Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Looks like everything being tested, Steve Davison Fan Page  posted this.

Just saw a bunch of water rising up from out of the moat! Now that's a good thing! Fun stuff!

He commented in the comments.
And yes it's really 3:30am here!

Lorum

Tests finished around 6:00 am this morning.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

javalos1991

I read on Radio Disney Club that a company, Neverland Theming Company, is working on decorating, hiding rather, the water screen pipes. I looked them up on google, went to their FaceBook page, and I believe they are! They have a new photo album named under "new project 2012" with only the 20th Anniversary logo. This sounds like great news!

Reference from Radio Disney Club:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 2F&act=url

Neverland Theming Company Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Neverland ... ?sk=photos

Neverland Theming Company Web Page:
http://www.neverlanddecors.com/index.cfm?Id=260

Lorum

And now, Disney Dreams! Show Control Room.

[spoiler:q4h32ehu][/spoiler:q4h32ehu]

Source: DisneyAndMore

littlemermaid83

Looks cosy in there!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ford prefect

A bit too much info there.  I personally would rather Back Stage photos kept secret.  Is it possible we could have a seperate "spoiler" thread?
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

ford prefect

I also think we need to be wary of spoiling things generally and disecting things before we see the final product.  I don't want to stifle debate, however I am really looking forward to seeing the finished show in August.  I love seeing the preparations and tests, but really don't want to see backstage.

Anthony

I've put that specific photo into Spoiler tags. Probably it shouldn't be posted at all, as it is a view taken from "backstage" and hasn't been officially released by Disneyland Paris.

Any other kinds of spoilers are practically a given with a project like this though, and we wouldn't have much of a topic without them, so anybody who doesn't want to know the secrets should know to look away before now!

I would however like to ask Lorum (and perhaps others) - though you're doing a fantastic job collecting all the latest news here, please do always give attribution and provide a source for every photo and piece of information.

ford prefect

I think any photos on set are great, as is any written news!  But thank you Anthony!

Lorum

Thank you, Anthony. I will try to write sources, but sometimes I forget it.

I think that photo doesn't reveal anything about the show, unless you're working in the entertainment industry. If it's the case, I know you could guess something (number of projectors, how they have placed them, monitoring, and much more, believe me).

@ford prefect, when are you visiting the park? I'm staying from 14-18th August.

However, I'd like to apologize, if I've discovered something that you didn't really want to see.

If someone wants to know why the Castle model appears rotated, read this.
[spoiler:o1074lup]If you take a look a the hippotizers, and the preview monitor, you can see that the Castle has been rotated. I think it is because projectors create panoramic images. As the castle is too high, I think they've rotated both images and projectors in order to cover the majority of the Castle's façade.[/spoiler:o1074lup]

javalos1991

List sources, indeed! I know I would be ticked off to see some of the info/research I've done and see someone else claiming it. Thats why all the information I come across and post here, I make sure to list my references. About spoilers, well...Isn't this what its for?

Lorum

The cascade has been activated again.

Right side projectors.

And some kind of devices have been placed over the Advertureland entrance sign.

Pictures: Radio Disney Club More pictures: //http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/disney-dreams-une-evolution-quotidienne/

And also on the Castle's rooftops.

Picture: Mika (DCP)

What is that? Maybe fire?

Also, the tents have come down and the Castle is beautiful.

Source: @InsideDLParis

angel8a131

Quote from: "Lorum"And some kind of devices have been placed over the Advertureland entrance sign.

Pictures: Radio Disney Club More pictures: //http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/disney-dreams-une-evolution-quotidienne/

And also on the Castle's rooftops.

Source: @InsideDLParis

Hi, this is my first post
I believe those devices are projectors, maybe to cover more surface of the Castle sides (like in wdw)

I made a sketch of how I think those projectors (if they are) are going to be arranged for the show, i put it as a spoiler because maybe is something that somebody does't want to see or speculate...
[spoiler:1jnz6qhz]
a view from the adventure land entrance roof

and from the "side" castle's rooftops
[/spoiler:1jnz6qhz]

P.D. Sorry for bad english =)

Lorum

Welcome angel!

This is the first time I say 'welcome' and I've just written my 100 post. Say congrats!

Great job, angel. This is exactly what they're doing. But some sources and forum users believe that they're temporary, just for the Press Event. The have replaced the projectors from Discoveryland to the Castle Stage.

Robert97

Angel8a131 welcome to the forums, I'm really liking your ideas with that sketch nice work.