Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Disneyland Paris - Fans have made a handy PDF you can get, this is what they say translated.

Ladies & Gentleman! Boys & girls! A promise kept! It is time for you to accompany me a few moments behind the scenes of this show that we are all waiting impatiently Disney Dreams!

For those who have not read the first version, the discovery will be complete! For others, they can enjoy the latest updates, research and assumptions!

To recall this issue is based on observations and assumptions that, happily, are confirmed mainly with time.

I again thank Lau 'for all time spent in the park to send you the best shots that allow me to move forward on!

Finally, this folder is YOURS! Add your comments! Your ideas! So feel free to express yourself;-)!

Do you follow me? Here we go! Happy reading!

http://www.divshare.com/download/16888453-ea1

Jonathan - DLPF

Robert97

The shows projectors are known as the Roadster HD18K.

Here is some info about them.

The Christie HD Series offers the broadest range of the brightest native HD resolution projectors – bar none. Lighter, lower power consumption and 10% brighter than the competition – Christie is HD resolution done right.

The Christie Roadster HD18K HD DLP® digital projector offers high resolution, crisp images from 10-bit processing combined with an HD platform – the next level of unparalleled presentation power.

Technology   3-chip DLP®
Resolution   1920 x 1080 HD
Brightness   18,000 Lumens
Contrast   2,000:1
Illumination   3.0kW Xenon Bubble
Lamp Life   750 hours
Height   15.1" (384 mm)
Width   24.5" (631.4 mm)
Depth   32.1" (814.8 mm)
Weight   160 lb (72.6 kg)

This native HD resolution 3-chip DLP® 18,000 lumen digital projector utilizes Xenon illumination – the pinnacle of image color accuracy and adjustability in easy to use, flexible packages.

The Christie Roadster HD18K 1920 x 1080 native resolution and a variable contrast ratio of 1600-2000:1 for crisp, detailed images. Next generation DLP® technology, high-quality optics and proven 10-bit image processing deliver exceptional image quality.

The Roadster HD18K features high-quality lenses specifically designed to increase image sharpness and provide manual contrast adjustment for impeccable control over your images. This model also features standard built-in edge-blending, two HD input channels that will also allow 4:4:4 signals, digital dark level adjustment, Intelligent Lens System™ on zoom and focus, and DMX 512 communication capabilities.

The Christie HD Series – the brightest, clearest HD imaging available in the world.

Features

True HD native resolution (1920 x 1080)
18,000 ANSI lumens
1600-2000:1 contrast ratio enabling highly enhanced image detail, with blacker blacks and whiter whites
True 10-bit image processing offers high-bandwidth signal processing
Built-in stacking and rigging
Xenon Bubble lamp system provides repeatability of photo-realistic colors and ability to accurately color-match images
2 High Definition input channels that allow 4:4:4 HD signals
DMX 512 communication capabilities
3D capable model available in Mirage Series
3D upgradable
Whether the application is education, entertainment, gaming, home cinema or live events – Christie's 3-chip DLP® projectors are 2D and 3D capable. The Christie Roadster HD18K is available as a 3D display solution or it can be upgraded from its existing 2D display technology to include 3D capabilities. Christie is the first to offer an upgrade path for its mid to high-end 3-chip DLP® projectors with the Mirage M Series advanced 3D functionality.

All this, combined with a 3-year warranty and our industry-leading service and support, enables the HD Series to provide high performance and peace of mind for all users.

More information can be found here.
http://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/bu ... ector.aspx

CafeFantasia

Wow, awesome PDF. VERY detailed analysis of all the Dreams hardware. Thanks for that Robert97. Now I just need to learn French so that I can read it :-)

Lorum

Great PDF. Just one explanation related to the fountains.

Just the 6 fountains group, with the geyser type jet, have an air-compressed system. Only these fountains!

Look at these pictures.

Here, you can see the small air tanks.

Here, we can see that these are just pumps, they do not use air to shoot water.

This is a pump similar to the ones installed in the park.

The water screens do not need air compressed either! The PDF picture could be for the elevator (pneumatic piston), not for the water screen!
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

coruscantpt

Times for the first two weeks of April are up on the official site. Week days Disneyland Park closes at 21:30 and weekends at 22:30 and 23:00.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Lorum

It seems this month will be so long. We won't see so many updates.

Robert97

Here are some more picture I found.

It seems that the big tents on Central Plaza are now coming down from @InsideDLParis

Patrick89

So much visible new technology around the castle...I don't know, but for me this looks really ugly  :?  But at least it wont be everlasting.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Robert97

But at least it wont be everlasting.[/quote]

I think they will keep the fountains and new high tech equipment for a long time. It would be a waste of time taking down the main stage installing the equipment and 2 years they take everything down. So I can see everything stay for years to come. Disney need this type of tech to keep the shows looking fantastic and not bland like the stage shows, I know the stage shows seemed good for a limited time but the main reason they removed the stage is because they have the new equipment etc and they will keep it. Also I think in the future they can program everything differently so different shows in the future can be customised rather than having Dreams on for 10 years.

dagobert

Quote from: "Patrick89"So much visible new technology around the castle...I don't know, but for me this looks really ugly  :?  But at least it wont be everlasting.

I don't mind the small fountains in the water, because they don't destroy the view of the castle. The lights that illuminte the castle are visible as well, but they also don't destroy the view. However I'm disappointed that Disney didn't come up with a solution for these two big metal fountains, because they do destroy the view.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"I don't mind the small fountains in the water, because they don't destroy the view of the castle. The lights that illuminte the castle are visible as well, but they also don't destroy the view. However I'm disappointed that Disney didn't come up with a solution for these two big metal fountains, because they do destroy the view.
This surely can't be the final look. I just hope whatever finishing touch they add, it doesn't draw more attention to them. I'm still imagining they'll be clad or encased in some way, perhaps to look like the towers of castle stage. Hopefully something that means you never give them a second glance.

Josh

Once they add the brown dye to the moat, then we'll see how well the fountains are camouflaged. But it's weird, because they can't theme the water screen poles with the water there. Maybe they'll drain it again after Steve and the rest of the imagineers are finished testing everything. And I guess it makes sense to test them while they can be easily removed.

Quote from: "coruscantpt"Times for the first two weeks of April are up on the official site. Week days Disneyland Park closes at 21:30 and weekends at 22:30 and 23:00.
Sorry. I must be hearing things, but it sounded as though you said that the Disneyland Park will be closing at 11 o'clock at night! :o
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

Long live the new tech!

20th Anniversary Official Website in Spanish!

//http://20-aniversario.disneylandparis.es

dreamdisney

coruscantpt

Quote from: "Meph"Once they add the brown dye to the moat, then we'll see how well the fountains are camouflaged. But it's weird, because they can't theme the water screen poles with the water there. Maybe they'll drain it again after Steve and the rest of the imagineers are finished testing everything. And I guess it makes sense to test them while they can be easily removed.

Quote from: "coruscantpt"Times for the first two weeks of April are up on the official site. Week days Disneyland Park closes at 21:30 and weekends at 22:30 and 23:00.
Sorry. I must be hearing things, but it sounded as though you said that the Disneyland Park will be closing at 11 o'clock at night! :o

Hehe no you are not hearing things :D finally decent park hours for Disneyland Park
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009