Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

Our next challenge is to get another soundtrack extract before the show premieres. Do not try it, it's unlikely.

However, we'll probably get some fountains pictures (running) first.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Patrick89

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Patrick89"So much visible new technology around the castle...I don't know, but for me this looks really ugly  :?  But at least it wont be everlasting.

I don't mind the small fountains in the water, because they don't destroy the view of the castle. The lights that illuminte the castle are visible as well, but they also don't destroy the view. However I'm disappointed that Disney didn't come up with a solution for these two big metal fountains, because they do destroy the view.

Well, these are actually the most disturbing elements. But I cannot really get accustomed to all the other elements as well. Maybe, if I hadn't read about all this stuff here, I wouldn't even notice it all ;)
Lets hope the metal fountains will be covered in some way, because the status quo must not be the standard of Disney.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

dreamdisney

On Radio Disney Club in Few day... A new extrait of Disney Dreams of Second star to the right ! Just beautiful !And maybe moments villains !

Sorry for my english i'm french !

Lorum

Don't worry, I'm Spanish! These guys forgive every single word I write in English. I'd like them to give me some marks. Probably, 2/10.

You mean.. a new soundtrack extract? Wow! Tomorrow, please!

And now, let's have look "underneath the construction fences at Central Plaza" @InsideDLParis.

Projectors.

Josh

Wow! There's so much exciting stuff going on, this week!

And welcome to the community, angel. :) You're probably right about the positions of the projectors. I don't think the ones by the castle stage could cover that entire side of the castle.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

A 'petite', as he says, photo of the projection tests taken by Liuxus from DCP.

[spoiler:2sn1hkuu][/spoiler:2sn1hkuu]

Look at the top window. They're working on the installation of the Second Star. He says there is a tall crane situated on the left side.

javalos1991

Do you think the fountains will run during the day? I think they should. The fountains that don't move, of course. I think it'll somewhat hide the equipment under water, or at least pay less attention to it. It'll be a nice feature. I found this video to show what I'm sorta talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIQLvdp ... re=related

Lorum

Good morning, everyone!

I've visited our forum friend website (Radio Club Disney) and I was looking at the pictures he has uploaded. Then I stopped and stared at this photo of the devices located on the Castle rooftops.

Source: //http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/disney-dreams-des-nouveaux-projecteurs-en-faade-du-chteau/

It seem a sky beam light, like this.

Obviously, devices installed in the park are bigger and more expensive than that.

QuoteDo you think the fountains will run during the day? I think they should. The fountains that don't move, of course. I think it'll somewhat hide the equipment under water, or at least pay less attention to it. It'll be a nice feature. I found this video to show what I'm sorta talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIQLvdp ... re=related

That's what the DCA does during a daytime show called "Disney Channel Rocks". The difference between the WoC platform and the Disney Dreams! fountains is that the first has 1200 jets and our show just 50 (although it's a great number). If you run the fountains during the day, you're revealing at least a 50 per cent of the nighttime spectacular. Expectations will almost decrease by half.

[youtube:2wcy6pnv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HauE4iaiXoA[/youtube:2wcy6pnv]
[youtube:2wcy6pnv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arIHfSXoaww[/youtube:2wcy6pnv]

One DCP user has specified the brand of the sky beam light. And it is Biglite.

Superbiglite 7.0 Model
//http://www.zaptechnology.net/PROD/schede.asp?codice=21

In conclusion, the covered devides are not searchlights.

Edit:

More about the lighting. I've found the architectural colour-changing Castle's lighting. The colour projectors are made in Italy, it's called CityBeam, and the specific model used in the park is CityBeam 2000 IP54, it weights 52 kg (125 lb), has 2000 W of power and can be controlled via 7 DMX channels.

//http://www.studiodue.com/architectural-fixtures/lamp-fixtures/citybeam-1800-ip54.html

angel8a131

Hi!, thanks for the welcoming everyone! :D

Quote from: "Meph"Wow! There's so much exciting stuff going on, this week!

And welcome to the community, angel. :) You're probably right about the positions of the projectors. I don't think the ones by the castle stage could cover that entire side of the castle.

Yes... i think you are right.

I analyzed some photos of the projectors by the castle stage and i come up with a possible coverage of the side of the castle, if anyone would like to see :) [spoiler:10swr6au]

[/spoiler:10swr6au]

Lorum

Good compositions, angel. However, these projectors can cover a wider area.

From Radio Club Disney, this picture reveals a new laser located inside a small tower.

javalos1991

QuoteThat's what the DCA does during a daytime show called "Disney Channel Rocks". The difference between the WoC platform and the Disney Dreams! fountains is that the first has 1200 jets and our show just 50 (although it's a great number). If you run the fountains during the day, you're revealing at least a 50 per cent of the nighttime spectacular. Expectations will almost decrease by half.

I know DCA used to put them on during the show, which is no longer there. I don't mean to put the fountains into full production mode like WoC used to do for that show, just simple running water going up a foot or two. I don't think it'll give the show away at all.

As for the mystery covered equipment showing up, I don't think tthey're projectors (too many installed already, my opinion). Its rather flood lights (or search lights, whatever), or fire. Maybe lasers...lol.

Josh

By the way, why do these projector set-ups have pairs of projectors together? Do they overlay the projections to make them clearer, or something. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Fultimate on MiceChat posted the following:

"Disney Dreams! will be broadcasted live on the French internet biggest television channel, MyTF1, on March 31, 10.30 pm (Paris hour).

The show will be introduced by the French presenter Sandrine Quétier."

Glstitch

Too bad most countries can't watch MyTF1...

Robert97

Quote from: "Glstitch"Too bad most countries can't watch MyTF1...

Can't it be streamed over the internet though ?