Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glstitch

Rumoured that the 'little fountains' will be used during the day to create a magic fog which will hide the ugly foutains.

From : http://glstitch-productions.blogspot.co ... rsary.html

peter

That would be mindblowing, but seems unlikely to me.

dlrpkris

Unlikely? Having it well maintained so it's effective might be unlikely, but I cannot think of another reason why they're there. The mist/fog will be so insignificant that you wouldn't get to see it when watching the show, so during the day makes sense. and it's only around the installed fountain units too. Coincidence?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Josh

I thought those tubes were for sucking up the water, but that would also make sense. I thought the fact that they were painted brown (like the colour of the water) was enough to hide them.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

If they use water fog to hide the fountains system, how did they hide the water screens? It does not make sense to hide something covered with water and then to have a grey large pipe in the middle.

This show will increase water expenses, too.. lol. The evaporation of the water not only because of the sun, but also because of the spraying, especially if they're going to have the water fog during the entire day. Besides, the screens will spread water out of the lakes, emptying them.

More pictures.

These seem to be projectors, but I think they are lasers.

Refrigerating system, presumably for the projectors.

And the LED rings for the fountains have arrived.

I really doubted that we only have four colors for the fountains, because LED rings are mostly full color. Now, having the following pictures from Radio Disney Club, I think I can say they are Full Color LED rings.

Water Screen.

"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Anthony

You know, I'd be fascinated to know the budget for Dreams. It's absolutely huge and just keeps growing...

I can actually believe the perimeter tubes being used for a light fog during the day. Not just to mask the other jets poking out of the water but to cover the clear water of the moat so you can't see into it from above. It must be much shallower than the kind of water this stuff is usually hidden in, and with the bridge passing right overhead you'd otherwise get a view straight through to all this equipment... great for us newfound fountain geeks, but not very magical.

What's the latest on the water screen towers? Any idea how they'll eventually be hidden, besides being shrunk down to their lowest height? I'm surprised they weren't painted before they were installed.

I like to imagine the work at Castle Stage is to build the viewing area for those rumoured Disney Dreams restaurant packages. Free ponchos for all diners. ;-)

Aurora1

The round LED-lights in one of the pictures, do they count as hidden Mickeys?? ;)
Aurora1

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Anthony"I like to imagine the work at Castle Stage is to build the viewing area for those rumoured Disney Dreams restaurant packages. Free ponchos for all diners. ;-)

Watching from the Castle stage isn't exactly a great view imo. Thats a side on view. I would want a full on frontal view, but that is just me.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Watching from the Castle stage isn't exactly a great view imo. Thats a side on view.
You couldn't get more "exclusive" than a viewing position practically within the water screens, though. Or perhaps these diners will be drafted into the control booth to help run the show? Perfect view there.

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I would want a full on frontal view, but that is just me.
:oops:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I would want a full on frontal view, but that is just me.

Yeah I just realised how bad that sounded.  :shock:  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Lorum

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "Anthony"

Yeah I just realised how bad that sounded.  :shock:  :lol:

Please, someone to explain this to a non-English speaker?

dagobert

@Lorum: I implies that Littlemermaid wants a full frontal nudity view.

Back on topic:

Do we already know how Disney wants to hide that huge metal thing? Do you thaink it is possible that Disney builds a small tower themed like the castle to hide it and when needed the fountain is errected.

Josh

Quote from: "Anthony"I'm surprised they weren't painted before they were installed.
There must be a reason for that. Surely it's because they're going to be covered by a column or rock work. But I can't think of anything like that that would fit with the castle's story.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

Quote from: "dagobert"@Lorum: I implies that Littlemermaid wants a full frontal nudity view.

Back on topic:

Do we already know how Disney wants to hide that huge metal thing? Do you thaink it is possible that Disney builds a small tower themed like the castle to hide it and when needed the fountain is errected.

Ohh, so it wasn't a language problem. The problem is I'm so stupid.

Quote from: "Meph"There must be a reason for that. Surely it's because they're going to be covered by a column or rock work. But I can't think of anything like that that would fit with the castle's story.

That would not fit, but it is possible.

More projectors and more pictures.

This is huge! Look at the wipers. I'm sure they've installed them because the glass will get wet.