Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

I can't wait to see it, I just know I'm going to love it.
Ed & David

Lorum

I was talking about the soundtrack and not the final product.

We all know what's the difference between a soundtrack and a show, and I'm talking about a soundtrack, not a show. No matter what effects are they going to include in the show or how many layers they're going to create in the mixing. I've worked in ProTools. What we have heard here was a soundtrack example that belongs to the end of the show. I'm sure "The Second Start To The Right" is a great song to create something special inside our hearts, but the arrangement of "You Can Fly" is not as good as I expected. But it doesn't mean that I hate it. It's good!

I'm not trying to underestimate Disney music compositions, because it would be so absurd. However, the video plays the final score, completely mixed. Remember that Steve said that he has just completed the soundtrack mixing. So all the effects and 'layers' have been finished, apart from the voices.

In relation to the video of WoC, what I can hear is precisely the idea I was trying to explain. You may think I just want to criticize the work of the WDI and the composer, and there's nothing further from the truth. I must say that any creative team in the world can make such a great job.

Disney Dreams! will surely be the most wonderful show we've ever seen in DLP, and the most magical one in Europe. And problably, I'll be one of the Disney Dreams! defenders.

Edit: And now... a spoiler and some pictures.

Peter & Wendy Scene Dialogue
[spoiler:1ww96fdc]

Wendy - Oh, Peter! C'est une nuit de rêve! (Oh, Peter! It's a night of dream).

Peter Pan - Look! The Second Star to the Right! It can take you to Neverland and any place else your dreams can take you.

Wendy - La magie de la deuxième échelle peut nous faire voyager au travers de nos rêves (The magic of the Second Star can take us anywhere in our dreams).

Peter Pan - Wendy, are you ready to fly? Off to adventure? To places beyond your wildest dreams? All we need is some faith and trust... oh, and a little bit of dust... pixie dust!

Wendy - Avec la poussière d'étoile! (with some Pixie Dust)

Peter Pan - Hey, Tink! Tinker Bell, where are you?

Wendy - Clochette! (Tinker Bell)

Peter Pan - We need you Tink!

Wendy - Clochette! (Tinker Bell)[/spoiler:1ww96fdc]

And this one is very interesting.

And you are asking yourself, what are those arch-shaped fountains? Well, you see.

Look that large brown fountain jet. Clue: it is connected to a flexible tube. Yes! We have moving fountains! This is gonna be huge! :D/
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Josh

Wow! So that's what the second star to the right is? It's not just a light inside the window; they've actually cut the window open and put a star inside it!

I really need to stop looking at spoilers, now. XD This is going to be awesome!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

WOWOWOWOW. So I also guess this means we're getting new animation as well?!?! This is sounding really great. That last photo really makes you realise how big this is going to be.

I am a wee bit disapoited by the films included in the show. I love that they've got Peter Pan and Hunchback, but you'd have thought Lion King and The Little Mermaid were no brainers, considering that they're two of the most popular films, AND they've advertised Ariel in almost every single visual. I was hoping they'd simply take chunks of the projection from World of Colour.

Where are these images from, Lorum?

Teacup

Wow! I think I just overdosed on scenography looking at those plans, and I haven't even seen the show yet. Just think, if it's going to be that big, with just the small veiwing area that Central Plaza provides, this is likely to be seriously imersive.
Finally someone has figured out how to get Designers to do their jobs properly. I can't wait to see this finished!
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

Lorum

Quote from: "Columbiad"WOWOWOWOW. So I also guess this means we're getting new animation as well?!?! This is sounding really great. That last photo really makes you realise how big this is going to be.

I am a wee bit disapoited by the films included in the show. I love that they've got Peter Pan and Hunchback, but you'd have thought Lion King and The Little Mermaid were no brainers, considering that they're two of the most popular films, AND they've advertised Ariel in almost every single visual. I was hoping they'd simply take chunks of the projection from World of Colour.

Where are these images from, Lorum?

I completely agree with you! And I'm sure we're getting new animations, since there's a new dialogue. The pictures were taken in the Annual General Shareholders Assembly, and I think Steve was there presenting the show, because I could hear his voice at the end of the soundtrack extract.

Edit: And now... The whole presentation of Disney Dreams! with pictures and videos. Are you ready?

Attention! Spoiler Warning! This spoiler includes pictures, character voices, music and videos of the show.

[spoiler:2m9ebob1]

And... Steve!

Some Special Effects!

The Second Star Effects and Castle Projections with Steve.

[youtube:2m9ebob1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzHDsjOFGoY[/youtube:2m9ebob1]

The Lighting Effects and Lasers picture

There will be lasers, 4 color fountains (not Full Color as in WoC), arch-shaped fountains, fireworks, fire and bubbles!

Another picture of the show flow (better quality)

Attention here!! The complete first dialogue!! Soundtrack and voices.

[youtube:2m9ebob1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIz12RL-OKY[/youtube:2m9ebob1]

Captain Hook captures Perter Pan's Shadows! Custom Show animation confirmed exclusive for our show!!

[youtube:2m9ebob1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbswjwgHm4[/youtube:2m9ebob1]

London Orchestra plays the final sequence! It's better quality, so I can say now that I was wrong and it's a great arrangement!

[youtube:2m9ebob1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENfYLjAn9To[/youtube:2m9ebob1]

The projectors make the Castle look like Notre Dame de Paris and Quasimodo climbs and jumps.

[youtube:2m9ebob1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKL_xXxC04[/youtube:2m9ebob1][/spoiler:2m9ebob1]

And for those who don't want to open the spoiler, I just can say this is going to be awesome!

Josh

I can't resist looking at spoilers. XD I wish I was going for my 18th birthday on the 12th of April. It's going to be brilliant!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

I have edited again the last post because the Captian Hook's video was the same of the Peter&Wendy dialogue.

Columbiad

That last video is really magnificent. Gave me goosebumps through and through - the way they turned the castle into Notre Dame, and then had Quasi climb up and round, and then turned it inside out - wowowow.  I can't wait for this show! By the looks of it, they will also project onto the hill at the side of the castle.

CafeFantasia

The music sounds awesome. It's great to finally have someone (Steve Davison) with an incredible VISION back at Disneyland Paris. Proper Disney magic always comes from the imagination of an individual who can visualise something beyond the expectations of guests.

Space Mountain excited guests back in 1995 for the very same reason; Tim Delaney had an incredible vision. He imagined something way beyond what any of us were expecting.

dagobert

Quote from: "Alan"Space Mountain excited guests back in 1995 for the very same reason; Tim Delaney had an incredible vision. He imagined something way beyond what any of us were expecting.

I wonder waht Tim Delaney thinks about Mission 2. They should have asked him that in the Season Pass podcast. Since nearly everyone who has experienced De La Terre A La Lune, is disappointed by the new version. At least I am disappointed.

Sorry for being OFF TOPIC.

Robert97

Wow this show looks fantastic loving all the concept thanks for sharing the sources. Also will the fountains likely to stay in the future or will they only be used for 20th anniversary ?

DLP-Photos.com

Wow - is this really happening to our Disneyland Paris?? It truly looks spectacular and to be one of the best shows ever to be presented in DLP.

Now, can it just be the 7th of August already??
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

littlemermaid83

OMG It looks AMAZING!!!

But they got the voice for Peter Pan all wrong. Doesn't sound anything like him.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Glstitch

Quote from: "Robert97"Wow this show looks fantastic loving all the concept thanks for sharing the sources. Also will the fountains likely to stay in the future or will they only be used for 20th anniversary ?

They probably will stay there for a couple of years.