Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "peter"But it could be much worse, couldn't it.

It's Disney! I don't want to think, that it could be worse. Disney is known or at least was known to do things perfectly.

Thanks to user aloha2262 from Disney Central Plaza we now know the showflow.

[spoiler:3fjdshq2]First Scene:
- Tinkerbell/Second Star to the Right
- Peter & Wendy/Peter's Shadow Escapes/Diving into Dreams

Second Scene: The Shadow at Play
- Be Our Guest
- Meeting Remy/Shadow Set Free
- Friend Like Me

Third Scene:
- Out There
- Steo in Time
- I Wanna Be Like You
- Magic Forest/See the Light

Fourth Scene: Shadow Battle
- Friends on the Other Side
- Captain Hook Captures Peter's Shadow

Finale: Dreams Can Take Us Anywhere
- Peter & Wendy
- You can fly/Second Star[/spoiler:3fjdshq2]

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... es#1200677

Glstitch

Quote from: "dagobert"I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed that the fountains are visible. After what WDI did at DCA with WoC, I would have expected that they try to hide the fountains better.

It isn't finshed yet , they will be hidden ;)

|Q|

no, wait, is there REALLY people here that thinks thet those tubes will be bare steel? lol

i'm really curious to see how they turn out

Q

Lorum

Extended Pipe
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

15MagicalYears

That's interesting to see it extended, all this speculation is driving me insane! Just wish it was April now - haha.

Lorum

I'm not very happy with the "Magic Everywhere" and the Showflow is not what I was waiting for. I miss "The Lion King" and "The Little Mermaid".

Then the finale isn't promising, since "You Can Fly" or "The Second Star To The Right" are not the best songs to sound at the end of any show. Besides "Friends on the Other Side" isn't the most spectacular evil music.

15MagicalYears

I agree, I'm truly disappointed at the absence of The Lion King and The Little Mermaid, both have such beautiful scenes and music - I'm hoping the show ill be just as great without them.

Lorum

A short Disney Dreams! soundtrack has arrived.

[spoiler:1g46tdic]Spoiler Warning: This is an extract of the Disney Dreams! sountrack.
[youtube:1g46tdic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMSPCDlPXiM[/youtube:1g46tdic][/spoiler:1g46tdic]

Josh

I'm glad the hunchback will be in it. I think it's a good selection. Plus, they can always change them in the future.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"A short Disney Dreams! soundtrack has arrived.

[spoiler:8eakv1wk]Spoiler Warning: This is an extract of the Disney Dreams! sountrack.
[youtube:8eakv1wk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMSPCDlPXiM[/youtube:8eakv1wk][/spoiler:8eakv1wk]

Thanks it sounds very good I must say, sounds very epic and shall be very good to the fountains and all the other effects.

Lorum

I find it quite simple, dull.

When we say 'epic', we must remember that "The Lord of the Rings", "The Stampede" (from Hans Zimmer for "The Lion King") and "Pirates of the Caribbean" are epic soundtracks. No matter how the composer has arranged the notes of "You Can Fly", this song is hard to convert into epic. And looking at the showflow, we only see "You Can Fly" at the end of the show, so we are listening to the most important section of it.

Although the evil section is one of the most thrilling of any Disney show, I can't stand the "Friends on the Other Side" song, because Disney has plenty of great soundtracks like "Poor Unfortunate Souls", "Be Prepared" or "Hellfire". "The Princess and The Frog" soundtrack just makes sense in Soundsational Parade.

dlrpkris

The show flow I'm sure doesn't give an accurate depiction of what will happen... really. Don't forget that orchestrations can be multi-layered with multiple tunes at the same time and I for one am expecting a sensory overload... starting with the music. A huge choir and an orchestra can make the poorest of tunes sound huge, emotional and exciting. There could also be new compositions, bridges etc don't forget. The Second Star To The Right is quite beautiful actually in my opinion :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

javalos1991

Quote from: "dlrpkris"The show flow I'm sure doesn't give an accurate depiction of what will happen... really. Don't forget that orchestrations can be multi-layered with multiple tunes at the same time and I for one am expecting a sensory overload... starting with the music. A huge choir and an orchestra can make the poorest of tunes sound huge, emotional and exciting. There could also be new compositions, bridges etc don't forget. The Second Star To The Right is quite beautiful actually in my opinion :)

Yes! This video is a PERFECT example of music layering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl0KnEU-U5Q

Jump to 4:37. Thats the WoC Theme with orchestra only. Once you get to 5:08, they play the same music, this time with piano and other elements added/layered into it. There is no singing in this video but in the final product, they added the singer(s)/choir and boy what a difference it makes. I'm not saying that the orchestra itself is boring (I am a musician myself and I personally LOVE just listening to the orchestra itself) but with the added elements, it grabs your attention even more.

Listen to the final product here. Jump to 1:06 for the same excerpt of the video on top with layered elements and singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWjYo5gnp2E

dlrpkris

Oh that's absolutely right! And not only that, themes from other movies can find themselves playing on top as well. All together the score will have amazing depth
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

Quote from: "Lorum"When we say 'epic', we must remember that "The Lord of the Rings", "The Stampede" (from Hans Zimmer for "The Lion King") and "Pirates of the Caribbean" are epic soundtracks.
I'd call them (the final two at least) "loud" soundtracks.

Thank god the soundtrack of this show, taking the wonderful Peter Pan songs as its theme, will have an "epic" quality that extends beyond throwing as many notes at the page as possible. An emotional epic-ness, something that lifts your heart, that's more important. If you ask me, you can't get a more "epic" idea than flying up into the nighttime sky and following the second star to the right...