Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

First trailer of the 20th Anniversary on Spanish television.

[youtube:277wumdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-kGcl8LWM[/youtube:277wumdk]
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

dlrpkris

I'm really not impressed by this commercial. I was under the impression that characters were going to appear on different buildings around Europe to create a sense of event and scale. Maybe even like the Its A Small World Disney Parks commercial.

[youtube:hpilpbse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvgpdAYPrYM[/youtube:hpilpbse]
And during the commercial there's so much dead space around the castle. I know there's a lot of offers and deals they want to promote to get people there, but it reduces the level of magic in the ad to virtually nil :( And even this late, why is Nemo still being advertised as part of the show?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

mdw

I actually like this! Very cute

Josh

Although it's really a Walt Disney World advert, so it's not relevant to us. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

I quite like the new trailer.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CafeFantasia

Is Dreams going to be more spectacular than the fountain and fireworks show they do at Versailles in France? I have a feeling that it's not, which is a real shame, since Disney used to be the masters of this kind of thing.

Check out this video of Les Noces Royales de Louis XIV.

[youtube:2u3td1m7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMdTXDa2_g8&hd=1[/youtube:2u3td1m7]

Lorum

New Disney Dreams update photo from @InsideDLParis.

Honestly, I can't imagine this show in cold winter days.

dazzle_v2003

I share your concerns Lorum. I don't know how it will work unless there will be two versions, a warm weather version and a cold weather version but that isn't fair for guests who come in the colder months. They expect and should receive the same experience. I would hope as WDI have full control they have thought of this and put plans in place to ensure it can run in all weather.

Lorum

In cold months, they should use some antifreeze liquid in the lakes (this is totally absurd), because low temperatures could freeze water as it gets into the air, and this is undesirable.

Great pictures!

CafeFantasia

If it were technically possible, imagine if they built a huge glass dome over the whole of Disneyland Park. That way they could control the climate, keep the park nice and warm, and keep the rain and snow out. It'd be great really :-)

pussinboots

Or they could leave all their fridge doors open and keep all their TVs on stand-by and wait for global warming to take care of it.

Columbiad

Quote from: "Alan"If it were technically possible, imagine if they built a huge glass dome over the whole of Disneyland Park. That way they could control the climate, keep the park nice and warm, and keep the rain and snow out. It'd be great really :-)

Was this not the plan for Lava Lagoon, the water park envisioned for the resort? Surely that means that it is possible (if not, of course, affordable.)

CafeFantasia

I really don't buy the idea that TVs on standby lead to global warming. Mine uses 0.25 W of power when it's in standby mode. Using lower wattage light bulbs, or just using fewer lights in the home, surely makes a bigger difference.

Yeah, I'm 90% certain that Lava Lagoon was going to be indoors, under a glass dome, a bit like the Village Centre at Center Parcs. But a single dome to cover the entire width of Disneyland Park? That'd be a bloody big dome!

JelleP

Yes, that would be a bloody big dome ;-)

Now back on-topic!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]