Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

Expedition Everest..But why?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

peter

You're right, that looks like the expedition Everest silhouette. Why though?

Being a dreamer, I'm going to suggest that maybe imagineering made this and want to convince DLP.

Pete's Dragon

I'd hazard a guess that it's Big Thunder Mountain

15MagicalYears

I don't think you guys should look to deeply in to this, it's just a visual for the new night-time show & these things are almost always exaggerated and never reflect real-life. (for eg- the Studios are to the right etc.)

Columbiad

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I don't think you guys should look to deeply in to this, it's just a visual for the new night-time show & these things are almost always exaggerated and never reflect real-life. (for eg- the Studios are to the right etc.)

Completely, but its always curious (certainly to me as a designer) to see how they decide to manipulate the parks and what they decide to add in/take out.

CafeFantasia

Right, they probably just chose that mountain (Expedition Everest?) because it looked better in the visual than Big Thunder Mountain.

That said, wouldn't it be a lovely surprise if Disney announced on the 12th of April 2012, that they were starting construction on Expedition Everest in Adventureland :-) Good riddance Temple of Peril, with your ear smashing restraints and family-unfriendly loop.

CafeFantasia

This just in from @InsideDLParis. Now, I don't won't to get too excited, but I see a large tent, a big hole in the ground and lots of tubing. Could it be that they are installing a fountain in the middle of Central Plaza after all?  :D Surely it's overkill if all they're doing is installing a new flowerbed?

Columbiad

Yeessssssssss. I think a fountain would just reinforce the distinctive class that DLP has that separates it from its international cousins. I'm hoping for a fountain.

Unless - do the flowerbeds have self-watering systems? Seems like something they'd have to help those perfect plants stay perfect.

Josh

The fountain wasn't on the plans in the teaser video, so I doubt it. But I'm curious why they need a tent, too. What are those pipes for, and why are they so worried about getting water down there? Is there a utilidor underneath there?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

It could just be that they've now got less than two months to get this area finished and any delays due to inclement weather would be a major problem. Marne-la-Vallée's weather forecast has a high of -1C today!

I'm a little disappointed some of the old lampposts still seem to be there in that picture. I was hoping they might redesign Central Plaza with lower-level lighting that won't get in the way of the show, like the World of Color viewing area. Perhaps changes still to come...

Very impressed with the firework tests we've seen so far, they definitely seem to be better than what we're used to. Far more colourful and perhaps better launched too. Is this that compressed air launch system finally reaching Paris? (Or did we already have it?)

davewasbaloo

We already had it. It was developed as a way to compensate for the local laws. It debuted a fair few years ago.
since 2001 (many before that)

JelleP

More photo's from @InsideDLParis:

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Robert97

Wow they look amazing but are they fountains those frame things tilted ?

[/quote]

Josh

Yep, they're tilted. :) One strand of fountains in the foreground still needs painting in the dirty brown water colour. Those brown cuboids have been moved further back, with some piled up in the corner. I wonder what they're for. Also, we still haven't seen what will make the water screen.

And notice that they stretch around the castle stage, too. You should have a great view of the show even from there. :D

I'm very curious about exactly where everyone will stand to watch the show. We'll be needing some tips on DLRPMagic, Anthony, about where's the best places. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

I think those small types of fountains titled may be the water screen jets. You also see in the grass bit at the bottom a circle same near the titled fountains I think they may be stands for the water screen. Who knows we will have to wait and see how this picks up.