Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapunzel80

Does anyone know if the Nighttime Spectacular will be on throughout May.  From what i can see on here it makes it look like it starts from 1st April, but I believe nighttime entertainment is usually just on throughout the main summer months??? Would love to see this, but we're booked from 7th May .  Thanks for any help :)

ed-uk

I believe Disney Dreams will be on throughout May with extended opening hours in the park, thats the impression I've been given.
Ed & David

Rapunzel80

Thanks for the quick reply.  Fingers crossed.... If not we'll just have to go back :)

Lorum

Maybe those little jets are water fog, but I doubt it, beacause if you're standing in Central Plaza, you won't be able to see water level on the lakes in front of the castle.

Marne-la-Vallée is a very cold humid area in which building works are very difficult to develop. It seems the tent is protecting that zone from the rain and condensation. Maybe they don't want the soils to get saturated.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Rafael

It would be great Central Plaza with a nice fountain...  :D

ed-uk

Regarding fountains, I'd be surprised if Central Plaza became part of the show, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I hope there will be some surprises left after all the speculation.
Ed & David

Robert97

Quote from: "ed-uk"Regarding fountains, I'd be surprised if Central Plaza became part of the show, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I hope there will be some surprises left after all the speculation.

They may have a stage and a big fountains in the middle of the stage that shoots up high it may be possible.

Anthony

Quote from: "Robert97"They may have a stage and a big fountains in the middle of the stage that shoots up high it may be possible.
Definitely no stage! We can rule that one out, thank god.

Robert97

Steve Davison Fan Page has a new post,

We finished mixing the score for Disney Dreams yesterday! It is really breathtakingly beautiful, soaring, magical and EPIC! I am so proud of it. I worked with composer Joel McNeely on the score. He brings a whole new spirit and richness to nighttime spectaculars. Can't wait for you all to hear it!

GrantR

I've just looked into Josh McNeely's work. It's gorgeous! I'm looking forward to the soundtrack so much! The landing page of his website has some very Tangled-esque music on it. It's worth listening to!
Anyway, I digress. His news page reveals more details about the recording of the Disney Dreams score. :D

"Joel has just completed the score to a new outdoor spectacular show for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris. The show is entitled Disney Dreams. Joel recorded at Abbey Road in London with a 90 piece orchestra, children's choir and adult choir. It will also feature a song written by Joel for Cara Dillon."

New name to keep an eye on! :P

GrantR

AH He's the Tink composer. Just realised. My last post looks ever so amateur now. :P

Columbiad

Cara Dillon also sang two of the songs for the Tinker Bell movies.

Lorum

Can't wait!
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

GrantR

I also figured this after I posted. Ignore my rambling on. I'm just so excited. ^_*

littlemermaid83

So excited!!! The music will make Dreams for me.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!