Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacemt_uk

Quote from: "Tigerlilly"and the star was quite clearly working on the TF1 video shot a couple of days after the one shown on the official site (which also didn't have the lasers)  :?

(I'm also an architecture student, and there is no way on earth you'd make the top of the castle out of solid concrete, not a chance)

I'm an architect (for 8+yrs now) there is no way that top part is solid concrete....it's made of concrete yes but there is internal space there for sure

seanmartina

ye im sure there is just on that part for electrics etc, , but the whole castle was poured concrete, no access from below as its all solid concrete, no stairs, only access would be to crane up there,  im 100% its on solid base, the rest of the towers is solid, but i think this one is different , im sure there is no show room etc..

Festival Disney

Video from tonight, the star IS working!!
[youtube:31zadcn7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUp4Rk-kHaA&feature=g-all-u&context=G274a532FAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube:31zadcn7]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Columbiad

Its the way the tips of the star go over the lip of the window - how does it fit in side? Perhaps it folds open, like a flower?

seanmartina

brilliant can wait till august

coruscantpt

The video shown in the DLP park was not live. Yesterday the star did work. Before the show, the top part of the castle was dark for some time and then when the show started it was there
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Robert97

Robert97

Source: Steve's Facebook Page.

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of kind words about Disney Dreams. It was not an easy show to create. In the end the team is very proud and we can never thank you enough for your support.

We saw it twice tonight for the first time with a packed house. It was amazing to see the reactions of the crowd as they watched in amazement.

I leave in the morning to return to California after being here 5 weeks. The show is in great hands. Thanks Disneyland Paris! And Happy 20th Anniversary!

ed-uk

Great to see the star back, if it ever went away. And all the fireworks still there, so it looks like DLP will have fireworks all year for the first time. I didn't think Dreams would come up to the high standard set by WoC, and I know the shows are different, but overall I think I like Dreams better.
Ed & David

Columbiad

User Jaq at Disney Central Plaza has discovered the secret of the second star from looking closely at the Press Photographs of Dreams.

[spoiler:lh4ljw03]

And zoomed in:

Sources: Dreams! Press Images from https://www.facebook.com/DlrpExpress
Cropped image: http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t2772 ... -critiques[/spoiler:lh4ljw03]

CafeFantasia

There's been a lot of discussion about the fireworks in Dreams and whether they'll be in the show every night, or not. Well I think the key thing is that Dreams contains pyrotechnic effects, but not necessarily fireworks. In the Q&A session that Steve Davison did with fansites on Saturday the 31st of March 2012, he addressed this issue:

Q: Are there special pyrotechnics developed for the show?

A: To be honest, no. What we did for this show is, we made them daily use. That, when you do your kind of special event shows, they have to cordon off so much of the park that you can't get that close to them. Eric Tucker, who does my pyro designs for all my shows, actually worked a lot to make this pyro daily use, so you can use it all the time. So it doesn't have a lot of fallout. So, it's very park friendly, actually.

Q: And also for sound concerns, maybe also?

A: Yeah we went through all that. There was a lot of, because they want to run this show quite frequently, that we had to reach a very certain sound design. Which we did. We're actually under it, so, we can run the show. And there were some things that came out because they were too loud, actually.

[youtube:gn7mdd0p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUh8LKGMfcA&feature=g-u-u&context=G2f26d27FUAAAAAAABAA[/youtube:gn7mdd0p]
Video via DLRPfans.be

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Alan"There was a lot of, because they want to run this show quite frequently
(my italics)

Isn't "quite frequently" rather an oddish way to say "Every night"?

Ah well, I suppose we'll find out soon enough if the full show is going to be done every night when people start sending in trip reports.

littlemermaid83

He also mentioned that you can watch the show without lasers, fireworks etc and just the animation.

I really hope DLP don't scale back that far in order to cut costs.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CafeFantasia

Yeah, "quite frequently" doesn't sound like EVERY NIGHT. But, perhaps he doesn't have the authority to say (with full confidence) that Disneyland Paris will be performing Dreams! every night of 2012.