Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorum

Quote from: "Alan"Yeah, "quite frequently" doesn't sound like EVERY NIGHT. But, perhaps he doesn't have the authority to say (with full confidence) that Disneyland Paris will be performing Dreams! every night of 2012.

Exactly. I think Disney Dreams! is supposed to run with all the effects at least during the 20th anniversary year.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

littlemermaid83

What is the name of the song sung at the end of Dreams? It's beautiful.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Malin

I think the show will definately run until Sept the 30th every night. Because of the promise of extended park hours during this time. Why would you advertise longer opening hours if you were not planning to run the show. So we certainly will see Dreams! being performed until Oct. After that its not clear but with nights getting darker earlier the show could still continue daily even with shorter opperating hours. To be honest Dreams is the main draw for the 20th Anniversary the other stuff is just rethemed from before. While it refreshes the offerings its not going to bring in the expected crowds.

I know the show has only really had two official performances so far but where would you suggest is the best place to be to watch the show?

seanmartina

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"What is the name of the song sung at the end of Dreams? It's beautiful.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/03/29/the ... bbey-road/

tells you about the music   cara dillion is the singer...

DutchBrit

In the trip reports section there is a post that says that Dreams did NOT run on Monday viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13067

Does anyone know if it has run since the weekend? And if not, does anyone have any idea what sort of schedule there will really be for it?

CafeFantasia

Given that we're now in the UK Easter Holidays, it seems very odd for Disneyland Paris' big new nighttime spectacular to not be running every night of the week. There must be a lot of disappointed visitors.

DopeyDad

wait, is it not every night now?

DopeyDad

Quote from: "Malin"I think the show will definately run until Sept the 30th every night. Because of the promise of extended park hours during this time. Why would you advertise longer opening hours if you were not planning to run the show. So we certainly will see Dreams! being performed until Oct. After that its not clear but with nights getting darker earlier the show could still continue daily even with shorter opperating hours. To be honest Dreams is the main draw for the 20th Anniversary the other stuff is just rethemed from before. While it refreshes the offerings its not going to bring in the expected crowds.

I know the show has only really had two official performances so far but where would you suggest is the best place to be to watch the show?

I understood from earlier reports that extended hours after Sept simply weren't necessary as it would already be dark enough for the show with current hours. I thought this implied the show was year round.

Where has this idea that its not year round and every night come from? Is there a source or are we assuming things here?

15MagicalYears

Dreams did run last night, and is planned to be running every night this week (according to the entertainment schedule). I'm not sure where that rumour is coming from but Dreams most definitely ran last night, I think people are just assuming the worst.

littlemermaid83

Yep Dreams did run last night, I know people in the park that watched it.

Also I'm fed up of hearing that after Sept Dreams won't on everynight, there is NOTHING that confirms this. In October by 7pm the park is dark and by 8pm pitch black so I don't know why everyone keeps assuming that after the 30th September thats it for Dreams. They don't need to extend the opening hours after September because it will be dark enough to show Dreams.

Ok I got that off my chest  :evil:  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Daniel

Quote from: "Columbiad"User Jaq at Disney Central Plaza has discovered the secret of the second star from looking closely at the Press Photographs of Dreams.

[spoiler:3lko469u]

And zoomed in:

Sources: Dreams! Press Images from https://www.facebook.com/DlrpExpress
Cropped image: http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t2772 ... -critiques[/spoiler:3lko469u]

Does the second star effect work now then, and does it fold up or something to fit in that space?

ulak

I do not see a video and Dreams to my next visit DLP and dont see official topic with so much spoilers and therefore I have a question.
How much different (less effects, pyrotechnics etc.) Dreams in comparison with the release on 31th? How much changes in the future?
Thank you!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

disneymad1000

Is there a pre-show or post-show for Disney dreams! like world of color has???
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

DutchBrit

Quote from: "ulak"I do not see a video and Dreams to my next visit DLP and dont see official topic with so much spoilers and therefore I have a question.
How much different (less effects, pyrotechnics etc.) Dreams in comparison with the release on 31th? How much changes in the future?
Thank you!

That's rather the 6,000,000 dollar question.....

Some think there will be no changes and daily shows. Some think that they may well cut down on both fireworks and possibly performances in non-peak times. But it's all pretty much guesswork. We'll just have to wait for official announcements or trip reports to get a better idea.

Anthony

What a perfect night for dreaming!

Here's my own HD video of Disney Dreams!, filmed from the middle of Central Plaza...

[youtube:2ub1zd8z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNjMOXSL7k[/youtube:2ub1zd8z]