Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Daniel"Does the second star effect work now then, and does it fold up or something to fit in that space?
Yes, it works. A kind of rig moves out of the window, then the "arms" of the star fold outwards. It's very very clever and quite fun to see in action. I didn't clearly see how the window works, but it's one complete window that moves back into place once the star is folded up inside. On "opening night" on Sunday, they moved the star out a couple of times before the first show (unfortunately I missed it with my camera) and then left it in place until the show began, and between each show.

After the final performance, it moved back inside and the window moved back up into position. I think when they're confident that it's fully working, it should possibly only emerge once the show begins... but for such an important element that might be too much of a gamble.

Also I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere (don't know where I'll begin catching up on posts from the past few days), but the star looks quite different in reality to how it's picked up on videos. It's still very bright (it casts a shadow over Central Plaza!), but you see the shape and the individual lights and lasers more clearly. The whole is very different to see "live" because of the incredible clear projections and elements like water and fire - during the villains scene you really feel the heat of the flames from right back at the Casey's Corner end of Main Street!

Quote from: "disneymad1000"Is there a pre-show or post-show for Disney dreams! like world of color has???
In the video above you can see the post-show of the Cara Dillon song with the fountains rising up. There's no pre-show, just a 10 minute and 5 minute announcement. When there were two performances, the announcements for the first show also noted "the park will remain open after the show so you can enjoy attractions in Frontierland, Adventureland and Discoveryland".

Auroura86

Woah, there's already rumors about it not being every night? Okay seriously do not believe everything you hear and read. The only reasons for it not to run would be very genuine reasons. And this whole after sept 30th thing, that's complete rubbish, they're still going to run it. Sure there'll be a few technical glitches here and there but that's just the way things go. It'll still run every night this year at least so long as it can
Where me keys? Where me phone?

benjylovesu2

Hey guys, I am taking my theatre group next april to perform at disney in the magic music days. Just wondering do u reckon dreams will still be on for the 21st year. I really hope so as this will be the first time i get to see it.

Many thanks

Ben xxxx The show looks amazing i well up everytime lol
Where dreams really do come true

ulak

Thank you for answer. I hope for no more reduction, but i mean for something  will be cutting in future (between seasons) :(

We will wait for a later report...
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Auroura86"Woah, there's already rumors about it not being every night? Okay seriously do not believe everything you hear and read. The only reasons for it not to run would be very genuine reasons. And this whole after sept 30th thing, that's complete rubbish, they're still going to run it. Sure there'll be a few technical glitches here and there but that's just the way things go. It'll still run every night this year at least so long as it can

Yes, but "We need to save money" and "The neighbours are complaining about the noise" ARE 'genuine' reasons!

I'm not hoping that the show will be reduced or that it won't be run every night, but am just curious that there doesn't seem to be a definite commitment/announcement. Also that no-one seems to have posted any reaction to the show since the weekend apart from a comment in the Trip Reports that it was cancelled at on Monday. So it makes me wonder a bit.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "DutchBrit"
Quote from: "Auroura86"Woah, there's already rumors about it not being every night? Okay seriously do not believe everything you hear and read. The only reasons for it not to run would be very genuine reasons. And this whole after sept 30th thing, that's complete rubbish, they're still going to run it. Sure there'll be a few technical glitches here and there but that's just the way things go. It'll still run every night this year at least so long as it can

Yes, but "We need to save money" and "The neighbours are complaining about the noise" ARE 'genuine' reasons!

I'm not hoping that the show will be reduced or that it won't be run every night, but am just curious that there doesn't seem to be a definite commitment/announcement. Also that no-one seems to have posted any reaction to the show since the weekend apart from a comment in the Trip Reports that it was cancelled at on Monday. So it makes me wonder a bit.

If they needed to save money then they shouldn't of put on a show like this, and also the fireworks are not loud enough for the neighbours to complain.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

15MagicalYears

Steve Davison said in the Q&A that the show is actually under the allowed noise level. So really there is nothing for neighbours to complain about. People are just worrying too much.

Auroura86

I've worked in a theme park, trust me, needing to save money and complaining neighbours would not be classed as genuine reasons. I mean genuine as in the projectors aren't working and such. The show is under the maximum noise level, it isn't being ran at completely stupid oclock, and on the money side of things, They know they can run this, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to advertise that it's running nightly all year. They won't cut back on anything. Like 15MagicalYears said, people are worrying too much. This is the first time Disneyland Paris has had anything like this so naturally people are going to worry. But believe me, it'll be fine, and it will run nightly all year

Auroura86

As for the trip report that said it didn't run, I have a friend that was there Monday and said it did run. I'd rather trust my friend

littlemermaid83

The only way I can see Dreams being cancelled is if its raining really badly with thunderstorms and all.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Auroura86

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The only way I can see Dreams being cancelled is if its raining really badly with thunderstorms and all.
Again, that would be a genuine reason.  I've been to WDW when Fantasmic was cancelled twice. Once because one of the projectors, and some of the fireworks didn't work, and the other time was due to a severe thunderstorm.

People are worrying and starting the rumor mill up. it's natural I guess

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Auroura86"As for the trip report that said it didn't run, I have a friend that was there Monday and said it did run. I'd rather trust my friend

There were also several people on Twitter on Monday night who tweeted pictures during the show. . .

DopeyDad

what are we like?

the show was designed around neighbours, and the need for an evening show, in order to make more money!!
and here we are convincing ourselves it can't be as good as it seems!!

Anthony

The three performances I saw at 10.30pm on the 31st and 9.30pm and 10.30pm on the 1st April were all identical.

This is the show. It's incredible. It's on every night. Just try to believe it! :mrgreen:

The only thing Steve Davison mentioned was that it would grow and evolve over time, with scenes swapped out for new ones - but not for at least a year. He wants it to stay the same for a year so everyone can see it, then they'll look at new scenes. Everything they've installed is permanent. And at any point, almost at the push of a button, they could go back to the original show, or the second or third version if they wanted to. (Katy Harris joked something like "In case we wake up the next day and think 'oh, why did we do that?!'")

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

How did it live up to your expectations Anthony? It far exceeded mine and I can't wait to see it live next month. I'm not sure I've ever seen something introduced to DLP that has had universal praise like Dreams. Just from the video footage alone it looks absolutely sensational. My 3 (almost 4) year old son was captivated for the whole video. The fact that he's bonkers about Peter Pan didn't hurt.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13