Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auroura86

Ah but Josh when this Fantasmic I was at that got cancelled, got cancelled; it was due to the fact that the storm was in the immediate area and we had to get to safety. Believe me we sat there for 2 and a half hours waiting for the storm to pass but it just wasn't going anywhere lol. The Pretzel girl's pretzels went all soggy nd floppy, a guy that worked on tower of terror who brought his girlfriend out for the show got up and made a rap up on the spot to keep people entertained, then next thing you know its get inside quick. 2 seconds after we got inside it struck somewhere. I don't know where but the flash and the bang that accompanied it felt like something had just exploded. There were still people outside too because the screams that followed it were insane. I'd like to see their rain version though lol.

As for the Little Mermaid not being in the show, thanks for that, I was looking forward to seeing her in it (im not watching til I go there). I'd have been disappointed to not see her in it as she's on the brochure front cover. So i am genuinely thankful that you've said that here :) Is there much of Mickey in it?
Where me keys? Where me phone?

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Auroura86"As for the Little Mermaid not being in the show, thanks for that, I was looking forward to seeing her in it (im not watching til I go there). I'd have been disappointed to not see her in it as she's on the brochure front cover. So i am genuinely thankful that you've said that here :) Is there much of Mickey in it?

Mickey isn't in it at all, there's a few references to him but he doesn't make an appearance.

Malin

He does appear in a bubble during the Beauty and the Beast segmat.

Josh

Quote from: "Auroura86"Ah but Josh when this Fantasmic I was at that got cancelled, got cancelled; it was due to the fact that the storm was in the immediate area and we had to get to safety. Believe me we sat there for 2 and a half hours waiting for the storm to pass but it just wasn't going anywhere lol. The Pretzel girl's pretzels went all soggy nd floppy, a guy that worked on tower of terror who brought his girlfriend out for the show got up and made a rap up on the spot to keep people entertained, then next thing you know its get inside quick. 2 seconds after we got inside it struck somewhere. I don't know where but the flash and the bang that accompanied it felt like something had just exploded. There were still people outside too because the screams that followed it were insane. I'd like to see their rain version though lol.
OH, that kind of storm. :P I can relate to that. It happened to us at Discovery Cove just after our session with the dolphins. It was "code red". Luckily, it wasn't as bad as your experience. It sounds like it was really scary! XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

disneymad1000

According to next weeks program Disney Dreams! will be performed twice on the 7th, 8th and 9th April but only once on the 10th and 11th.
//http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/ShowsAndParades.pdf
Disney Trips
2002- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne
April 2005- DLRP- (Day trip)
October 2006- WDW- Off Site
Augest 2007- DLRP- Off site
Decemeber 2007- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chanteloup)
May 2008- DLRP- Off site (Hotel Chantelop)
Augest 2009 - DLRP- Davy Crockette Ranch
Augest 2010- DLRP- Off site
July 2011- DLRP- Off site

July 2012- DLRP- Hotel Cheyenne

Patrick

Quote from: "disneymad1000"According to next weeks program Disney Dreams! will be performed twice on the 7th, 8th and 9th April but only once on the 10th and 11th.
//http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/ShowsAndParades.pdf

I suspect that is because of the 7th, 8th and 9th being Easter weekend, when the crowds will be at their highest, and the 10th and 11th are just ordinary weekdays, when crowds will have calmed down a little.  Though I have to say whether performed twice or once in a day I cannot wait to see this show, it does look fantastic, and the fact that the creative team have gone for the lesser Disney films is a fantastic attribute.  It is quite refreshing not to see the Lion King and the Little Mermaid in it, but giving way to Remy and other modern characters is brilliant.

shades

Watching it on Monday, I half expected the Aristocats to feature, that was set in France after all...

There was a stuck catherine wheel above the castle entrance at one point, otherwise the show was faultless and it blew me away...

Simba 27

I already saw many times the show on YouTube. It's really astonishing!!!!!
I was a bit worried about the projections on the castle, but I was really blown away by the majestic of this masterpiece!!
Congratulations (and thanks) to Steve Davison and to the other people that worked on it!! Finally Disneyland Paris has something to envy at the other Disneyland parks in the world.

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

byron-james

Anyone know what is happening with the rest of the theming? Are the water screens still just the bare metal?

And those smaller mist making nozzles in the moat, when exactly are they used and why? Are they used in the day ever?
Disneyland Paris - 1996
Walt Disney World - 1998
Disneyland Paris - 2011
Disneyland Paris - 2012
Disneyland - 2013?

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "byron-james"Anyone know what is happening with the rest of the theming? Are the water screens still just the bare metal?

Steve Davison said everything will be fully themed within the next couple of weeks. When programming the show they had to change the position of the water screens and so the original theming had to be scrapped and a new one is being made.

Quote from: "byron-james"And those smaller mist making nozzles in the moat, when exactly are they used and why? Are they used in the day ever?

I presume they create a haze effect, helping the lasers to be seen more clearly and to create a mysterious fog that lets light bounce off it. These things are probably more apparent in person rather than on video.

beth

Hi

I have just got back from Disneyland Paris and can say that the Disney Dreams was astonishing, it is almost unreal. The first night I watched it (3rd April), it was pouring with rain but didn't spoil it, but stood to the right of the castle so didn't have a clear view of the water film parts, however the second viewing was a dry evening and I stood with a view to the centre of the castle. It is all magical and the fireworks just give it that extra edge. My son is Autistic and he loved every second of it and my daughter who is 3 and in love with the film tangled was stunned by the show. I grew up loving Disney but even I was taken back by the show and the whole crowds were going wild and clapping throughout!!! I hope this helps.

pussinboots

There really is a Eurovision element, or perhaps, for the Americans, a Bob Hope Christmas special element to Wendy and Peter's hosting of the show, haha.
"Peter, tu as retrouvé ton ombre!"
"That's right, Wendy! The magic's back. Now..."

phantom247

Its a Great Game change but a shame their is no Merchandise to go with it!

Simba 27

Someone that watched Disney Dreams! other days beside the premiere, can please tell if during the Aladdin part of it, the Geenie sings in English or there is only the instrumental song?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Becksy

I am so excited - we are there on Thursday, on the 12th! We told our sons this morning as the culmination of their Easter Egg Hunt - the egg contained the message 'We're going to Disneyland Paris' - they are 4 and 8 and they are SO excited!
Cant wait to see Dreams for myself - I have held off watching the videos, since we are going so soon!