Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmartina

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"
Quote from: "Lorum"The Americans are asking for the show to be in the Magic Kingdom!

I'm not sure if I can see this happening, Wishes is the most spectacular and beautiful fireworks display I've ever seen and it's not all that old (compared to the 32-year-running Fantasy in the Sky fireworks display). Who knows though, we have got ourself an absolutely flawless night-time spectacular. Why wouldn't other resorts want it too  :lol: ?

dlrp had there version of wishes, it was brilliant for the time, but im glad to see that paris sets the trend again, it was also paris that came up with the idea of the christmas castle overlay..  which was exported to the other parks.. well done

seanmartina

how far we have moved on, even though wishes paris was one of my favourites, dreams is BRILLIANT

wishes  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VRFX1x ... re=related

15MagicalYears

I personally didn't like Paris' version of Wishes, probably due to the fact I saw the WDW version first which was just outstanding. But back to Dreams, I can see this being exported (though maybe not identically) it's an amazing idea bringing all aspects of previous night-time spectaculars and making the most magical of them all.

Lorum

Is it not accessible from inside?
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

seanmartina

no access internal to the top tower,

Lorum

Wow! So we'll not see the Second Star.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

littlemermaid83

Shame if we don't get to see the 2nd star, seems a bit pointless using it just for that one show.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

JelleP

I read they didn't use it because they had some troubles with it?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

seanmartina

they could not get the window mechanisim and star to appear working, just projection from nowon, i think it was meant to appear from the window behind the tower

CafeFantasia

Why don't they simply make the window spin 180? on its vertical axis? You know, have the stained glass effect on the front, and on the back have an array of bright LED lights. That would be far simpler, mechanically speaking.

seanmartina

they dont have the room behind, its solid concrete

Spacemt_uk

Pretty sure it's not solid concrete there are construction pictures around that show the tower before the windows were installed and you can see that it's hollow inside....on the highest balcony of the main tower they have even left a door open once that shows there is room in that tower

Tigerlilly

and the star was quite clearly working on the TF1 video shot a couple of days after the one shown on the official site (which also didn't have the lasers)  :?

(I'm also an architecture student, and there is no way on earth you'd make the top of the castle out of solid concrete, not a chance)
and straight on till morning.

seanmartina

the final piece of the tower where the star is is one solid piece, built on ground and craned ito place, ther is no show room, no internal access, is solid concrete upon a solid concret base.

there is a video of construction also plenty of pics online topping out the castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RGWiknDR2g

seanmartina

they are  built from solid concrete because of the harser weather in france and low temps, the other parks have fiberglass , overlay on steel frame, tower of terror in paris is also solid concrete in america steel frame with cladding.. the tower of the castle is def made from one solid block