Stitch Live!

Started by Anthony, October 07, 2006, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Finally the Stich Live logo is up! :D

Its look rather cool as well :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Riebi

Wooooooohooooooo meee at a WDS-Logo! :lol:

Looks very cool! But please a bit more background. Some light-snakes or so will be cool! Stitch looks wonderful!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Cool.  It comes very close to the concept art!

Japper

Is it just me or should they refurbish the whole disney channel building also? The yellow doesn't seem that nice anymore!

Anthony

It does come very close! But a completely different style - the placemaking has had its influence, it's not plain and modern any more. First thought was "Yuk, what are they doing?" when I first looked at it, but then I realised the illustration of Stitch is actually a very 1950s style. It reminds me of that segment of the Desperate Housewives opening or an old-fashioned comic book. Awesome.

Fingers crossed the letters look good too... and, err, they repaint the building before opening, that's a real yuk. Edit: @Japper: Yep, it's needed it for ages.

Oh but I only just realised - they added a '!' at the end of the title!! I think I hoped for that when they first announced the possible names. This stuff matters, it does. Stitch Live! :wink:

Kristof

QuoteOh but I only just realised - they added a '!' at the end of the title!! I think I hoped for that when they first announced the possible names. This stuff matters, it does. Stitch Live!

I'll update the topic title!  :wink:

RnRCj

Wow! That's looking really cool so far :) I hope the letters look just as good, or better! 8)

Anthony

DynastyGo on DCP posted this photo of the HK entrance, pour comparer...

What do you think? "Ding Ding! Round 1 to WDS"? The WDS version looks expensive compared to theirs!! I really like how it looks now.

It's actually the same Stitch drawing -- weird feet and large head included -- but the WDS version has been shaded in all '50s stylee rather than cheap animation style.

I guess we can expect a times board sometime? The same as the concept again, perhaps? Hopefully not a nasty scrolling display like CineMagique and above...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"I realised the illustration of Stitch is actually a very 1950s style.
I never thought of it like that, that's very cool :wink:

Quote from: "Baloo"What do you think? "Ding Ding! Round 1 to WDS"? The WDS version looks expensive compared to theirs!! I really like how it looks now.
Oh yeah, definitely!

Quote from: "Baloo"It's actually the same Stitch drawing -- weird feet and large head included -- but the WDS version has been shaded in all '50s stylee rather than cheap animation style.
Coincidence? :-k

Quote from: "Baloo"I guess we can expect a times board sometime? The same as the concept again, perhaps? Hopefully not a nasty scrolling display like CineMagique and above...
Perhaps they should do one like in the concept art but with both Stitch and CineMagique on it :)

britje

Is it now definately going to be March 22nd with soft opening from 8th -21st March?

I am so depressed if that is the case  :cry:  as I will be there from 3rd untill 7th March. Lets start the soft opening just one day earlier... please please?
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I\'ll take my chances with the public" - Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

That was quick:

Awesome! :wink:
Source: Scrooge on DMI

Edit: I just noticed the bit under the sign, do you think they are going to put one of those electric scrolling times signs there?

RnRCj

The letters look great - I was curious as to what they'd look like :) Much, much better than the HKDL sign :P

Soap

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Edit: I just noticed the bit under the sign, do you think they are going to put one of those electric scrolling times signs there?

Maybe show times or something like that  :?:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

From the concept art it should be the show-times overview.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Nala_84

Hey, great to see the sign already :)! I'm really curious about how the attraction will look like when it's finished!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]