Stitch Live!

Started by Anthony, October 07, 2006, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Everything is going so faaaast!!

Arno / Disneytheque.com

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Everything is going so faaaast!!

Arno / Disneytheque.com

Sorry to embarrass you Raptor, but that image was posted 2 posts ago by Whoknew? :wink:  :lol:

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS:

The antenna has changed sizes:
Before:

After:

Very interesting :-k
Source:niconico
Link

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Sorry to embarrass you Raptor, but that image was posted 2 posts ago by Whoknew? :wink:  :lol:

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS:

The antenna has changed sizes
Sorry to embarrass you Butlin Boy (hehe :P ), but the person who posted the second photo was just showing how he/she thought the satellite dish would look better if it were bigger, so they photoshopped the original.

I agree, actually. :-k It doesn't look too good as it is. Maybe if it pointed away from the building, like in the concept art?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Baloo"Sorry to embarrass you Butlin Boy (hehe :P ), but the person who posted the second photo was just showing how he/she thought the satellite dish would look better if it were bigger, so they photoshopped the original.

Well they did a convincing job of it, I'm just going to lie down in an embarrassed lump now :oops:  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Au Revoir Disney Channel:

:arrow: Disneytheque

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Au Revoir Disney Channel:

Will they get rid of Disney Channel entirely, or is it just the sign? I knew they were planning a Stitch sign like one can see on the concept art, but I do hope they will stick to the Disney Channel theme overall (and not a the bland Walt Disney Television Studios name), especially when Playhouse Disney will open in the same building next year.  :?

By the way; is the sattelite dish able to rotate? If thats the case, it would be a great addition to the theme and a great way to add synergy to this corner of the park.  :wink:

Anthony

They do seem to be sticking with Walt Disney Television Studios (I agree, not so good), but I'm sure the Disney Channel brand and theme will still be very much around.

They should rename the building to Disney Channel Studios really. With all this 1950s Hollywood themeing around, it's a shame they probably won't pay tribute to Walt's own work in television during that exact time. Davy Crockett, Zorro, the Disneyland shows... really deserves a mention here.

Doesn't look like the satellite dish can rotate.. I kinda hope it doesn't, might look a bit cheap? :?

I also wonder what will happen to the big video screen when Hollywood expands... (the one with only about 50% of its pixels working :roll: )

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"They should rename the building to Disney Channel Studios really. With all this 1950s Hollywood themeing around, it's a shame they probably won't pay tribute to Walt's own work in television during that exact time. Davy Crockett, Zorro, the Disneyland shows... really deserves a mention here.

It would be nice if they would add some sort of timeline in the queue area or inside the building (similar to One Man's Dream at the Disney-MGM Studios but instead of focusing on Walt Disney they can focus on the history of Disney and its television achievements). Like you said Baloo, from Davy Crockett, Zorro, Disneyland, Wonderful World of Disney, Mickey Mouse Club (including the present day stars it brought us like Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake etc) to modern day classics like Lizzy McGuire, Kim Possible, High School Musical. They can also focus on Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty and Lost. When I think about it, maybe Walt Disney Television Studios would fit beter then Disney Channel Studios in this case.

QuoteDoesn't look like the satellite dish can rotate.. I kinda hope it doesn't, might look a bit cheap? :?

Personally I don't think it would look cheap, but I guess thats just a matter of one's personal taste. I dont want it to rotate fast or anything, but slow and infrequently so that it might look like the sattelite dish is searching for the right frequency to get in touch with Space Traffic Control. :)

QuoteI also wonder what will happen to the big video screen when Hollywood expands... (the one with only about 50% of its pixels working :roll: )

Is it broken? Thats a bad show! I never knew that. Personally I always liked the videoscreen because it adds some movement to this corner of the park. But it might indeed look quite out of place once this corner will become Theatre District. For some reason I just hope it will stay, I can't put my finger on it why it should really. :P

Kristof

Screen is always working when I'm there.  Maybe Baloo should visit more often.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Screen is always working when I'm there.  Maybe Baloo should visit more often.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Maybe... :roll:

I never said it wasn't working, it just has dead areas.

They seem to leave it on 24hrs a day (you can see it from the hub really bright at night, so much for saving the earth, lol) which is probably why. I like it too though, the corner would be really dull without it. Maybe in the future we'll have something interesting there without needing a screen running promos?

I quite like your idea for the dish slowly "scanning" and now and then Maarten, I had must have had visions of it swirling round and round... :lol:

Riebi

Is the french name "Stitch (en) direct" ?cause of the sign
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Whoknew?

Quote from: "Riebi"Is the french name "Stitch (en) direct" ?cause of the sign

I don't know but these are the remains of the old sign. i hope the won't put to  much attention to the outer theming of stitch live, this would just be wasting money when they have to demolish it once they start to retheme this area.

Kristof

Demolish what?  :?

Riebi

Demolish the television studios and develope it into a big theme park called "Parking Lot Studios"...no I´ve confuse myself a bit...that was BEFORE the Placemaking. :lol:

I don´t think that the Television studios will change much with the theater district placemaking. They are the only building which looks cool with this fifties -television theming.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

BIG NEWS!!!

I don't need to even say anything :wink:

Source: Guigui on DCP