Stitch Live!

Started by Anthony, October 07, 2006, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"The latest Thomas Cook brochure is calling the attraction "Stitch Live" and has put a March 2008 opening for it.

March?? I thought I heard it would open in January...?  :cry:
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Kristof

QuoteI thought I heard it would open in January...?

Yes, you heard gossips and rumours.  The official date for Stitch and ToT has always been March 2008.  But there might be a soft opening in December or January.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteI thought I heard it would open in January...?
Yes, you heard gossips and rumours.  The official date for Stitch and ToT has always been March 2008.
Well, it did say January 2008 in the park map for a little while... :P

I get the March 2008 thinking though. They can still make a lot more money and visitors out of Crush and Cars before then.

Whoknew?

did any construction already started at the building? and is hollywood blvd and production courtyard not the same anymore since the concept art doesn't fit into a hollywood themed area and on the new map it also looks like hollywood blvd will be a new land at the studios, is something already official?

Anthony

No changes have been made outside (they don't plan to do much anyway - check the concept art, it's a perfectly nice building), we've got to assume something is going on inside by now...

Hollywood Boulevard discussion doesn't really belong here, but upon opening I can see it being classed as a new land, before they eventually complete the placemaking (Theater District) in the rest of Production Courtyard and the whole thing becomes Hollywood Studio. Makes sense, don't you think? :)

Whoknew?

Indeed, but to bringing this huge building into a theatre/hollywood style isn't a piece of cake, anyway.

QuoteHollywood Boulevard discussion doesn't really belong here,
i was just considering the theming of stitch's building and this is not totally out pf place  :wink:

Kristof

The big antenna on the façade will be replaced by a large satellite dish, which delivers, according to the attraction's story, the connection to outer space. This and the attraction logo should be the only major changes on the building itself.

When the Theatre District project starts around Production Courtyard Stage, the building should be covered by faux streetsets which the guests have to go through to reach the actual show building.  So the building will not be re-dressed, it will be somewhat hidden behind a Hollywood set or two.

penfold12

Apology as its slightly off topic, but it follows on from the last post, but when is the Theatre District part of the place making scheduled to start?

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the info Raptor, do you know when the theater district is planned for? :)

Kristof

I've just opened a new topic for the Theatre District placemaking here:

viewtopic.php?p=42867#42867

:wink:

The Butlin Boy

The attraction's logo is shown on a new 15th advert:

:D Simple, but i think it looks good

RnRCj

I like it :D I'd prefer it without the stars though :lol:

Anthony

At first I thought, "whoa, is that a Coca-Cola logo?", but already I love it. It's just like the logo for a tacky talkshow, don't you think? :lol:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and hoping that that's what they based it on...

I really hope they make the most of the TV show theme, it could turn out very funny.

Owain

OMG !  :o  I thought that was another Photoshopped Logo !

Sorry to all the people that like it, but seriously is that the best they can come up with.

The Butlin Boy

I know this is a little bit off topic, but have you seen this video on Youtube:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=mrRVuCKp3-k

It looks amazing! It's at innoventions at disneyland, but wouldn't it be great if this was in the post show area where cyber-space mountain used to be :)