Spectromagic to replace Fantillusion?

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2008, 05:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "Timbo"I've seen Spectromagic several times , and really liked it at the time;but when I look back at the videos of that and compare it with Fantillusion,it looks really dated ! The floats in Fantillusion are far brighter and more detailed,seems like there is more going on.But I don't like the stops in Fantillusion,they really seem to break up the flow of it and not much really goes on ,your just waiting for it to start again.I suppose it is a clever way of getting more showtime without more floats or dancers etc.Of course nothing compares to MSEP !!!

My thoughts exactly. The stops are supposed to be moments of performance, but when you eliminate all the dancers, it leaves nothing but an inflatable Ursula or a very pressured Mickey Mouse to entertain the crowds. They should either add dancers or cut the stops completely and just keep moving...

Anthony

Quote from: "Timbo"But I don't like the stops in Fantillusion,they really seem to break up the flow of it and not much really goes on ,your just waiting for it to start again.I suppose it is a clever way of getting more showtime without more floats or dancers etc.
I quite enjoy the stops in Fantillusion, particularly the Princesses with their rising turntables, but the lack of dancers between the floats has always been a bit disappointing. It seems only about 20% or less of the daytime cast return for the night parade.

One thing I truly hate are those dancers with the flourescent costumes that have to cover them up as the parade is moving. It's not bad enough that the Villains pass by with nothing inbetween - we also have useless dancers dressed in black bin bags pushing their UV lights, which everyone stares at rather than the floats.  It's a very nice effect during the parade stops, but seems a bit silly to waste valuable cast like that when they're clearly so pushed for budget already.  Same goes for the Disney VIP characters who hide inside of the Garden floats and only pop out at the parade stops. Only 5% of the audience sees them.

It's worth remembering in all this that Paris probably also has the highest labour costs of any of the resorts, right?

Riebi

I like the show stops too. The only one I didn´t like as much as the others is the ursulaaaa show stop.
But the addition of some more dancers and little units would be great!

About the labour costs I read the same. The CMs have a big labour union encouragement like everywhere in france.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Timbo"But I don't like the stops in Fantillusion,they really seem to break up the flow of it and not much really goes on...
One thing I truly hate are those dancers with the flourescent costumes that have to cover them up as the parade is moving. It's not bad enough that the Villains pass by with nothing inbetween - we also have useless dancers dressed in black bin bags pushing their UV lights, which everyone stares at rather than the floats.

I agree, the villain dancers are very distracting and seemingly pointless when they are cloaked. The costumes look very affective in UV light, i think they should permanently be lit and have a 'walk' routine before the stops, but realistically, i dont think its possible. The UV 'push units' have to be 'pushed' by someone. Yes it would be lovely to have UV lights installed on the floats or around the paths for the show stops but thats simply not possible. Likewise, when there are no stops and they villain dancers do their 'walk' routine uncloaked, they are completely invisible in the night...what a waste!

I highly doubt that Fantillusion will be replaced with an older parade, especially something as ugly and outdated as SpectroMagic. A new night time parade will most probably be invented for the parks 20th Anniversary. My opinion is that Fantillusion is perfect for Paris, its very pretty and short. The score is amazing and theres plenty to see. I have to agree with a few people that Usula MUST die!

On a lighter note, new dance unit concepts are being thought up all the time. But its just a very difficult process to implement them into the parades. Heres how it works...the dance Captains in Paris think up a new unit....they put this idea to the Managers in California or Florida...these managers have to approve the ideas before rehearsals start. Its a very laborious process and expensive to DLRP.

More dancers are proposed for when Fantillusion starts up again in the Summer, so thats good news. I even hear new floats might be added in the future. Snow Whites Queen and Aurora are very probable.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

pussinboots

Quote from: "zanderstarz"On a lighter note, new dance unit concepts are being thought up all the time. But its just a very difficult process to implement them into the parades. Heres how it works...the dance Captains in Paris think up a new unit....they put this idea to the Managers in California or Florida...these managers have to approve the ideas before rehearsals start. Its a very laborious process and expensive to DLRP.

Really. Quality control? While I appreciate the strain this puts on DLRP, I think it's a very good thing; DLRP hasn't always had the best, most Disney-like ideas (the Pink Witches! "Horny Horny Horny" on Main Street!). Heavens knows what might have been if they didn't have to report to the managers in CA and FL. Sorry if that offends anyone; I really only mean to criticize the people in charge of said examples.

QuoteMore dancers are proposed for when Fantillusion starts up again in the Summer, so thats good news. I even hear new floats might be added in the future. Snow Whites Queen and Aurora are very probable.

From your lips to ED's ears! Although about those new floats -- what exactly are we talking about here? Does TDR still have the 16 floats DLRP didn't buy? Or would DLRP actually build new floats from scratch? As far as I know, they've never built a complete float for a nighttime parade; the ones that were added to the Main Street Electrical Parade in 1998 were imports from TDL as well, I believe. But I might be mistaken.

-b-e-n-9-5-

I think that fantillusion should stay as spectromagic is good but it's a little bit boring after a while, i want the funny characters who blow the trumpets whose faces change colours to come to fantilliusion though!

Also if they havent demolised the train part from the Main Street Electrical Parade, can't they adapt that into fantillusion so like the funny characters drive it ?

what do you think of my idea?

Edit: also what about firworks n nighttime parade at same time? :D
Where Magic Lives

Tinkerbelle

... am i the only one who loves Spectromagic music? it's such a beautiful music piece!

maybe they could do a Spectromagic v.2.0 a completely updated-totally new version of the parade, and maybe dlrp would have the honour to be the first park in having it...

maybe my ideas are too crazy considering the budget problem  :mrgreen:

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Baloo"Funnily enough, on Screamscape's DCA page:

2010 - Spectromagic Parade - Rumor - (12/5/07) Screamscape has heard that the Spectromagic parade from Walt Disney World may move into California Adventure for 2010 as part of the resort's 55th Anniversary celebration.

Could this then mean a return of Main street electrical parade at Disneyland?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

pussinboots

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"... am i the only one who loves Spectromagic music? it's such a beautiful music piece!

maybe they could do a Spectromagic v.2.0 a completely updated-totally new version of the parade, and maybe dlrp would have the honour to be the first park in having it...

maybe my ideas are too crazy considering the budget problem  :mrgreen:

Nope, you've found the world's only other fan: moi. It's too bad though, judging by the majority of reactions the parade has been written off for good. I can't wait for the hugely critical Southern California fan base to sink their teeth into this once it makes its way to DCA!

Flounder

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"... am i the only one who loves Spectromagic music? it's such a beautiful music piece!
Nope, you're not the only one! I just love it and think it to be way better then Fantillusion's score. The parade itself is indeed a bit old - specially if you've seen the floats during daytime  8) Well, but I still like it more than Fantillusion ... so it seems that SpectroMagic still has some fans out there ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Timbo

I do like the music !!! Just the parade seems a bit dated !!
Love the trumpeters at the beginning also,even if they are slightly scarey !!!

britincgn

I love Spectromagic ,the music and concept especially the colour to white transformation is fantastic.It just need upgrading with brigter lights .
Fantillusion is great but its not the best Ive seen(of course nothing compares to MSEP)and dont forget depending on were you are standing the stops can be really boring and by bad weather there are no stops anyway.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Oh God No! Please don't send that old thing here. I don't mind Fantillusion going to WDW in the next few years, but if they have to get rid of it please give us a brand new, unique and better parade. One that's better than all of the Disney night parades around the world, or is that too ambitious? :wink:
I think that they will probably update this parade before they'l show it in paris. Annyway, I'd still like to see this parade, so, bring it on [-o<