Spectromagic to replace Fantillusion?

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2008, 05:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

This was just posted on Screamscape.  

QuoteI received yet another insider tip confirming that plans are in the works to bring the Parade of Dreams from Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom in 2010. On a semi-related note we've also heard a rumor discussing the possibility of sending SpectroMagic off to Paris around the same time in exchange for Fantillusion which was originally created for Tokyo Disneyland by some of the same people behind Fantasmic. Evolution wise, it was kind of the next step after SpectroMagic, while telling a similar story to Fantasmic. You can see some pictures of it at Laughing Place.

Why does WDW keep on sending their old stuff to our Parks?   But honestly, I'm not sure about this.  I haven't heard anything about Spectromagic coming to Paris, but I did hear that Walt Disney World would get Fantillusion.  At first I thought it would be complete new floats, but now I'm getting kinda scared.  :?

Alpop

Hopefully they will sort out a replacement before they take our parade.

Riebi

Never saw SpectroMagic. Is it a good parade?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "Riebi"Never seen SpectroMagic. Is it a good parade?

Floats and music are oooold.  Only positive is the amount of floats, but since it's moving to DLRP...

Riebi

Ok I had a look ad youtube. The music seems to be a bit lame. Nothing to support after hearing the fantilusion score once in your life.
And the rest a bit "old-fashioned". How OLD  :lol:  is the parade? 20 years????? :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "Riebi"Ok I had a look ad youtube. The music seems to be a bit lame. Nothing to support after hearing the fantilusion score once in your life.
And the rest a bit "old-fashioned". How OLD  :lol:  is the parade? 20 years????? :lol:

It's now 16 years old.  A run down of all the floats can be found here at Wikipedia.

Patrick

OMG NO!  This surly cannot happen, the parade looks so awful, it's not even on my things to be interested about in my upcoming wdw trip :? .  If WDW get fantillusion, can someone explain to me the point, after all the story tells the same as fantasmic, how very odd this rumour is.  Though if it does happen Paris has taken a step back into the Rasulo type decision making :o .

The Butlin Boy

Oh God No! Please don't send that old thing here. I don't mind Fantillusion going to WDW in the next few years, but if they have to get rid of it please give us a brand new, unique and better parade. One that's better than all of the Disney night parades around the world, or is that too ambitious? :wink:

Anthony

You have to remember as well that Fantillusion is basically Fantasmic on wheels, created for Tokyo because, at that time, they didn't have a lagoon for the full show (something they made sure to get with TDS). Taking it to Magic Kingdom with Fantasmic still at the Studios just down the road would be stupid. Unless what, Fantasmic is getting shipped over to DLRP now too? :roll:

I'll believe this when I see it with my own eyes, like most of the rumours on Screamscape. :P (Though I love it...)

coruscantpt

Well, when we speak of Disney sometimes the real look is different than the look on video. I saw Spectro in 2006. The parade is similar in the amount of floats to the Main Street Electrical Parade, with small floats going around in the middle of big floats. But, as Raptor said the numbers may not be the same if it gets to Paris, like it happened with fantillusion. But the details and everything is very bad when compared with fantillusion. I'll be going there in May this year so I will see it more carefully.
I agree that the Magic Kingdom needs a new parade, and that it could be called fantillusion, but it should be with new floats and leave ours in Paris.

If someone would like to see pictures I have some from 2006.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Kristof

QuoteWell, when we speak of Disney sometimes the real look is different than the look on video.

I've seen it myself several times in real life.  It's really bad.  Floats are just old.  Television screens on the sides show animations of Tinker Bell and there are these puppets on a stick, like Jiminy and Sebastian, that turn around which they call animatronics.

Soap

Oh hell NO, stay away from our Fantillusion parade!!  :evil:
They should only replace this when getting something newer or better, but not something way older and not even coming close upon quality.... :!:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

ford prefect

I think I must be the only one who rather likes Spectromagic!  I saw it in 2004 and in 2006.  I thought it was fab!

I have seen Fantillusion several times and thought it was great, but not a patch on Main Street Electrical Parade.  The stops never worked properly after the first time I saw it and the UV dancers were either absent or not dancing!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Kristof

Quote from: "ford prefect"The stops never worked properly after the first time I saw it and the UV dancers were either absent or not dancing!

When I saw Spectromagic the first time, it didn't have Chernabog in it, just Diana, but that's not the reason why I dislike that Parade.

Japper

Nooo! I really hope they don't do that! But I red somewhere that when the new watershow opened in DCA the MSEP will be shipped to florida.

I really hope so! The Fantillusion is a really cool parade and I hope that they don't replace the parade but just add some floats to it like they did with dreamlights in tokyo.

QuoteUnless what, Fantasmic is getting shipped over to DLRP now too? :roll:

Well, that wouldn't be too bad ;)