Spectromagic to replace Fantillusion?

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2008, 05:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOARIN

...and if return the electrical parade ??? :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

i love it....

it was my first parade i see it in wdw in 1990 and in 1997 in dlp and 2003 in dlp and 2008 in anaheim :D

.... return in topic.... i love fantillusion !!! i hope it remain in dlp :lol:

coruscantpt

Well I like Spectromagic also. But I think it should be repleaced. It's old now. It shouldn't repleace anything, especially fantillusion
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Anthony

Funnily enough, on Screamscape's DCA page:

2010 - Spectromagic Parade - Rumor - (12/5/07) Screamscape has heard that the Spectromagic parade from Walt Disney World may move into California Adventure for 2010 as part of the resort's 55th Anniversary celebration.

DLRP should keep Fanti for at least another five years really, getting a new nighttime parade about every 10 years like planned. Maybe Tokyo will have another discarded parade ready for us then? :P

Nala_84

I've never seen a nighttime parade at DLRP - I so hope to see Fantillusion when we're visiting during Christmas Season (is Fantillusion already confirmed for this year's Christmas Season???)...

And well, we shall get a 16 year old parade?! Can't imagine that this could be so good somehow :roll:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Javey74

Well I've never seen Spectromagic myself either, but just reading the replies has me concerned.  :shock:

How is it that we have to get everything from the States.  Can we not just once, have some very wacky Imagineers from Europe to come up with our very own state of the art parade.  :)

I can understand attractions coming from the states, since they have been tried and tested there for popularity, workability, and feasibility. Fine I agree there to a point.  :roll:

But surely we could have a set of our own Imagineers to dream up something new, to fit in with a newer park.  Not a newer park getting old gear and so taking a step back in time.  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "javey74"But surely we could have a set of our own Imagineers to dream up something new, to fit in with a newer park.  Not a newer park getting old gear and so taking a step back in time.  :(
If DLP sticks with its past rota of a new nighttime parade very 10 years (ok so they've only had 2, but that seems how they'd like it), then the 20th Anniversary would be a fine time to introduce a new one.

If they got a good budget like they did for the 15th, Paris could do something amazing. Imagine Katy Harris, Vasile Sirli, etc etc and all the team of OUADP working on a nighttime parade. :shock:

Nala you summed it up perfect...
Quote from: "Nala_84"And well, we shall get a 16 year old parade?! Can't imagine that this could be so good somehow :roll:
And didn't Euro Disney SCA have to pay the Oriental Land Co for Fantillusion? So where's the deal here, would WDW pay? :?

Javey74

Quote from: "Baloo"If they got a good budget like they did for the 15th, Paris could do something amazing. Imagine Katy Harris, Vasile Sirli, etc etc and all the team of OUADP working on a nighttime parade.

They sure could with a bit of imagination for sound and visuals alike. It's all about risks at times, but I think this one will surely pay off.   :D

:offtopic:   By the way Baloo, have you dunked that good old chocolate digestive yet.  Go on you deserve it.   :wink: :lol:

-breeno-

Do we know if it will be an exact copy from America?  Maybe we will get the same parade only a bit mordernised.  I've never seen Spectromagic so im only going by other peoples opinions.  We'll have to just see what its like when it comes.

:offtopic:  Javey you talking about chocolate digestives has made me hungry :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

@javey: Not quite, I've just been trying some really sweet Venice-style biscuits/pastries we were given for Easter and now I feel sick.  Probably not the best time to be discussing Spectromagic.  :sick: Mwahaha. :P

The parade has a nice music theme though (not better than Fanti, but still nice). I was disappointed when they added that Toon Studio loop with the instrumental and then removed it again. I think that's about as much "Spectro" as I'd like to see in DLRP.

Has anyone posted videos yet? These were filmed in HD...

[youtube:3hzksyuq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwxjS_sBuHE[/youtube:3hzksyuq]

[youtube:3hzksyuq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I2RSStXMhM[/youtube:3hzksyuq]

I'll let you make your own mind up on those...

Javey74

Quote from: "Baloo"@javey: Not quite, I've just been trying some really sweet Venice-style biscuits/pastries we were given for Easter and now I feel sick. Probably not the best time to be discussing Spectromagic.  Mwahaha.
:lol:  :lol: What a rib tickler that was  :lol:  :lol: Baloo you get funnier by the post.  :lol:  =D>
Quote from: "-breeno-"Javey you talking about chocolate digestives has made me hungry
Well Breeno, you might as well have Baloo's share since he's feeling sick.. :P

Anyway back on topic.. :-"  

Thanks for posting the Vids Baloo.  I must say the start of it just reminds me of those stalls at a fairground, selling those yellow illuminus rings you put around your neck and them battery operated light whizzer contraptions.  Another thing that sprung to mind was a dodgem ride on half power, the start floats seem to be all over the place, or may be that's the way it's supposed to be.  I don't know.  :?  It picked up a little bit with the fanfare trumpets, playing remixed snippits from 'It's a small world', 'Heigh Ho', etc  :)

Not sure about those performers on the balls, just after the fanfare trumpet float, seemed a bit loopy to me, it looked as though they were out of control, with some of them about to fall off if I didn't know any better.  :lol:

Though right after this point I started to enjoy it, the floats made more sense and I have to agree the music is probably the best of all, mixing in and out of familiar tracks.

Still worth a view in my opinion all in all. :wink:  

I'm not quite sure about the longevity of the parade over time mind  :-k

pussinboots

I can't believe what I'm reading.

SpectroMagic may be a little outdated technology-wise, but it is a fantastic, sweeping parade that harkens back to good old fashioned Disney, not to mention its superb waltz soundtrack. And at least it keeps on moving!

Fantillusion! is a slightly more flashy version of Spectro (very similar floats) with some Japanese weirdness thrown in as well as what feels like sixteen stops.

Spectro coming to Paris? I say, we should be so lucky.

Maarten

O no! Fantillusion can't leave Disneyland Park yet! Hopefully this rumour won't turn out to be true. I think it's the most stunning parade I've seen in any Disney park I've visited so far. Spectromagic doesn't even come close in my opinion, especially not the soundtrack. Besides that, those clowns freaked the hell out of me! Let's stick to our Fantasmic-on-parade... :wink:

P.S. Hey Pussinboots, nice to have you here!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Maarten"O no! Fantillusion can't leave Disneyland Park yet! Hopefully this rumour won't turn out to be true. I think it's the most stunning parade I've seen in any Disney park I've visited so far. Spectromagic doesn't even come close in my opinion, especially not the soundtrack. Besides that, those clowns freaked the hell out of me! Let's stick to our Fantasmic-on-parade... :wink:

P.S. Hey Pussinboots, nice to have you here!

Hey there hi there.

I have a feeling though that Fantillusion is nowhere as popular as with the people on this forum (Europeans, perhaps?). From what I've heard and read, especially from Americans, it appears that Fantillusion and SpectroMagic are both very unpopular. Spectro because it's old and, according to many, occasionally creepy, Fantillusion because it's sloooooow and dull.

It's the Main  Street Electrical Parade (and its 21st century Tokyo incarnation) that's popular with everyone.

Riebi

So gooood that they find a parade that the europeans like. Near Paris. France. Europe  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think the point is that it sounds a bit silly to take a 16 years old parade from WDW over the big sea. It must be a wonderful parade but now it´s just a bit shabby. So why not create simply something new. I could help! I´ve got some ideas  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Maarten

Quote from: "pussinboots"I have a feeling though that Fantillusion is nowhere as popular as with the people on this forum (Europeans, perhaps?). From what I've heard and read, especially from Americans, it appears that Fantillusion and SpectroMagic are both very unpopular. Spectro because it's old and, according to many, occasionally creepy, Fantillusion because it's sloooooow and dull.

You've got a point there, although I always had the impression that several survey's of Disneyland Resort Paris showed that Fantillusion was one of the most popular and succesful pieces of entertainment at the Resort. I can't find the survey's anywhere, so I might be wrong, but at least that is my impression. The view of many Americans about Fantillusion seem to be negative, but well, most aspects of Disneyland Resort Paris are critizised by Americans. I bet that if Fantillusion still performed at Tokyo these days, it wouldn't have had such negative reviews as you described. Ofcourse the parade contained far more floats back then, but at least the parade has a reasonable size now. By the way, I'm not the kind of person who's always positive about DLRP, but when it comes to Fantillusion, I think its unfair to label it as dull or bad... No, offense. :wink:

QuoteIt's the Main  Street Electrical Parade (and its 21st century Tokyo incarnation) that's popular with everyone.

I guess you're right. Personally I still prefer Fantillusion over the old Main Street Electrical Parade. But thats my opinion.