People who take flash photos on dark rides.

Started by king_spoon_ian, July 29, 2009, 02:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlehairmaid

Mmmm never noticed a flash over my excitement and interest in the ride really   :?  I dont need to over do the flash on my camera but my six year old ( who has already decided to be a photographer  :shock: ) has a cheaper version of mine (naturally  :wink: ) and he needs his flash..and he may even need to take a million pics haha I think If someone complained about him I would tell them to Bog Off!  :-"

Haha me saying this I bet when I go in Sep I`ll be tortured by flash`s of light in my face and "CHEEEERS!" HAHA  :?

mommy2ash

i can feel my blood boiling just thinking about this lol. on my last ride of potc on my trip in feb a huge group got in behind us and spent the whole ride very very loudly singing happy birthday in another language while taking flash pictures the whole time. it totally ruined the ride. i couldnt even hear the potc music and got off with blinded eyes and a headache. it was the first time i was really angry in disneyland
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

ChillyJilly

Im guilty aswell.  :oops:  The photos i took though were terrible. I no longer take photos on rides. I also hate it when people take videos on rides, espially when a cast member tells them to stop filming but once the castmember leaves they just carry on filming again.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "littlehairmaid"Haha me saying this I bet when I go in Sep I`ll be tortured by flash`s of light in my face and "CHEEEERS!" HAHA  :?

When are you going in September. I'll have to get my camera ready. :P

Vegitabeta

I had a girl in front of me on POTC once and she was taking photos with flash non-stop.  I could also see the screen of her camera the hole way thru the ride, gahh!

Willow

I think just some common-sense is required.

I mainly record videos instead of taking pictures, I will never use a video light and use the viewfinder instead of the screen.
Also, I only ever record on attractions which allow video taping.

With photographs I do not see a problem with the Fantasyland dark-rides (e.g. Peter Pan) As the flash will only disturb yourselves and not lots of boats (e.g. on Pirates/IASW)

Barnsey313

Yeh I do the same. I saw most of disneyland through a viewfinder last year and have vouched not to do the same this summer - just taking a few essential shots.
 I hate flash photography in general *shudders with the thought of the histogram reading* when it's direct and especially on rides As it reveals details which are supposed to be hidden. It makes me fairly angry and I bet the dragon under the castle agrees.

littlehairmaid

HAHA Petes Dragon! :D  am going on the 16th so get your big flash bulb on the ready  :D/

Tinkerbelle

I agree that the LCD screen of video cameras and photo cameras can be disturbing just as any flash. But I think disney will never be able to make guests turn their LCD screens off. My brand new point and shoot camera doesn't even have an optical viewfinder.
But disney should get more serious when asking guests not to take flash photos.

On Saturday we went on Cinemagique and there was the host girl starting her speech at the beginning of the show, and she first said in French that no flash photography was allowed. She hadn't finished the sentence when there was a flash straight on her face. Some of us started laughing at the situation but I then was mad at the guy who took the picture and was sitting near me. I turned to him to give him a very angry stare :P Thankfully there was no flash photography until the end of the show, in the "gone with the wind-kissing" segment some people decided to ignore the flash ban.

for those of you who have been at disney US parks, what is it like these days? I remember in 1995, 1996 and 2000 being told all the time (by signs and CMs) not to even dare to take my flash camera out :P
It does spoil it all for many attractions!

This year I took non flash pics of IASW and they turned out quite good (considering that I didn't know how to change the settings of my new camera). The Peter Pan ones turned out terrible though.
As for the fireworks and some pics as castle at night... I can't take a picture at nighttime without the flash. it has a motion detector and the slightest movement (even the pulse in your hand) makes the picture all blurry. so i have to use the flash even if i don't intend to illuminate the area or the subject of the picture.
so... this year all of the fireworks pictures have lots of well illuminated heads on them. i'll have a hard work using photoshop to darken them
maybe i should buy a dslr camera and stay away from the point and shoot ones?

emweaver

TBH i dont mind flash photos on dark rides but then again weve always gone on a boat / carriage etc of our own due to how many of us there were. i am one of the guilty ones though altho for some reason get embarassed taking flash photos in dark rides

TR_Wolf

Flash photos in dark rides just make me laugh... they aren't going to see anything for the most part unless they have some super whiz-bang camera. Its the same people who tend to take photos of the fireworks  :lol:

Some people video fireworks too... how dull would that be to anyone else who has to watch the vid? And if its you watching, its not quite going to be the same as being there!

As for It's A Small World, in all the other versions in the world, it has a lovely black ceiling and walls, making it definitely a dark ride, with the set pieces standing out... I've always hated that DLP's is WHITE... it shows all the speakers and air con and everything, it spoils it! :(

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

Annet

I did photograph the fireworks, without flash:

I also videotaped it, for myself, and I actually do enjoy looking back at it.

kiki_304

The new clubhouse asks beforehand not to use the flash. They are nice enough to let you use camera's and videos so long as there is no flash.  Some ppl just carry on regardless and the CM's did tend to go up and remind then!

Here's an example pic taken with no flash. And we only took pics to put in my kids scrapbooks as they love the clubhouse soooo much.

I think these pics are just fine and no flash was needed to spoil the experience.