Is it time for another park?

Started by Mickey1, July 18, 2009, 01:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Willow"Personally, I'd love the third gate to be a "Europe-cot", instead of "World Showcase" it would be Europe Showcase. Can't see that happened though!
I actually think a world-showcase would be better. It'd be more interesting for guests since they wouldn't have been to most of the countries. Europeans seeing European countries could be a little boring. It'd be like putting an English-themed park in.... England! :wink:

Or a California themed park in California :wink:  :P

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Willow"Personally, I'd love the third gate to be a "Europe-cot", instead of "World Showcase" it would be Europe Showcase. Can't see that happened though!
I actually think a world-showcase would be better. It'd be more interesting for guests since they wouldn't have been to most of the countries. Europeans seeing European countries could be a little boring. It'd be like putting an English-themed park in.... England! :wink:

Or a California themed park in California :wink:  :P
Exactly! What a crappy idea that would be! :lol:

Ah...

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "seanmartina"I think there was time scales put in place by the french goverment on the land, that certain milestones have to be reached in a timeframe, thats why studios was rushed, it had to have the second gate open within 10 years or they lose the land, i am not to sure waht time scale they have in place for a 3rd gate, but eurodisney corp have to have the land used, or it goes back to goverment hands.. correct me if im wrong but the moderators on here know more

My understanding (and this is probably not entirely correct) was that as part of the original terms with the French Govenment EDL had a deadline of 2017 to:

Open a 3rd Gate

Increase Hotel rooms to something like 18,200.   This figure currently stands (I believe) at around 5,800.   What I'm unclear of is whether the 18,200 has to be under EDL's control, or whether it's just a case of having attracted that number of available rooms to the area.

As far as I know these contract terms are still 'in play', so something's got to happen in the very near future - although I would suspect it would be more to do with a contract renegoiation than cranes moving in.

I doing this from memory, and the information is based on various internet sources, so I'd be the 1st to suggest that it's possible that is not entirely (at all) correct.

Regards

Iain

TheDavidMolyneux

I read this off the Disney and More blog and I found this quite interesting.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/ ... uture.html

I really hope that this does work out for a third theme park, sounds good if true, especially how the plan is to expand the WDS first.
Walt Disney World - 2008.
Disneyland Paris - 2008.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

RnRCj

^you beat me to it! :wink: It's also interesting how he mentions a water park, as well as Soarin' over the World.

TheDavidMolyneux

Yeah, definitely.
I completely forgot to look at that part I was to busy looking at the third park expansion,  :lol: .
But I think if all of this does happen to Disneyland Paris in the long term future I think that this would sound a lot more exciting than developments to other Walt Disney Parks.
I hope the third park will be a unique one of a kind to Disneyland Paris also.
Disneyland Paris - 2008.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Willow

Based on that timetable I think around the 30th anniversary will be the right time for a new park.

But thats a long time away, and imo thats a good thing.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Willow"Based on that timetable I think around the 30th anniversary will be the right time for a new park.

But thats a long time away, and imo thats a good thing.

You'd be surprised how quick it goes. DLP seems like a relatively new resort to me, and WDSP is a baby (and they have been open 17 and 7 years respectively).
since 2001 (many before that)

Nicholas-c

3rd park... no. No. No!

Why create a 3rd park taking business away from the current 2?
Why create a 3rd park when WDS isn't finished?
Why create a 3rd park when DLP cannot maintain the main park properly? (ok, recently they are fixing things...)
Why create a 3rd park when the current 2 aren't pulling enough guests in?

The space is there but i can think of other things to use it for
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "TR_Wolf"I meant the other Disney Parks.

If you're talking about the top/most popular theme parks in the World, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris beat:

- Tokyo DisneySea
- Epcot
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Disney's California Adventure
- Hong Kong Disneyland

Are these the "other Disney Parks" you meant? Yes, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris has higher attendance than 3 out of the 4 parks at Walt Disney World! So I think it qualifies as a success.

davewasbaloo

Absolutely Alan, DLP is the most highly visitor attraction in all of Europe, beating the Eiffel Tower, Lovre, Colliseum, Sagradia Familia, Tower of London and so many more.

More guests visit DLP in 3 months than Alton Towers attracts in a year (ok, AT isn't open all year long, but still)
since 2001 (many before that)

RnRCj

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"3rd park... no. No. No!

Why create a 3rd park when DLP cannot maintain the main park properly? (ok, recently they are fixing things...)

Remember that we're talking about 2020-2022 here. WDS will have loads of time to expand into a full park before then. I can see what you mean though... the article mentions Soarin', Star Tours 2, a WDS expansion, a Disney Village expansion, a water park, and a third theme park - all before 2022. It sounds a bit like the ambitious plans they had for EuroDisney back in 1992, which never really materialized. :roll:

TheDavidMolyneux

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"3rd park... no. No. No!

Like it says in the article, WDI is already planning on making WDS a full day park before a new third park comes into play. I know this isn't equal enough to a full day but you could have Soarin' Over The World, then you have the Toy Story Playland and then you also have the new Ratatouille huge ride planned for 2012. Then you also have a night show to be added to WDS apparently also. I think that if the expansion of the park with all of the above included would make the park a lot better and make it a day.

I think in 10 years time if nothing gets in the way such as the Recession or the Economy, I think it will definitely be time for a third theme park.

I also thought that Disneyland Park was pulling enough people in because it's very high up on the most attended theme parks in the world for 2008.

Then you have all the other expansions on top of the third theme park, I think it would work quite well in 10 years time. I don't think at this moment in time you could really say about it pulling business away from the other two because in 10 years time you could have completely different numbers for the amount of people visiting Disneyland Paris which could equally get more business.

I agree with the previous post though this could be like previous where this could all be a lot of rumours and hype for Disney which may not happen which is bad that we have to think that way.
Disneyland Paris - 2008.

luke85

I think the idea of another park is so exciting, and a 2020-2022 date seems to be sensible. Once they get WDS sorted out, and I have faith that they will, then I think the resort would be ready for a 3rd gate.

I would like the new park to have one thing that WDS lacks: water. Not necessarily a water park, but just lakes and ponds like Disneyland Paris has, it really gives life to the park and I think that it should be included when the new park is imagineered.

I would also love for some lakes/ponds to be put into WDS for future expansions.

MagicStar

I don´t count on getting a third park the next 10-15 years. And I wouldn´t approve it.
First of all - DLP never had the financial strongness to make new things. They didn´t built HTH because they had the money. No. It was this famouse 200 Million Euro Deal!!!

Anf then look at Anaheim & Tokyo. Why should DLP get a third park before them?
Compare TDS with our Studios. And compare  all the things they are building at DCA at the moment with our studios. We are years and years behind these parks. And to have the money and quality tu built a new park we will and should wait a long time!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]