People who take flash photos on dark rides.

Started by king_spoon_ian, July 29, 2009, 02:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

i like taking my own videos and pic's when i go on holiday, its a personal reminder of your holiday and the good time you had!

Yes sometime's flash can be annoying but everyone dose it, im used to it, i sometimes use a flash unless i know that the flash would not be effective then I would not use the flash
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

littlemermaid83

It bugs the hell out of me.  :twisted:  :evil:

I don't want to ride POC and have the ride lit up for me every 2 seconds by someones annoying flash. The theme of the ride is meant to be dark.  

I have taken a few pics on IASW but without a flash as i dont want to look like a inconsiderate fool and spoil the ride for others.

Maybe im blind but im sure 99% of rides state no flash photography or am i seeing things?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DLP-Photos.com

I love to ahve some photos from the rides (for instance It's a small world), BUT I never use flash - for the sake of the photos, my own experience and most of all for the others' experience.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

bigrossco

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"It bugs the hell out of me.  :twisted:  :evil:

I don't want to ride POC and have the ride lit up for me every 2 seconds by someones annoying flash. The theme of the ride is meant to be dark.  

I have taken a few pics on IASW but without a flash as i dont want to look like a inconsiderate fool and spoil the ride for others.

Maybe im blind but im sure 99% of rides state no flash photography or am i seeing things?

I managed to take quite a few pictures when in DLP without a flash and they turn out fine.

and yes there is signs to advise of this

BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Annet

Flash photo's look awfull!
I do make pictures on rides sometimes, but only without flash.

It's just as annoying on rides as when I'm visiting the theatre and people are taking flash photo's all show long, even if the performer asks them not to.

littlemermaid83

I agree Annet, I don't ever use a flash if im in a dark ride (chances are i wont even take a photo) or a show.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Pete's Dragon

Here's a photo I took without a flash

But along the way the ride broke down and stopped for a good 2mins, so

Then it broke again

And I wasn't the only one. Never saw any flashs going off whilst the ride was moving, only when we came to a shuddering halt.

But if don't want to say OMG !!! then dont open the spoliers below. Look on the bright side, I didn't use a flash  8)

[spoiler:3hvsf96v][/spoiler:3hvsf96v]

[spoiler:3hvsf96v]I am gonna burn in Hell, aren't I?[/spoiler:3hvsf96v]

-breeno-

OMG PD you didn't! :shock:  :o    Yes, you are going to burn in hell now, good photos though ;) :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

littlemermaid83

I don't have a problem with people taking photos without a flash.

Pete's Dragon they are great pics, the Peter Pan ones are good esp as you used no flash  :P

king_spoon_ian

QuoteI love to ahve some photos from the rides (for instance It's a small world), BUT I never use flash - for the sake of the photos, my own experience and most of all for the others' experience.

8) If only everyone else was like you  :)

QuoteI have taken a few pics on IASW but without a flash as i dont want to look like a inconsiderate fool and spoil the ride for others.

Exactly this. You don't necessarily need a flash to make the picture work, and if you do, I guess you shouldn't be taking pictures of a dark ride! I have loads of pictures from disney, both on and off ride, but the ones on dark rides are always taken when the ride breaks down, sans flash. That way I get the lighting too.

QuoteYes sometime's flash can be annoying but everyone dose it,

That's hardly an excuse. Get out!  :P

QuoteThing is there is nothing asking people not to in DLRP.

This is the most important point made so far. This seriously impacts people's enjoyment of the rides, as not only is it a little bit blinding, but when you've got five people flashing away (with their cameras) every few seconds, it basically means you can't enjoy the ride as it was intended. The lighting goes, the models are exposed as being tatty (nothing some good lighting couldn't hide), and you're left with a vague purply after-image floating around your vision for the next few hours.

There really, really needs to be something in place to stop people doing this. But the problem is, I don't know what.

Case in point (I can feel my blood boiling now) - Animagique.

ARGH!

They say in three languages not to take flash photos. At the start of the show, they say "don't take flash photos", and even give a reason for it! Then, no sooner have the letters danced out of the way, than the flashes start. In recent years, they've even started positioning CMs at the back, ready to leap on anyone who even has a camera on, but really, should they have to? Why can people not take no for an answer?

It's especially stupid when you see certain human's sheep like nature at its finest. One gets their camera out, gets told off by the CM, and embarrassed with a torch. No sooner have they put it away, that someone else in the auditorium gets theirs out! It's like they see it happening, and think "Hey, that's a good idea. Oh, but he got caught. He he, what an idiot. I won't let that happen to me!". Then the CM points the torch in their face. Repeat ad infinitum.

Without the lighting, that photo just makes Peter Pan look like a glorified Blue Peter creation. If you look close enough, you can almost see the sticky back plastic and paper maché...

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I don't have a problem with people taking photos without a flash.

Pete's Dragon they are great pics, the Peter Pan ones are good esp as you used no flash  :P

I DID you a flash. And Pan, talking about Blue Peter....if you look at the one of Hook and Pan, you can see a large black speaker in the corner. Does spoil the magic of it, dont ya think.

CafeFantasia

People that take flash photos on dark rides annoy me, yes.

But what annoys me even more is that, despite the number of people taking the time to take flash photos, all their photos come out looking like cr*p. Most of the time they'll have an object in the foreground illuminated bright white, and everything behind it in the distance will be jet black. Not good photography. There's a lot of effort that goes into taking bad photos.

How many people have you seen taking photos of the castle at night, with their flash on? Personally, I've seen thousands. Do these people really expect the little flash light on their tiny little camera to illuminate a huge building 30-50 metres away?!?!? They're either very stupid or posses amazing technology that doesn't yet exist.

To really capture the theatrical lighting of a ride, you want to take a photo WITHOUT using your flash. Only problem is, the dark rides are so dark that only cameras with High ISO modes can do them justice. The solution is to either buy a new compact camera with a High ISO mode, or better yet, get a DSLR which will have a large sensor.

Timbo

There is no hope for you now Pete's Dragon !!!!!   :wink:
The Peter Pan photos prove a good point , great "magical " image on the shot without the flash and the flash pics just ruin the whole effect !! And not the memory of the ride that you wanted ,I'm sure !

littlemermaid83

IASW without a flash....shows you dont need a flash in this ride to get a decent photo.

Nicholas-c

i try and avoid flash where possible but i have done it on pirates before now :P

Sadly 99% of camera owners don't know how to turn flash off, A ride like ISAW doesn't need flash but compacts will think they do
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone