New attractions paid by TWDC??

Started by Kristof, December 30, 2007, 07:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yesitsme

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "RnRCj"It was also one of my favourite attractions! :lol: It was a simple ride but it was absolutely brilliant - One of the best "simulator" type rides I've been on. It really did feel like like you were flying! I can't understand why so many people don't like it. :?

Agreed, I think Soarin' is really the best attraction Disney has created in the last 10 years.  I have been on DCA's about 7 times, and Epcot's 4, and I cannot wait to ride it again at DCA in March.  But I never get the Europeans' taste in park attractions.  As much as I like coasters, I can honestly say, I hope Disney never builds another coaster at Marne Le Vallee.

Soarin' is far more important to me than Crush, RNRC, BTMRR, SM or IJTDP.  Others find it boaring.  But what do I know, I totally miss Le Visionarium - another genious attraction that was not popular.  Then again the rubes queue for HISTA, and that's aweful.

I completely agree with all of you. Soarin' is an amazing attraction in my humble opinion. And I agree with Dave's comment about the amount of coasters at Disneyland Resort Paris aswell. It's time for an attraction at the Studios that can be enjoyed by all ages... even te latest additions don't provide that.  :|

So basically you want the Studios to take another step backwards and add a ride with no theming? Is that not the worst thing they could possibly do?!?!? I think the technology behind Soarin' is great and if we were talking about a highly themed version based on one or more live action films I might be interested but for the money this attraction costs it's a complete rip off.

Does anyone really think people will travel from all over europe to ride Soarin' like they would TOT or Space Mountain?

I agree whole heartedly that we need rides that everyone can go on but Soarin in it's current state is very Bland, is that really the best Disney can do after masterpieces like Phantom Mannor, POTC and IAJA?

Anthony

Just wondering, what are the costs of a Splash Mountain compared to a new Indy Adventure?

I'd imagine the EMV technology for Indy is very expensive, but all the heavy construction for the water channels of Splash must be pretty costly too. :?

experiment627

Quote from: "Yesitsme"So basically you want the Studios to take another step backwards and add a ride with no theming? Is that not the worst thing they could possibly do?!?!? I think the technology behind Soarin' is great and if we were talking about a highly themed version based on one or more live action films I might be interested but for the money this attraction costs it's a complete rip off.

Does anyone really think people will travel from all over europe to ride Soarin' like they would TOT or Space Mountain?

Why do you think it would be without any appropriate theming?
And no, I don't think people would travel from all over Europe to ride Soarin' - just like they don't travel from all over Europe to see Cinémagique or Moteurs... Action or to ride attractions like Phantom Manor or Pirates of the Caribbean... but just like those, I really believe that Soarin would be an attraction people would rave about to friends and family after a visit to Disney...

Maarten

Quote from: "Yesitsme"So basically you want the Studios to take another step backwards and add a ride with no theming? Is that not the worst thing they could possibly do?!?!?

To me Crush's Coaster with its unimaginative coaster section in the dark is already the step backwards you refered to. To me Soarin' is an amazing attraction with a wonderful theme, score and film. Was the Visionarium theatre themed anyway? No one ever complained about that either.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Yesitsme"So basically you want the Studios to take another step backwards and add a ride with no theming? Is that not the worst thing they could possibly do?!?!?

To me Crush's Coaster with its unimaginative coaster section in the dark is already the step backwards you refered to. To me Soarin' is an amazing attraction with a wonderful theme, score and film. Was the Visionarium theatre themed anyway? No one ever complained about that either.

I have always liked you Maarten, and posts like above remind me why.  Crush and Cars, while a lot of fun, I would never call them highly themed.  They are fun fair attractions like at a Carnival.  Soarin' is unique!
since 2001 (many before that)

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I have always liked you Maarten, and posts like above remind me why.  Crush and Cars, while a lot of fun, I would never call them highly themed.  They are fun fair attractions like at a Carnival.  Soarin' is unique!

I dont no about crush, but what ive see of cars its looks very highley themed.  :?

RnRCj

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I have always liked you Maarten, and posts like above remind me why.  Crush and Cars, while a lot of fun, I would never call them highly themed.  They are fun fair attractions like at a Carnival.  Soarin' is unique!

I dont no about crush, but what ive see of cars its looks very highley themed.  :?

Yes, I'd say Cars is very well themed as well. :? I think Crush is themed quite well, but in the coaster section theming is pretty much non-existent. :roll:

Haz

I don't understand where some people are going here the toon studios are themed very well. The attractions themselves too are themed well,the coaster part is a coaster part. Have you seen EE at animal kingdom, theming is out of this world,$100 millon, but the coaster ride goes 55 miles per hour, somebody please explain how you theme a ride that goes 55 miles per hour.

Spalsh mountain should not be built because of the weather, we are used to this weather and still go on flume rides that did not have the investment that would go into such a ride.This is disney remember.

Soarin in a step backwards, i could not comment on that one i would get banned.

The list that Raptor wrote is out of this world, i cannot understand why people are making negative statements
All the Best,

Haz

Kristof

Ok everyone, let's leave the already existing attractions for what they are, and lets get back to the brainstorming for new attractions funded by The Walt Disney Co.  :D

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"Ok everyone, let's leave the already existing attractions for what they are, and lets get back to the brainstorming for new attractions funded by The Walt Disney Co.  :D
Maybe if spalsh didnt come they could brain storm up a river rapid ride like girzzly river run in DCA or Kali River Rapids in AK ?

Anthony

I don't like river rapids, they're almost always disappointing when you ride them. And too wet. A few years back lots of people wanted a kind of highly-themed water coaster for the spot.

About the Beauty and the Beast animatronic show for Fantasyland: I've always wondered how they'd fit such a huge building on what looks like a tiny backstage space... Is it really ever going to be used for future development?

lil-shawn

i don´t like river rapids too, they´re not just dissapointing they´re boring too and for winter month in europe to wet.

i don´t understand whats so wrong in soarin i like it is something diferent and i think a lot of visitors will like these attraction, i don´t wanna say it have to come but im happy about every new attraction disney will built and when it is a copy then it is nobody can change it!!!

andrewuk

If you have a look on Google Earth, there is quite a lot of space in the gap between Cinemagique and the TV studios, and then if you look behind the fence there is a large amount of land before you get to the railway line. I don't know if this is enough for Soarin' or not but it looks like it could be.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Yesitsme

Quote from: "Baloo"Just wondering, what are the costs of a Splash Mountain compared to a new Indy Adventure?

I'd imagine the EMV technology for Indy is very expensive, but all the heavy construction for the water channels of Splash must be pretty costly too. :?

I think they are roughly the same price. I have heard people talk about 200 million for IAJA (dollars) but that would only work out to between 100 and 150 million euros which would make it cheaper than TOT,

Yesitsme

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Yesitsme"So basically you want the Studios to take another step backwards and add a ride with no theming? Is that not the worst thing they could possibly do?!?!? I think the technology behind Soarin' is great and if we were talking about a highly themed version based on one or more live action films I might be interested but for the money this attraction costs it's a complete rip off.

Why do you think it would be without any appropriate theming?

What makes you think it would? IF it had a strong theme I would be more than happy for them to build it but I honestly believe that if they build Soarin' it will be a direct clone with no theming,

Quote from: "experiment627"And no, I don't think people would travel from all over Europe to ride Soarin' - just like they don't travel from all over Europe to see Cinémagique or Moteurs... Action or to ride attractions like Phantom Manor or Pirates of the Caribbean... but just like those, I really believe that Soarin would be an attraction people would rave about to friends and family after a visit to Disney...

Surely an E-Ticket needs to draw people from all over Europe to be worth the money???

I don't think you can count PM and POTC in the same comment you just made. They are not attractions which have opened after the park was built in order to bring in more guests, they are part of what people 'expect' from a Disney theme park so in a way people DO travel from all over Europe to see them.

Also to the people who have commented on Crush and Cars...They are D ticket attractions and as D Ticket attractions I think they are great, and with the increase in attendance levels I think they have proven that they are a draw for visitors.

Soarin is classed as an E-ticket ride (it certainly has the budget of one) that means when we compare it to see if we are getting value for money we need to compare it to rides like Splash Mountain, TOT, IAJA, Space Mountain and Everest not D and C tickets like Crush, Cinemagique etc

Finally...It's not my intention to upset anyone with my comments (infact I find it rather interesting to hear why other people think what they do) so please don't take my opinions in the wrong way :)

P.S. Soarin' is rubbish! ;)