New attractions paid by TWDC??

Started by Kristof, December 30, 2007, 07:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Some more news from MiceChat member Soundtracker who had a chat with La Rouquine:

QuoteBut, since it's all out in the open now anyway, I might as well tell you that I was chatting to him this morning, and he said that we should expect DLRP managers to make an official announcement about funding from the Walt Disney Company sometime between now and May/June.

There is a provisional four year plan (entirely dependent on how much money - if any - is awarded) that would see a raft of new attractions built between now and 2012, as well as a major overhaul of Adventureland. I won't say any more than that, as I'm sworn to (relative) secrecy. Suffice to say that each park would receive a new E-ticket, and the one in the works for the Disneyland Park sounds very intriguing indeed.

As always, however, take this news with a large pinch of salt. None of it is set in stone, and everything could change at a moment's notice!

If its true, this might become very, very interesting if not already. One E-ticket attraction per park, so my bet is:

-Soarin' for the Studios (at least I hope so since I'm truly a fan of this attraction haha)
-Indiana Jones Adventure for Disneyland Park (remember that the Adventureland upgrade can contain the addition of Jack Sparrow to Pirates, Pirates Lair from Disneyland at Adventure Isle which seems like a natural fit, Raging Spirits overlay for the current Indy coaster since two attractions featuring the Indiana Jones name seems quite unlikely to me; many confused guests etc. I think there is many potential in the Adventureland update, especially since this area of the park seems in need of some attention.)

On the other hand, I can also see them adding Star Tours 2 in a few years, Phantom Manor updates or a Pooh darkride. Everyone seems to be guessing, and just a few seem to be really in the know. In the meantime, I think that Indiana Jones Adventure and Soarin' are both safe bets.  =D>

-breeno-

Hmm very interesting, i really hope this is true [-o<

An E-ticket in both parks, brilliant!  I hope soarin' is one although i've never been on the american ones.  I know it's just a rumour but i'd we'll know in may/june what truth is in this, can't wait :D

Maarten - you guessed that a Phantom Manor update could be a possibility, just wondering are you guessing this or is there a rumour about an update.  What would the update have?  In my opinion PM doesn't need an update, a refub to fix stuff that's broken and change the strechroom voice back to Vincent Price yes.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Maarten

Quote from: "-breeno-"Maarten - you guessed that a Phantom Manor update could be a possibility, just wondering are you guessing this or is there a rumour about an update.  What would the update have?  In my opinion PM doesn't need an update, a refub to fix stuff that's broken and change the strechroom voice back to Vincent Price yes.

There is no rumour about an update for Phantom Manor as far as I know. But the Haunted Mansions in Orlando and Anaheim both received an update, while in the meantime the Mansion in Tokyo was rumoured to receive an update aswell. These updates are just small; new lightning, changing the current glass ball of Madame Leota into a soaring glass ball, adding projections of an evil bride (well, thematically this wouldnt make any sense in Paris so they could skip that for example). They did add a brandnew scene with moving staircases in Orlando however, but I guess they wouldnt add that particular scene since it costs to much while adding just little to the storyline of Phantom Manor.

But I meant just a few touches to bring Phantom Manor into the 21st century with some new techniques... like the other Mansions. In the States these updates where a succes and I think our Manor can also benefit from this. :)

-breeno-

Ah right thanks for explaining Maarten, i was a little confused, i thought you meant to change all of PM and modernise it which would make it lose it's great story :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Owain

Well good news :), accept im guessing Splash is out of the picture again but im sure it will come  some time in the future.
Id love for indy adventure to come and adventure land updates  :)

Kristof

I think they're going for Splash Mountain.  DLRP is already very popular in the winter months with Halloween and Christmas, but attendance was dropping the past few years (except 2007's of course) during the summer seasons, which can be very hot and there's no water ride in sight, unless you go to Parc Asterix.  A water ride wouldn't hurt, and I'm convinced Imagineers can work out most of the wetness during colder months.   :)

Yesitsme

Boarin' I mean Soarin would be a disaster IMO. It's a hugely expensive attraction with no real theme and with rubbish re-rideability. I personally hope that the soarin plans never make it off the drawing board.

I think we might actually receive some original attractions as well as a few copys. The reason I say this is that the top guys in the Disney company have stated that they don't want to roll out clones in all the parks, they want each park to have different attractions or different versions of them.

Heres what could be possible:
Splash Mountain
if we do get splash it will be a different version themed to either the jungle book or pirates of the carribean (yes I know we have a POTC ride already but we also have an Indiana Jones ride but that didn't stop DLRP designing IAJA to sit next to it. Also Hong Kong disneyland was due to get a POTC ride which was a hybrid of the current ride and splash mountain so most of the imagineering could already have been done)
IAJA
I personally think the best ride DLRP could choose would be IAJA, it's a year round attraction and public interest will be renewed after the new film in the summer.
The little mermaid
I'd say if we do get this it may be the version which was originally planned years ago and not the version going into DCA
Beauty and the Beast animatronic show
If Disney are preparing to dust off plans for the little mermaid why wouldn't they consider this show as well? originally this was to have an animatronic 'beast' and 'staff' mixed with real actors and set in a highly themed castle. Maybe this could happen? Or maybe it could somehow come to life as a Ratatouille concept as someone else mentioned?
Monsters Inc/Toy story Mania
Both these rides are sure to be a hit and while I would prefer Monsters Inc, Toy Story 3 due out in 2010 so it would be a perfect fit for the studios at the same time (plus we could get a Toy Story pizza planet restaurant!)
Narnia show/ride
I'm really suprised that a show/ride hasn't been built for this yet as it's set to be Disneys next big franchise. It would also be a good 'live action' addition to the studios instead of just adding animation related attractions.
Something none of us have thought of?
It really wouldn't suprise me if Disney pull something out of their hats which we are not expecting.

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"I think they're going for Splash Mountain.  DLRP is already very popular in the winter months with Halloween and Christmas, but attendance was dropping the past few years (except 2007's of course) during the summer seasons, which can be very hot and there's no water ride in sight, unless you go to Parc Asterix.  A water ride wouldn't hurt, and I'm convinced Imagineers can work out most of the wetness during colder months.   :)

WOOOOOHOOOOO ! My faveourite ride might be coming to the best Disney resort  :D

Thanks raptor  =D>

All i will do now is pray ! [-o<

ightenhill

I have said it before and agree with the previous post.. Soarin is one of the dullest rides to ever come out of the Imagineers brain.. It has zero re ridability and is the ultimate bad loader q generator. Its one quality, which is why it atrracts such huge numbers, is that its a major hyped ride thats suitable for  everyone, all ages etc.. Now if they could just think of meeting that goal with an interesting ride instead of one that cures insomnia on the second ride they would be getting somewhere.

Im really hoping for something new and possibly another show venue style attraction.

If we do have to lumbered with a wet ride in a cold season  park lets hope its something new and not just a transplant of the ageing Splash mountain.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

experiment627

Honestly, I'm surprised at the negativity towards "Soarin" - in 2006, it was definitely my favourite attraction at Epcot ... which I rode several times without getting bored...

Boarding is an issue, but considering the lower attendance levels at the Studios wouldn't pose that much of a problem... (It wouldn't hurt having another ride at this park where you'd actually have to queue a bit...)

penfold12

Im with most of the other guys on this one. Its not the most inspiring of attractions. Really low on themeing, which is not what we need in the studios, and with no real draw to make me want to ride it again. I hope that it does not make it to DLRP

ightenhill

re the little mermaid

This looks very like Epcots Nemo ride
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

RnRCj

Quote from: "experiment627"Honestly, I'm surprised at the negativity towards "Soarin" - in 2006, it was definitely my favourite attraction at Epcot ... which I rode several times without getting bored...

It was also one of my favourite attractions! :lol: It was a simple ride but it was absolutely brilliant - One of the best "simulator" type rides I've been on. It really did feel like like you were flying! I can't understand why so many people don't like it. :?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "experiment627"Honestly, I'm surprised at the negativity towards "Soarin" - in 2006, it was definitely my favourite attraction at Epcot ... which I rode several times without getting bored...

It was also one of my favourite attractions! :lol: It was a simple ride but it was absolutely brilliant - One of the best "simulator" type rides I've been on. It really did feel like like you were flying! I can't understand why so many people don't like it. :?

Agreed, I think Soarin' is really the best attraction Disney has created in the last 10 years.  I have been on DCA's about 7 times, and Epcot's 4, and I cannot wait to ride it again at DCA in March.  But I never get the Europeans' taste in park attractions.  As much as I like coasters, I can honestly say, I hope Disney never builds another coaster at Marne Le Vallee.

Soarin' is far more important to me than Crush, RNRC, BTMRR, SM or IJTDP.  Others find it boaring.  But what do I know, I totally miss Le Visionarium - another genious attraction that was not popular.  Then again the rubes queue for HISTA, and that's aweful.
since 2001 (many before that)

Maarten

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "RnRCj"

Agreed, I think Soarin' is really the best attraction Disney has created in the last 10 years.  I have been on DCA's about 7 times, and Epcot's 4, and I cannot wait to ride it again at DCA in March.  But I never get the Europeans' taste in park attractions.  As much as I like coasters, I can honestly say, I hope Disney never builds another coaster at Marne Le Vallee.

Soarin' is far more important to me than Crush, RNRC, BTMRR, SM or IJTDP.  Others find it boaring.  But what do I know, I totally miss Le Visionarium - another genious attraction that was not popular.  Then again the rubes queue for HISTA, and that's aweful.

I completely agree with all of you. Soarin' is an amazing attraction in my humble opinion. And I agree with Dave's comment about the amount of coasters at Disneyland Resort Paris aswell. It's time for an attraction at the Studios that can be enjoyed by all ages... even te latest additions don't provide that.  :|