MiceAge rumor, WDS next attraction?

Started by The Butlin Boy, September 08, 2007, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

I found his on MiceAge:

QuoteEveryone's wondering what's next after Tower opens? The rumor had Soarin' located between 'Cinemagique' and the former 'Disney Channel ' buildings, but the info I got was that it will instead be an attraction located between the Rock 'n Roller coaster and the 'Motors, Action' stunt show.

When I heard that, I thought it was impossible, no room was available between the two as you can see in the picture below. Except... that behind the wall you see below...

...there's plenty of space!

The word is that it will be an interactive attraction, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was 'Toy Story Mania' or some other theme using the same technology. Basically Soarin' is considered an 'E ticket' and management would prefer a cheaper 'D' ticket before they make another large investment. They want to capitalize on as well as maximize the expected success of the Tower for the next 3-4 years.

Could it be true? :-k

Link

Kristof

There are no new attractions scheduled for the coming 4 years, as you can read on WDSfans' latest update.  Not even Soarin'.

The main focus right now are the placemaking projects all over the park.

Besides I'd rather have a NY streetset or something similar with shops and a restaurant on that location.  Or what about Baloo's idea of placing the Sci-Fi diner there?  Imagine three attractions on a row there.  :?

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Or what about Baloo's idea of placing the Sci-Fi diner there?  Imagine three attractions on a row there.  :?
Yes! This space should either be a high-theme restaurant or a proper shop for Backlot, imo. But infact, I personally can't see it becoming anything. It's just too cramped in there, not Disney's style of doing things. Backlot is already badly designed with those three attractions pushed together.

I agree with raptor about the street sets, shops, etc. Also improving Studio Tram Tour to make it a much grander and must-see attraction should be in their minds.

loaloa

Hello, Alain Littaye, here. I am the one who did the article on miceage , and even if i can't tell you my source, all i can say it that the info of an eventual attraction coming between RARC and the stunt show is coming from a VERY reliable source at DLPI.

All this is subject to the financial approval of the park, of course, but if in 2-3 years you see a new attraction in this zone, remember you read it on miceage first!

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"There are no new attractions scheduled for the coming 4 years, as you can read on WDSfans' latest update.  Not even Soarin'.

This a really bad news. It would have been a dream come true to have the best Walt Disney World attraction over here in Europe. At least thematically it would have fit in better then Woody in Frontierland or Buzz in Discoveryland, as long as they would have gone with a Howard Hughes/Califorinian theme. By the way raptor, do you mean that there are no new attractions planned for the Studios the coming 4 years, or the entire Resort?

QuoteThe main focus right now are the placemaking projects all over the park.

Are there any more placemaking projects in the works after the current Hollywood Boulevard one? Some time ago I read that EuroDisney was planning a Backlot placemaking aswell? Like integrating Armageddon.

QuoteBesides I'd rather have a NY streetset or something similar with shops and a restaurant on that location.  Or what about Baloo's idea of placing the Sci-Fi diner there?  Imagine three attractions on a row there.  :?

I'm not sure what  would like to see in that particular spot to be honest. I am not too fond of the idea of having a Toy Story Mania version back there. Thematically it doesn't fit (toons aren't supposed to go in Backlot, besides that I don't see how they want to fit in the Midway theme into a Studio park). I would rather want them to fill up the space between Cinemagique and the Television Tour.

Kristof

Quotethe entire Resort?

Yep, surprise suprise, no splash mountain.

QuoteToy Story Mania version

Alain refers to an attraction using the technology from TS Mania, not the theming.

Quote from: "loaloa"Hello, Alain Littaye, here. I am the one who did the article on miceage , and even if i can't tell you my source, all i can say it that the info of an eventual attraction coming between RARC and the stunt show is coming from a VERY reliable source at DLPI.

All this is subject to the financial approval of the park, of course, but if in 2-3 years you see a new attraction in this zone, remember you read it on miceage first!

I will not doubt your source, but I have a very reliable source as well at ELDI which said there will be no new attractions the coming 4 years.  So maybe afterwards.

Quoteremember you read it on miceage first!

The gigantic logo's made that clear already.  :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotethe entire Resort?

Hearing ABC1 is shutting down and now that theres no new attractions for 4 YEARS !, Im so depressed !  :cry:  :(

RnRCj

I've never thought an attraction would fit in that space, but I think a restaurant would fit nicely :)

Maarten

Quotethe entire Resort?

That wasn't the reason why I asked. Splash Mountain isn't that high on my wishlist to be honest. The policy of not building any rides at both parks in the coming years after Tower of Terror just doesn't seem clever to me. Haven't they learned anything from the post Space Mountain years?!

QuoteToy Story Mania version
Alain refers to an attraction using the technology from TS Mania, not the theming.

We both know that it is way cheaper for Disney to clone the entire concept. Thats how Disney works nowadays. Ofcourse they could also clone the Monsters Inc. version currently build at Tokyo, but thats seems to be a more expensive version of Toy Story Mania. Why wouldn't EuroDisney chose for the cheaper version from the Amercian parks?

Kristof

In fact, DLRP was financially quite stable the years after Space Mountain without opening major attractions, it all went wrong again after they opened the Studios in 2002.

The financial agreement between the banks, Euro Disney SCA and the Walt Disney Co. by André Lacroix in 2004 called for a period of 5 years of new investments, followed by 5 years without, and then again an investment period of 5 years for new attractions or add-ons.

QuoteWe both know that it is way cheaper for Disney to clone the entire concept. Thats how Disney works nowadays. Ofcourse they could also clone the Monsters Inc. version currently build at Tokyo, but thats seems to be a more expensive version of Toy Story Mania. Why wouldn't EuroDisney chose for the cheaper version from the Amercian parks?

Monsters Inc. hide & seek and Midway Mania are different attractions.  Monsters Inc. is more similar to Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast with flashlights that have to be pointed to "marks" in a real life scenery .
Midway Mania uses 3D projections on a canvas and will have variable targets, while the ones in MI are fixed.

Japper

Quotethe entire Resort?

No Soarin' in the coming years did suck , but no new attraction at all in the coming 4 years is really stupid!! :(

penfold12

So the posts that indicated that strong attendance as a result of the new attarctions would lead to six additional attractions across the resort were untrue then?

Nala_84

Hey, why are you all complaining about no new attractions for the next 4 years?? :shock: ;)

We got (or get)...

- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
- Crush's Coaster
- Cars Race Rally
- Toon Studio Area
- Tower of Terror & Hollywood Bld
- Once Upon A Dream Parade
- New character location or something as replacement for Critter Corral
(- maybe a new parade at WDS)

That's so much, isn't it? I'm very glad to have SO many new attractions when I go to DLRP after two long years, so come on, let's enjoy those many new things and you can still be looking forward to all the new things that await us after 2011 :)  :ears:  Let DLRP calm down a bit with their finance and stuff!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

TowMater

Sorry but between Rockin Roller Coaster & The stunt show is a rubbish place for a ride to be, It'll be all crowded just like Toon Studio when it was in construction.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Yesitsme

Quote from: "raptor1982"Monsters Inc. hide & seek and Midway Mania are different attractions.  Monsters Inc. is more similar to Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast with flashlights that have to be pointed to "marks" in a real life scenery .
Midway Mania uses 3D projections on a canvas and will have variable targets, while the ones in MI are fixed.

Actually from what I've been hearing, the Monsters Inc ride IS using similar technology to Toy Story Mania

Monsters Inc is supposedly using projections and real life scenery and if you read anything detailed about the 'torches' that will be used in MI they sound exactly like the guns which will be used in Toy Story Mania.

I think it makes sense to not build anything new for a couple of years after TOT purely to 'cash in' on this new E-ticket like MGM did when their TOT opened back in 94.

The only thing that is certain is that Disney have a habit of changing their minds so I don't think anyone can say that there will be no new ride for 4 years. I still believe we will see something in the Studios before 2012.

I'd say Splash Mountain is still coming in 2012, when TOT and Toon Studio were anounced I'm sure they said they would be building a new 'monster hit' from the USA parks in 2012.