Theme for a new Disney Hotel?

Started by Kristof, August 07, 2007, 02:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Jess*

:mickey1:  A 'Mickey Mouse & Friends' themed hotel perhaps?   :minnie:

davewasbaloo

I would love a New Orleans themed hotel with a Jazz Club and nice creole retsaurants.  It used to be called the Paris of the West, so it would have a great France meets USA feel like the rest of the park.  Also being on the water could feel like the mighty Mississippi and complement the Village.

And please, no mor characters.  Disney resorts have always been about creating other places and locations, letting you be a part of the story.  If you want Characters, go to Cafe Mickey.
since 2001 (many before that)

Soap

The New Orleans settings sounds indeed fitting too the whole resort and would fit in perfectly!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

MinnieMouse

A New Orleans Style Hotel would pe perfect for DLRP.

A Hotel like the All Star Resorts in WDW is a typical US Hotel, it´s not the perfect Hotel for Paris - I think......  :?

Alexandra

The Butlin Boy

I just had another idea aswell, Toon Town!!!

It'd be just like Davey Crocket Ranch but instead of having wooden cabins, you'd get the toony houses that are in the short cartoons :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I just had another idea aswell, Toon Town!!!

It'd be just like Davey Crocket Ranch but instead of having wooden cabins, you'd get the toony houses that are in the short cartoons :)

NO THANKYOU>>>>TOO MANY TOONS TODAY!!!!!!

Nala_84

The ideas and pics of a New Orleans Style hotel really impressed me, that would really be a nice idea :)

My idea first was something "tropical", also a sea-styled hotel but different from Newport Bayclub... maybe something typical Hawaiin (Lilo & Stitch? :P) or also Florida as theme!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I would love a New Orleans themed hotel with a Jazz Club and nice creole retsaurants.  It used to be called the Paris of the West, so it would have a great France meets USA feel like the rest of the park.  Also being on the water could feel like the mighty Mississippi and complement the Village.

I think this would be a great idea indeed. On the other hand, I also would like to see a Key West theme, like they did in Orlando if I remember correctly. That would also compliment the history of Disney Village quite well.

QuoteAnd please, no mor characters.  Disney resorts have always been about creating other places and locations, letting you be a part of the story.  If you want Characters, go to Cafe Mickey.

Once again, I totally agree. Disney Resorts are about theming, creating an immersive experience like in the parks, a sense of place. Thats why I am not too fond of the Disney's All-Star Resorts in Orlando.

Kristof

Pop Century / All Star people: you should consider that this hotel would be located quite close to the parks, so the price class will probably be on the same level as Hotel New York.  

For me, the theme should be American-related like the rest of the hotels.  An Animal Kingdom Lodge or All Star Movies would look out of place, in my opinion.

Keywest or Port Orleans are great ideas.  

Any other American areas that could be used as a theme?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "raptor1982"Any other American areas that could be used as a theme?

There are loads of styles -

Hawaii
California Mission - (like the Hard Rock Hotel Orlando)
Arts and Crafts (like the Grand Californian)
A ranch house
Atlantic City (ala Boardwalk at WDW)
Key West - like the 1st DVC property
New Orleans
Southern Mansion (Gone with the Wind, DL's Haunted Mansion)
Eastern Colonial like Librty Square at WDW
Modern Contemporary - ala Ghery (but with the Village, no thanks)
San Francisco themed could work too

My personal favs would be New Orleans, Arts and Crafts, or California Mission.

Maarten

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"My personal favs would be New Orleans, Arts and Crafts, or California Mission.

Wouldn't an Arts and Crafts theme be to similar to Sequoia Lodge? I know they may be different, but they both have a Rocky Mountains kind of feel I assume.  :)

dlrpdudette

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Come to think of it, it could be quite cool to theme it on DLRP itself, you could have one section made to look like a smaller version of the castle,then another on BTM, PM, SM, etc :wink:

At first, I thought about a hotel with architecture like discoveryland but after that, maybe there could be multiple buildings like sequoia lodge. Maybe Main Street USA with the lobby, restaurants and more expensive rooms, Fantasyland, Frontierland & Discoveryland with normal rooms and the adventureland building could be the pool. That would be cool :mrgreen:
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"My personal favs would be New Orleans, Arts and Crafts, or California Mission.

Wouldn't an Arts and Crafts theme be to similar to Sequoia Lodge? I know they may be different, but they both have a Rocky Mountains kind of feel I assume.  :)

There are some similarities, but An A&C style has a 20's feel to it.  But you are right, they are very similar (I also very much like the SL).

Anthony

I'll take a New Orleans for the spot next to Newport Bay Club (there's even already a small river running from the lake there, perfect for the theme), and a California Mission for the spot across the road nearest to WDS. Perfect. :)

Or infact I rather like the San Francisco idea too...

RnRCj

I like the New Orleans idea :D I'm trying to think of some of my own ideas :lol:

Is there a chance that a hotel will be built in that spot?