Top 5 Disney Animated Classics

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2007, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madame_leota

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Really don't see how you can rate The Lion King up at 1 and Beauty and the Beast at 5.  :roll:

We're talking the only animated movie that's ever been nominated for a best picture oscar.

I think The Lion King only does so well because of the Broadway show, it's inclusion at DLRP and it's buoyed because of the media hype and box office success. It probably wins out amongst the younger members too because of it's cutesy animals and more anarchic attributes.

Never really rated Fantasia that highly, it's far too artsy for it's own good, and parts of it are extremely tedious. I much prefer Fantasia 2000 actually, I love the Steadfast Tin Soldier, the Donald Duck segment and the Firebird Suite.

Still, there's a massive gap between Beauty and the Beast and the third place which is currently Snow White. I still think The Lion King and Beauty are neck and neck for first place.

each to their own i guess, im sorry your obviously not to happy about it but thats just my opinion and i have no doubt that beauty and the beast will win this anyway

i just love the lion king, its always been my fave disney film and i dont think its just because of the stage show ect that its so popular if it wasnt extremly popular in the first place there wouldnt be a show. maybe the fact that its so visualy stunning and has an original storyline ect is why its very popular i love the music in it and i think scar is absolutly fantastic. really its got a pretty dark storyline to it. its the way they have how the animals move down to a tee aswell is something else that makes it so amazing to me. i wish i had seen the musical but have never had chance so far. the ledgend of the lion king show will just have to do for now - not that i mind!!  :D

i do love beauty and the beast but its just not my number 1, the fact that its been the only animated movie nominated for best piccy dosent have anything to do with it for me. i just perfer the storylines and music to the other films i have picked.

i have never seen fantasia 2000, seen bits of it on trailors on disney dvds but never the whole thing, it looks amazing though.

it was difficult for me to choose between aladdin and beauty and the beast but i picked aladdin because genie is one of my fave characters because hes just so so funny and hes voiced my robin williams who i think is such a great actor

Anonymous

Fair enough, don't take my comments the wrong way - and I've got way too much time on my hands at the moment following the forum after the accident on Tuesday.

:)

But I'm always going to champion Beauty and the Beast because I love it so much and it's what reintroduced me to Disney years ago.

disney_donutter

1. Peter Pan
2. Aladdin
3. The Lion King
4. Oliver and Co
5. Fantasia.

6. Beauty and the beast
7. Basil The great Mouse Detective
8. Alice in Wonderland
9. Pocahontas
10. the fox and the hound

smurfy74

1- The Little Mermaid
2 - Snow White
3 - Pinocchio
4 - Alice in Wonderland
5 - Beauty and the Beast

these are mine  :)

Patrick

1-Beauty and the Beast
2-The Little Mermaid
3-Hunchback of Notre Dame
4-Pocahontas
5-Peter Pan

fly_with_me_dumbo

this is soooooooo hard to choose,
this may change lol :D

little mermaid
hunch back of notre dame
pocahontus
cinderella
beauty and the beast

Anonymous

The current top 10 are:-

1.   The Lion King
2.   Beauty and the Beast
3.   The Little Mermaid
4.   Snow White
5.   Peter Pan
6.   Aladdin
7.   Pocahontas
8.   Tarzan
9.   Hunchback of NotrĂ© Dame
10. The Jungle Book

I'm a bit surprised actually to see Pocahontas, Tarzan and Hunchback making it in there, although I love all three, I thought the likes of Cinderella, Pinocchio and Bambi would have ranked higher. Bambi hasn't even got any points yet.

Very little in it between the top 3, and I think those could easily move around yet. It's definitely going to be either BATB or TLK though.

Quite a gap between Little Mermaid and Snow White though.

Masamune

:) Here's mine.

1. Alice in Wonderland
2. Fantasia
3. Dumbo
4. The Lion King
5. Sleeping Beauty

:P And because other people seem to be doing it;

6. Beauty and the Beast
7. The Sword in the Stone
8. Basil the Great Mouse Detective
9. Bambi
10. Brother Bear

:( It's hard to put them in order.

peep

I'm really unsure about this so I'll probably edit this or update if I change my mind which is very likely.

1. Aladdin
2. Meet the Robinsons
3. Beauty and the beast
4. Peter Pan
5. The Lion King
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Mathizsias

Arghhh, I hate this. But here it goes. I am unstatisfied with the order, I'd prefer not to sort them in particular, but heck, I tried! :)

1. Aladdin - Robin Williams as the man in blue, my favorite.
2. Beauty and the Beast - Best story.
3. Hunchback of the Notre Dame - I used to be in love with Esmeralda, plus the medieval time setting.
4. Robin Hood - I have a weakspot for medieval and Robin Hood stories are very interesting.
5. Mulan - Awesome, plain awesome. I used to love the videopolis show.
6. The Lion King - Amazing animation, Timon and Pumbee are perhaps the best comical relief ever.
7. Tarzan - Awesome score, Phil just rox!
8. The Black Cauldron - Medieval quirk again. Nice and dark!
9. Jungle Book - I'm the jungle VIP!
10. The Sword in the Stone - Medieval quirk strikes again! I love Merlin stories.
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

kurgly_bird

1. Beauty and The Beast
2. The Little Mermaid
3. The Lion King
4. Pocahontas
5. Dumbo

6. Aladdin
7. Sleeping Beauty
8. Mulan
9. Cinderella
10. Snow White

took me ages to figure that out  :D

x x x

moglet

Can't possibly put them in order but it would be
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Beauty and the Beast
Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Brother bear
Peter pan
The lion King
Mulan
Snow white
The Tigger Movie.
These are all the films that make me laugh and cry :stitch_bounce:

Anonymous

Beauty and the Beast are in joint first place. The Little Mermaid trailing behind 13 points in third place.

I could cheat and take Moglets picks in the order they're listed, which would put Beauty and the Beast in pole position. :)

moglet

omg! someone thinks Ive done something right for a change. How can a list of disney films ever be wrong though  :lol:

RnRCj

I'm going to change my top 5 from this...

Quote from: "RnRCj"1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Lion King
3. Snow White
4. Jungle Book
5. Tarzan

To this...

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Dumbo
3. Lion King
4. Snow White
5. Alice in Wonderland