Blast from the Past - Vintage EuroDisney Paris 1994

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2007, 07:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

If i have the time the next days I can scan some old maps for you :wink:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyana

Oh a great topic. I first visited DLP in 1993. At this time there was no SM there. I still remember how it looked like as it was in its building process. And I really miss all the great parades from the early years. There were often little parades for the new animation movies. There was a Hunchback of Notre Dame Parade, a Hercules Parade, a Pocahontas Parade and they had a nice Summer Parade with a very nice Dschinnie float and the Gummybears. I have photos of these parade, but I don't know how to post them here. And I still remember some female dancers from the Christmas Parade. They had some beautiful green and red dresses. But there is still one float in the Christmas Parade today which is very Vintage. The float of Santa Clause is still the same, which they used in the first years. Oh yes and the Beauty and the Beast Show was gorgeous. I have seen it so often, I lost count. I loved the final scene, with the dancers in pink dresses and Belle with her glittering gold dress. Wonderful and truly magical. And there was an other great show too. La Livre Magique de Mickey. The show took place at the Royal Castle Stage. And it was soooo great. With a big storybook, which was in fact the background for the show. And turned its page for every new act. I loved that show sooo much.

Yes good old times. And in fact, it seems like DLP is now after 15 years returning back to its old glory. But one thing has totally changed. In the early years DLP never was so crowded like it is now.  :lol:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Nala_84

Oh yes, I remember the lovely "La Livre Magique de Mickey" show. My first visit to DLRP was in September 1992 - I was almost 8 years old :)

I scanned one of this great show ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RnRCj

I'm jealous of those of you who visited the park way back in 1992! I wasn't even born then :P I wish I could go back in time and see what it was like. My first visit was in 2001.

madame_leota

Quote from: "Riebi"If i have the time the next days I can scan some old maps for you :wink:

thankyou! that would be amazing!!  :D

disney_donutter

I loved my first trip.. It was when the main st electrical parade was on and it was lovely!!

Riebi

Quote from: "Nala_84"Oh yes, I remember the lovely "La Livre Magique de Mickey" show. My first visit to DLRP was in September 1992 - I was almost 8 years old :)

I scanned one of this great show ;)

Oh yes this show was so great! I loved it so much! And the magical book was amazing! I hope something like that will be back some day!

Riebi

Leota, I start with one from 1994 and one from 1998:

Disneyana

I had both of these maps too. Isn't it quiet astonishing how the maps have changed. I mean the first one looked so ugly and unprofessionell. But the one from 1998 is very lovely. In some ways i like it more than the ones we have now.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Riebi

Yes indeed! The have develope them much. And its also nice to see how the new attraction spoted on the maps

matthias-mousy

My first was also in 1994. First hotel was Sequioa Lodge. There's was the Aladdin Parade, the summer parade. Rock Shock (terrible) And wonderful Livre Magique show and my favorite Feel the magic at Festival Stage.
And the Turtles in Disney Village.

I have this al on VHS. Is there anybody who knows if you can record this back from video to videocamera...so that I can have these movies on my pc?

Riebi

How have they looked? The paper bags of 1993?

Heeere is one! My very first 1993-sweets-and-little-things paper bag  :D

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Strange, when i saw the photo of Big thunder mountain, I got a tear in my eye. All the great memories. BTM is still my number one actraction. Usually it's the first actraction that i go to, when I am there, and the last one before i leave

suzie

wow awesome pics, I can remember it pretty well the way it looked back then, I was only 5 years old when I visited Disneyland for the first time in 1993 or 4 I'm not sure , but I still remember it so well, it made such a big impression on me
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

madzilla

Wow, blast from the past indeed :)

My first trip was in 1995 at the tender age of 11, and I vaguely remember it - I don't think I have many photos from it sadly as I lost the film over the years! I have plenty from subsequent trips though. :) But I remember things like the plastic park passes (with the Lion King characters on them at the time) and Buffalo Bill tickets, the amazing Main St Electrical Parade and some of the things we bought (plastic 101 Dalmatians jewellery!). I do have a photo of my friend and I with Perla the mouse at our character breakfast - hard to believe it was 12 years ago!