Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn investment announcement

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 27, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: claire2281 on March 03, 2018, 09:34:57 AM
Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 03, 2018, 02:04:03 AM
Also with the Paramoung studios opening in the UK in a few years from now I think this is a smart move.

Tbh as things stand it doesn't seem like that will happen now.

Oh well I suppose I'll let me dad know he doesn't live far from where it's meant to be being built and keeps going on about it lol not sure when things changed least we have our amazing Disney park/s

claire2281

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 04, 2018, 01:22:08 AM
Quote from: claire2281 on March 03, 2018, 09:34:57 AM
Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 03, 2018, 02:04:03 AM
Also with the Paramoung studios opening in the UK in a few years from now I think this is a smart move.

Tbh as things stand it doesn't seem like that will happen now.

Oh well I suppose I'll let me dad know he doesn't live far from where it's meant to be being built and keeps going on about it lol not sure when things changed least we have our amazing Disney park/s

I live down in Kent too and with Paramount having pulled out it's effectively put the kibosh on the whole thing. Pretty much the only studio that would have the franchises to make it work are Universal and there hasn't seemingly been a sniff of interest from them.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Dolph7800

All looks really exciting. It's great they are making good use of Marvel, there's a lot of IPs from Disney that are totally underused so it's good that this and Star wars are being milked for all they are worth.

The only thing I would like them to accommodate is an updated version of Disney Junior live and stitch. These are pretty important for the younger audience which I fear wouldn't be served as well by Marvel. At least they could essentially rebuild those two anywhere else, especially Disney junior. They don't seem to be particularly tricky show buildings.

Assuming Motor's Action is for the chop too which is a shame although it's long past its prime but hopefully they can replace it with a similar marvel theme show, above the planned indoor one. Car stunts are good fun and it eats up loads of people.

Rocketeer

Interesting point on the TV/Disney Jr. building. I'd be surprised if it remains as it is, let alone keeping the show where it is. Stitch would really seem out of place in Marvel Land.

I'm sure they could accommodate the show - or even something similar over in Toon Studios.*cough* Art of Animation *cough*. Quesion is, which character could they replace Stitch with?

As for Moteurs, it's a curious one. I can't see it staying long term, and I can't see why they'd keep it if they put another stunt show in Studio 2. Sure it seems to be still there in the concept art, but it's vague for a reason.

Maybe it'll be a later stage project - if you combine Moteurs and the Reign of Fire set, that's a good chunk of land that is probably the expansion pad to the left of what I'm calling the "Avenue de l'arbre" that takes you to the lake.
If not for another land, then certainly for an expansion of Marvel Land.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

polar vixen

Tbh id hope theyd keep stiych even if its moved somewhere else. Its never been empty and we do it multiple times each visit

claire2281

Once the new Chaparral Theatre is up and running it may be able to accommodate more shows. Depends on the setting and stage arrangements I guess. 
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Nioli

Quote from: Rocketeer on March 03, 2018, 05:04:26 PM
I don't know what eateries they could offer for Marvel land though. Delicacies from Wakanda and Sokovia? ;)

Shawarma :P

Rocketeer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

OK then.. what do we all think will be done to Studio One?

Certainly the entrance and egress areas needs widening - possibly by just removing the smaller doors and having a few larger ones.

What of inside? Keep it the same or spruce it up a bit?

Pete's Dragon

While I like the inside of Studio One it doesnt make for a great entrance to the park. Going from outside to inside then back into the sunlight. Maybe a glass roof along the centre to brighten things up? Almost like a covered version of Main St.

Jules Verne

Though i dont mind the complete indoor section a glass roof wouldn't be too bad an idea, unless its a pain to clean with rain and bird poop.
I think sprucing up the dining options for it would be the best option for it. I've always through that a second floor for studio 1 would that had a restaurant or bar to over look the park would be a nice touch. Also add a mickey meet and greet like they have in fantasy land.

Slimy yet satisfying

I quite like the covered starlit sky wouldn't want that to change but yes more dining options will definately have to be offered throught the new lands. I don't think that Mickey will have a regular meet in the Studios...can't be in two places at the same time!😉. I think there will be plenty of new character opportunities in the 3 new lands. Looking forward to the changes  maybe it will entice me back after all?
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Rocketeer

Coverting the roof to a clear canopy could work. Probably not glass though, might be pricey plus it can amplify the noise - an issue with World Bazaar in Tokyo Disneyland.

https://youtu.be/Ngsm5Su-mC4?t=8s

However, there are plenty of clear fabric alternatives -for example, the biomes of the Eden Project.

I think the traffic volume is still going to be something that needs addressing. Imagine everyone leaving the lakefront after the night time spectacular, then having to funnel through Studio 1. That is, unless they make two bypasses either side.

Bellefan

So will the SW stuff from DLP move into WDSP? I can't make out much from the concept art...

And if not, why not?

Completely agree that Frozen Land belongs in DLP...

OR....and this isn't my opinion, but are they worried that people will see DLP as a "girls park" and WDSP as a "boys park"?
May 1995 Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
May 1997 Santa Fe
Sept 1998 Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2005 Santa Fe
Sept 2007 Santa Fe
Sept 2008 Newport Bay Club
Mar 2013 Cheyenne

Thaliel

Quote from: Rocketeer on March 04, 2018, 07:25:28 PM

Quesion is, which character could they replace Stitch with?

NONE!

I need my cute, cuddly, blue alien fix
<-Plz click