Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn investment announcement

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 27, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

Today Disneyland Paris announced that they will completely revamp the Walt Disney Studios Park!
The biggest focus points will be adding a Star Wars Land, a Marvel Land and a Frozen Land.
Also will Tower of Terror remain the same (no GOTG overlay), will it get a massive lake (let's hope for World of Color or Fantasmic), a new ride in Toy Story Playland, a new look for Studio 1 and a new parade route.

This is the best news that Disneyland Paris could've ever given us!
Even if you don't like Star Wars, Frozen or Marvel, you can't deny that this is much needed.
Walt Disney Studios Park now is the laughing stock of the Disney Parks.
But soon, it'll be one of (if not the) best!

It's a 2 BILLON euro investment and the biggest renewal/expansion project in Disney Parks history!
Works will start in 2021, and will be done in phases.

Concept art, press release and video links below.

Video of the concept art:

Video of Bob Iger himself, announcing the plans: https://twitter.com/Elysee/status/968482587038666753

Read more:

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

YenSidBot

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Finally the resort is going to be a worldwide destination
Next Trip 28 Sep - 5 October 18 :) :)

ChipandDale99

This is such great news!!! ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Pete's Dragon

Ooooooh, I'm all excited even though it could be 5-10 years before its finished. I take it the Tram Tour is getting shunted again?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on February 27, 2018, 04:48:17 PM
Ooooooh, I'm all excited even though it could be 5-10 years before its finished. I take it the Tram Tour is getting shunted again?

Studio Tram Tour will be removed.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Zee79

Not keen on star wars, don't like marvel at all but this is fantastic news! About time, the only thing is I hope it doesn't price a lot of people out Disney.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: DLPWonders on February 27, 2018, 04:52:56 PM
Quote from: Pete's Dragon on February 27, 2018, 04:48:17 PM
Ooooooh, I’m all excited even though it could be 5-10 years before its finished. I take it the Tram Tour is getting shunted again?

Studio Tram Tour will be removed.

All of it, even the splashy, water earthquake bit ( as you can tell the proper name escapes me :-) )

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Pete's Dragon on February 27, 2018, 05:02:21 PM

All of it, even the splashy, water earthquake bit ( as you can tell the proper name escapes me :-) )

You might want to take a look at the concept art to understand what's happening haha.
Yes, all of it. About 90% of the Studios will be completely removed, rebuild and rethemed.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Zee79 on February 27, 2018, 04:54:28 PM
Not keen on star wars, don't like marvel at all but this is fantastic news! About time, the only thing is I hope it doesn't price a lot of people out Disney.

You can bet that this will happen. US quality means US prices.
I'm expecting the Infinity price to raise to 1000€ (if not over it).

Nioli

Hot damn, that's amazing news! Just a shame that it's going to take so long for this stuff to actually open.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Nioli on February 27, 2018, 05:38:44 PM
Hot damn, that's amazing news! Just a shame that it's going to take so long for this stuff to actually open.

It takes years to build this. That's normal for any theme park in the world.
Don't forget that it will be pretty much an entirely new park.

mickey1980

This is what we've been waiting for since the 20th anniversary.
Well worth the wait.

Only fear I have is that the castle park will feel hopelessly outdated if they don't add something over there.
Who knows what more surprises Bob Iger holds up his sleeve.  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

DLPWonders (Banned)

^ They've just announced a much needed 2 billion euro revamp of the worst Disney park worldwide and you want MORE surprises? Calm down tiger :P

There will probably be something new in the future.
But Disneyland Park looks fine as it is and doesn't needed anything more right now.
WDS needs it more than any Disney park in the world.
And Disneyland Park recently received a complete repolish, Hyperspace Mountain, Star Wars 2, Illuminations and Stars on Parade. They can go on for a while ;)

AJDisney

Words cannot explain how hyped I am! (Mainly over Tower staying TOT!!!)

I was cautiously optimistic to begin with; afterall, our Toy Story area is pretty rubbish, really. However, after reading that they will be making changes there to and adding a new ride, it makes me so hopeful!

As WDW and DCA's Galaxy's Edges are the exact same size (so I'm assuming replicas? I'm not sure?), I hope Paris will be the same size and not a smaller version, as we usually get.

I hope now that Disney are making changes we'll get more merchandise (I'll be so gutted if we aren't overwhelmed with Phantom Manor merch when it reopens!!).
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Rocketeer

Wow wow wow. This is fantastic news! Not only is the park/resort getting the attention it needs, but also three major lands in the process.

Glaxay's Edge looks great, so I don't care it's a clone. The Marvel Land is an unknown (probably a clone of the plan for DCA), but it's bound to be good. And the Frozen Land should have been a Port in TDS and/or HKDL, so you can only imagine how awesome that will be.

I honestly don't mind any of these additions.

EDIT: And how about that lake? As the OP said, let's hope for Fantasmic! or «Monde de Couleur».

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney