Splash Mountain

Started by Owain, October 30, 2006, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

If think and many of you would love to have a Splash Mountain in the Disneyland Park !

I have just been on google and found 2 places for where it could go !

Either where Critter Corral is Or The Chaparral Theater ! These might be missed but wouldnt you rather a Refreshing Log flume than an animal feeding farm or a Show Stage ?

http://p6.piczo.com/img/i150312225_23631_6.jpg

And as you can see below it Does not take up that much space in The Florida Park !

http://p6.piczo.com/img/i150320153_29178_6.jpg

What Do you think ?

Dlrpfan

they could even make a bridge for the train tracks to sit on and use the land behind there
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Maarten

Quote from: "Owain"And as you can see below it Does not take up that much space in The Florida Park !

Well, I'm not sure about the size, but in the pic you forgot to mention the huge building behind the mountain itself. Technically that wouldn't be an issue in Paris, because behind the Disneyland Railroad, there's enough space. If I remember correctly, Splash Mountain should have been/should be build at the place of the current Frontierland Depot.

Personally, I would like to see Splash Mountain at Disneyland Paris very much. I've ridden it last summer in Orlando, and it was truly awesome. Thematically, Brer Rabbit doesn't make much sense when you think of the Thunder Mesa storyline. I would rather see a more elobarate, serious version of Splash Mountain to much the current storyline, like I told many times before. But it wouldn't hurt either if we get Brer Rabbit.  :)

Owain

True ! but totaly, they should have a spalsh mountain or some sort of log flume ! :)

DisneyBud

I agree! Splash Mountain would definately be well received.  I remember the log flume at alton towers being one of the very first rides i ever went on.  disney would do an amazing job no doubt!

Owain

In the topic that you quote your 3 favourite rides to come to disneyland paris, i think splash mountain seems a hit ! Does anybody no if a big project like this would ever happen ?

Anthony

Well, they have plans for it from back in 1992.  DLRP doesn't have any water rides yet they seem strangely popular all over Europe.  They'd need to find a new theme and story, but I think if/when DLP get a new E-Ticket it'll either be this or a version of Indiana Jones Adventure.  But that's just my guess.

The current new attractions will need to be an amazing success for something like this to happen, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if they held it off until the 20th Anniversary to do a similar big event to the current 15th.

A new Indy EMV would probably be easier though (no need to move a railroad station, for a start, and the land is just sitting there), as well as having a higher capacity, being indoors, and.. much more marketable. If the fourth film is a hit.

Owain

Sorry to ask but, whats an E-ticket ?

Riebi

QuoteSorry to ask but, whats an E-ticket ?

From the beginning till the 70ies you have to pay for every ride at disneyland. So in this time you have not buy an passport, you buy a Ticket
Book with tickets for the rides.
The tickets in this book was classified from A to E. With an A-ticket the access to somthing like Main Street Horse Cars was guaranteed, with a "higher" an better ride will open its doors for you.
The E-Ticket was the best ticket/best attractions.

An better explication as my bad english is here :D (yesterland.com):

:arrow: //http://www.yesterland.com/abcde.html
 :arrow: //http://www.yesterland.com/abcde2.html
 :arrow: //http://www.yesterland.com/tickets.html
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

So whats the odds that splash montain could arrive for the 20th celebration or later in dlrp ?

Patrick

Quote from: "Owain"So whats the odds that splash montain could arrive for the 20th celebration or later in dlrp ?

About as much chance as fans believeing that DLP would have got a brand new parade about 2 years ago.  Aka, who knows, Disneyland Resort Paris is the one theme park in the whole world you can never be sure what's happening.  Plus it has been on the rumour planning table since 1992.  So who knows.

actiontoyboy

Splash mountain would be great for the summer season...but what will happen in the winter? Being wet with -5 Celcius isn't very magic.....
I remember this ride in Universal studio's, the Jurassic park ride, I was wet to the bone..But no problem there, as the sun is there for the entire year. Curious if our weather/climate is ready for it...

GJ

Japper

Maybe they make a splash that you can change during winter periods.
In holland we have this ride : The Flying Dutchman , a water coaster
were they can change the splash. In the winter you don't get wet and
in the summer you will get wet.

RnRCj

When I rode the Orlando Splash Mountain, I didn't get wet at all.

Maybe it was because I was sitting at the back of the boat?  :?

Owain

Quote from: "actiontoyboy"Splash mountain would be great for the summer season...but what will happen in the winter? Being wet with -5 Celcius isn't very magic.....
I remember this ride in Universal studio's, the Jurassic park ride, I was wet to the bone..But no problem there, as the sun is there for the entire year. Curious if our weather/climate is ready for it...

GJ
I dont really no what they do, but theres many other europe theme parks that are cold, but have water rides open  :?