Splash Mountain

Started by Owain, October 30, 2006, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Willow"There are loads of different water rides around Europe and they are popular enough.
You don't get soaked on Splash Mountain.
If I remember rightly there is a pretty cool rapids ride in one of the Scandanavian countries.

But other European parks close in Autumn, so they don't need to worry as much about the cold.

Personally, I would rather see IJA than Splash Mountain. It seems like a much more exciting ride and has better theming in my opinion. It looks more re-rideable as well.

A lot of parks do but some are still open pretty late in the year. In November this year I was at Alton Towers for Scarefest, I went on The Flume, River Rapids and Battle Galleons (Splash Battle), I think the temperature was around 2-5 celcius, they were still queues for them.

nemo1981

however, alton towers is closed right now....
i think it`s still a difference to ride a water ride,when there are minus 4 degrees....and in winter degrees often fall under zero....
i`m sorry but i´ve never been to an amusement park in europe with an opened water ride in january or february!

x-charlotte-x

I don't see why everyone is complaining about getting wet and being cold. You don't get that wet on Splash Mountain anyway even when you sit at the front you just get a bit of spray, plus if they designed the water to be pushed away from the boat instead of coming over the top of the boat then you really wouldn't get wet, and then they could change it for the summer months so that you do get a bit wet. I don't see what all the fuss is about!  :roll:

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

RnRCj

Quote from: "x-charlotte-x"I don't see why everyone is complaining about getting wet and being cold. You don't get that wet on Splash Mountain anyway even when you sit at the front you just get a bit of spray, plus if they designed the water to be pushed away from the boat instead of coming over the top of the boat then you really wouldn't get wet, and then they could change it for the summer months so that you do get a bit wet. I don't see what all the fuss is about!  :roll:

I don't mind the cold or getting a little wet either, it's just that loads of other poeple will. A couple of weeks ago I even heard someone who wasn't sure about going on Pirates because of getting cold and wet. :roll:

But if Splash was built, I'm sure the Imagineer's would design it to feel more "warm". It would be a bit like what they did when designing DLP, using warm colours and putting lots of things undercover.

david

right- here is an idea that will kind of sort out part of the problem:
am i right in thinking that the majority of the splash on splash mountain is created artificially by water jets and sprays rather than actually being caused by the boat?
if so- how about using warm water!
you could even re-theme it to incorporate geysers at the bottom of the drop.
or make the last ride scene after the drop really hot to try to dry/warm people up

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "davidrsykes"if so- how about using warm water!
you could even re-theme it to incorporate geysers at the bottom of the drop.
or make the last ride scene after the drop really hot to try to dry/warm people up

About using warm water, it usually turns cold very quickly. But heaters towards the end could work quite well... :)

lil-shawn

hey folks,

so i think splash would be great cause i love this attraction, but for our beloved disneyland
resort paris i think the western river expedition would be far better...

i like the story of this never build attraction, and i think it would be a nice
20th birthday present, it fits perfectly with the theme of our frontierland...

here are some pics....

Owain

Sorry but i couldnt help myself from bringing this topic to everyone's attention again, as there has been recent talk about splash mountain again.

Here's a trailer Disneyparks Youtube channel posted recently of Splash Mountain in WDW;

[youtube:12qehjms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlYzghgp12k[/youtube:12qehjms]

CafeFantasia

Some great footage in that official video. Too bad they had to use a fake soundtrack, and not the real thing. Splash Mountain is ALL about the soundtrack and its wonderful songs:

How Do You Do?
Ev'rybody's Got a Laughin' Place
Burrow's Lament
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

Parkfisch

Quote from: "nemo1981"i`m sorry but i´ve never been to an amusement park in europe with an opened water ride in january or february!

The one at Toverland in the Netherlands is open as I read in a report of a guest. They did the ride when the temperature was about -2 degrees.  :lol:
I prefer Indiana Jones Adventure!  :twisted: