Maintanance on strike

Started by Matts, September 13, 2006, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matts

i don`t know any details exept articles below:

(in french) http://dlrp.fr/actu_greve_disney_809.html "Les équipes de maintenance de Disney en grève pour les salaires"

(and in english on) http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.p ... full&page=
Matts

DisneyBud

Uh Oh, I hope this doesn't mean the Parks are going to get messy. Do they have back up staff for this sort of thing? Or Maybe Cinderella needs to get her broom out, and give Mickey a duster or two.

Matts

Quote from: "DisneyBud"Maybe Cinderella needs to get her broom out, and give Mickey a duster or two.

That would be cool to see Cinderella or Mickey with brooms and so on maintaining the park ;)
Matts

Masamune

Brooms from Fantasia = Win.

:lol: The cleaners should totally be given brooms with arms on them...

anthony2k6

i hope this doesnt mean the rides wont be maintained so well? DLRP really doesnt need some more accidents from poorly maintained rides. :(

Matts

Quote from: "Masamune"The cleaners should totally be given brooms with arms on them...

That would be awsome :) brooms with arms like those in the Studios :)

Quote from: "anthony2k6"DLRP really doesnt need some more accidents from poorly maintained rides. :(

some more? I mean I have never heard of an accident in Disneyland Paris? Where there really any?

Matts

- closed rides
- no parades
- more under the link: http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.p ... full&page=

Patrick

I'm sorry, but I simply do not feel that striking is correct, after all I work in a theme park and we accept simply the wages are not that good, reason why we are working at a theme park.  Why Cast working in DLRP seem to believe they have so mucgh money are just stupid, the resort cannot afford to pay them anymore, keep refurbishments going and so on.  Really if they want better pay they should go looking for work elsewhere, I know I am thinking of working at Disney and I do not expect to be getting paid anymore than just above minimum wage, which I suspect is what they are paying.  Stopping parades is just petty and useless, do they not want people top return, do they want to see DLRP go back to the awful days of Rasulo's era?  Personally the maintanence staff and other staff on strike just get back to work or I believe the resort should just hand them their notice for wasting their time.

Lightning McQueen

I believe that the staff on strike are just selfish,one shouldn't expect  excellent wages in a theme park.Hospitality is a major part of the job,going on strike doesn't work in favour of this and spoils the fun for the visitors. :x
Lightning McQueen

Matts

I have the same view on the case!!!
They are just destroying the resort from inside :(
If I worked in DLRP I wouldn`t expect more than minimum wage...

I`m from Poland were wages are really differentiated... some get minimym some earn a lot... nevertheless for the past two years I believe Disney comes to Poland to find workers for DLRP e.i dancers, characters etc. I even met a Polish girl working at the reception in Hotel Cheyenne...

Those people go there mainly for summer holiday season... and many of them are really happy about the wages even though they are not happy about the prices of food, house rent price and so on...

So maybe for French people the wages are minimum but I can admitt that dancers and characters at least can be easily replaced by foreigners - I know they are not on strike but no one is irreplaceable...
Matts

Masamune

*Nods* It is pretty selfish...they really should go work somewhere else if they want better pay...

Matts

Quote from: "Masamune"*Nods* It is pretty selfish...they really should go work somewhere else if they want better pay...

I don`t want to argue if they are paid well or not... maybe they should be paid more because for me it seems that they usualy work pretty hard to keep everything safe... but the way they show their attitude to the wages is irresponsible - no one gains (maybe they will gain at the end) and everyone loose: people - closed rides, no parade etc.; park itself - again rides, bad publicity etc.; maintance - they are going to be seen as those who forced management to close the rides and so on so on...

BTW does anyone know what people staying in Disney Hotels (those who booked packages) feel about this situation cause I would be furious... I`m going in October and I hope that situation will calm down and the rides would be open again

RnRCj

This makes me angry  :evil:

Why block a parade and ruin the experience for guests? The guests pay all that money to go to DLRP and get this. They must be shocked. It's just so childish for the staff to do that.

I hope it all calms down very soon  :x

Sam

It's getting worse...  from Monday on, waiters in the restaurants won't work during the morning (breakfast disaster no doubt!). Evening shift will (for the moment) go on like usual.

Patrick

God damn it, what is DLRP turing into, a big mess by any chance wish the staff would give up, they can't afford it and god damn it how much I hope this is sorted by the start of the Halloween Season, it will look so bad for the park in a season that is always brought in with fun and if there was no parade and stuff it would be a disaster, I know if I was not an AP holder I probably would cancel my trip planned for late October if it is not sorted.