Princess Pavilion in Fantasyland (Now Open)

Started by Anthony, August 21, 2010, 04:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Aww, it looks super pretty. Though I'm sure I read somewhere that the backgrounds were to change depending on what princess was meeting!? Like the back for Ariel should be Prince Eric's castle rather than Sleeping Beauty's?

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"@davidrsykes

Oh yes, well spotted. Epic fail on behalf of whoever did the "stained glass" inside this new pavilion. Did they not notice that massive castle has a new colour scheme?

Yes, and they also made it look like it's tiny, flat and made out of glass, those fools.

It's not bad! For a meet 'n' greet — I don't know why the French insist on calling it a "photo location," which makes it sound like one of those boards you stick your head through — it's as detailed as one could expect it to be. Granted, the Town Square Theater has raised the bar for these things to an absurd height, but then this is a princess meet 'n' greet. A response to a painful decade of Disney Princess merchandising mania, sweet sixteen and gypsy wedding reality shows and genre-subverting movies like Enchanted and Tangled. When faced with such a task, all you can do is make sure the quality is less Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and more Sleeping Beauty Castle.

And they pretty much managed, except for the sign... What a shame about that sign. I also think the facade on the whole is a bit... Lazy. They used the arched doorways already in place and added not much else. And a turret and some generic stonework lifted from Sleeping Beauty Castle does not make for a coherent concept. If they were going for rustic, they could have made the tower crooked and the masonry uneven. That way it would have blended better with the nearby Old Mill and Italian area, which are both truly rustic.

And while I appreciate the attempts at echoing Small World with those wind vanes, I think that might have been a mistake. Small World is too abstract and singular to try and incorporate it in this type of architecture.

Aurora1

just got back yesterday night.
We were able to be part of a soft opening. It took a while, the lines were long.(not much of a surprise,he?? ;) ) I thought it was beautiful. And what I was hoping for. All the time in queuing, before you got one princess. now you get two of them. Still no guarantee wich one, but two!
And in a nice and quiet athmosphere. Because no one else sees you, when your with them. And of course you`ll get to buy the pictures, right by the exit of the pavillon.
Aurora1

It's A Small World

Wow form the photo I can't what to go there with my mum on November 28th we could meet 'n' greet the princess in the Auberge de Cendrillon Restaurant and again at the Princess Pavilion.

MissDisneyisMagical

ooooh this looks gorgeous i cant wait to see it for myself
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

lubynoo

Does anyone know the situation for wheelchairs? I have seen on InsideDLParis that there is a wheelchair sign but is it the same que or not because from the pictures it looks a little tight to be getting a wheelchair through?

kiki_304

Quote from: "lubynoo"Does anyone know the situation for wheelchairs? I have seen on InsideDLParis that there is a wheelchair sign but is it the same que or not because from the pictures it looks a little tight to be getting a wheelchair through?

Hi, whilst my boys didn't want to wait the 90 mins to see princess' we did queue and turned around at the doors.  The doors looked very big, I think there were double door openings and would be no problem for a wheelchair.  I also saw someone in a wheelchair queuing up with the rest of us, so I assume you get to queue up as per any other guest.

lubynoo

Thank you for replying. Oh that's fine just saw pictures of the inside and it looks like curved walkways and a bit tight. @InsideDLParis did post a picture of a wheelchair sign like the one in your picture though so wondered what the situation was. As long as it is big enough that's good.

kiki_304

Looking at that photo I can see a disabled arrow pointing toward the exit doors.  Maybe there is another entrance but not on the day I was there.  Wasn't officially open yet, so maybe people were just going in that one queue.  I thought it kind of odd to have wheelchairs in the line as you don't often see it.

lubynoo

I'll have to wait until next week and ask at city hall. I myself could do without it and see them elsewhere but I have a small boy who is OBSESSED with the princesses and is adamant he is going lol. Actually he would probably prefer the que because you get all the theming which looks lovely. Hopefully it won't be too busy next week, we shall see. Not long now!!

claire2281

Oh, I know it is 'just' a meet and greet but that looks absolutely lovely. The sign is a bit 'meh' but apart from that...

The design inside is beautiful and it's lovely for this to have better home than just random spaces in the park. Especially with an indoor queuing area. It'd be nice if they could do this with other 'permanent' meet and greets. Like a Hundred Acre Wood one for Winnie the Pooh and friends. I don't know how much space DLP actually has to expand and add new major rides but something like that wouldn't take up too much space and adds a wonderful touch of magic.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: claire2281It'd be nice if they could do this with other 'permanent' meet and greets. Like a Hundred Acre Wood one for Winnie the Pooh and friends./quote]

Oh my days that would be amazing  :cheshire_bounce:
I have always liked the look of the one in America.
Oh please please please DLRP, please let us have one :D

And one the subject of the Princesses, does anyone know if you get to meet both princesses that are out or do you only meet one ?

xx Laura  :cheshire_bounce:
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Aurora1

If you made it trough the waiting zone you`ll meet both princessess. You get to the first and after that around the corner you`ll see the other one. And you have the chance to buy the pictures right after that, before leaving the building.
Aurora1

SophieD

It does look lovely, especially as it has the same colour scheme as Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I think the Stained Glass windows look a little basic though.
I heard somewhere that during peak days there will be two princesses and during off-peak days there will only be one. :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Vala

Quote from: "Aurora1"If you made it trough the waiting zone you`ll meet both princessess. You get to the first and after that around the corner you`ll see the other one.

You are only guaranteed to meet one princess. When I lined up Sunday morning only Belle was there. A couple of families complained and the cast members were very adamant to point out that only one princess was guaranteed, if you saw two it was "a bonus."

If it's two princesses present you will meet both, but it is not guaranteed two princesses will be there.

Regarding wheelchairs the entry is through the exit doors. There's a quite steep incline in the normal waiting area which would be very hard to handle for wheelchairs. The wheelchair user that was queueing in front of me was directed to the exit and if I saw correctly the CM radioed someone to pick her up.

I was pretty sure I also had read that there were different backdrops for each princess. But this is not the case. I've been through twice - met Ariel, Mulan and Belle - and it's the same backdrop for all three. Landscape with a river and the same castle.