Princess Pavilion in Fantasyland (Now Open)

Started by Anthony, August 21, 2010, 04:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"The thing about this Princess Pavilion is, wouldn't it have been better off situated nearer Sleeping Beauty Castle? Perhaps they could've incorporated it into the Auberge de Cendrillon restaurant? That area always looks huge on satellite photos and, given how you have to spend a ton of money to get in there, perhaps it could be better utilised?
They were probably unwilling to give up dining or retail space for it and constructing a new building would have been out of the question budget-wise. The location has actually really grown on me. When you think of a lot of chateaus or palaces, they tend to often have a small lodge or countryside pavilion somewhere in the grounds. It's quite nice to have this offshoot of the castle to thread that feeling a little deeper into the land. We can't have everything situated right next to the castle, it's good to bring some interest to this area of the land.

Scissorsboi

I think there are two small additions which would set this building off perfectly, the first being to add a small flowerbed outside the front, with ivy to crawl up the wall and made the building seem like a 'secluded discovery' when you approach it, as if it's there but a secret place for the Princesses to go. The second would be to clad the exit path with a wooden 'tunnel', to further the 'lost garden' theme, then I honestly think it'd look like it's always been there, and become a truely marketable NEW experience at the park! It makes all of the other photo locations look like something from a shopping centre!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Disney_Dreamer

I love the idea of the Princess Pavilion as It gives the Princesses that well-needed permanent meet and greet area. I would love to see this as I can remember queueing around the castle for ages waiting to meet the princesses and I was never able to see the one I wanted, especially Belle.
It looks perfectly situated too. I thought it may have looked out of place by It's A Small World but to me it looks like it was already there and it makes a brilliant addition to the already beautifully themed Fantasyland

JelleP

The Princes Pavillion got it's very own wheelchair sign: //http://twitpic.com/6low0o
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

littlemermaid83

From @insideDLParis

The Princess Pavilion will have soft openings from the 30th Sept with the inaugaration (sp?) on the 8th October. Exciting stuff.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Josh

Wow! Only ten days to go! I can't wait to see the first videos of this.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

Did anyone email dlp ambassdors for invites to the Inaugaration and heard anything back?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Disneyholic

In December I'm bringing my 2 kids from Australia to DLP... We are sooo excited but worried we'll miss out on getting a pic with my daughters special princess Tiana. My almost 7 year old is called Tiarna pronounced the same... I remember the fuss we made being Disney fans when we discovered the new princess was going to share her name. My daughter kept laughing saying mummy Disney have stolen my name.... What an honor!!!
Anyway, she was bought the full Princess Tiana outfit for Christmas and on the January movie release here in Melbourne she dressed up as her own special princess and we went with friends to watch the movie.
Now, my daughters been to 3 disneylands around the world but since The Princess And the Frog was released we ve only done Hong Kong Disneyland and there's no Tiana there.
 Is there a way to Guarentee she gets her pic taken with her???

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Disneyholic"In December I'm bringing my 2 kids from Australia to DLP... We are sooo excited but worried we'll miss out on getting a pic with my daughters special princess Tiana. My almost 7 year old is called Tiarna pronounced the same... I remember the fuss we made being Disney fans when we discovered the new princess was going to share her name. My daughter kept laughing saying mummy Disney have stolen my name.... What an honor!!!
Anyway, she was bought the full Princess Tiana outfit for Christmas and on the January movie release here in Melbourne she dressed up as her own special princess and we went with friends to watch the movie.
Now, my daughters been to 3 disneylands around the world but since The Princess And the Frog was released we ve only done Hong Kong Disneyland and there's no Tiana there.
 Is there a way to Guarentee she gets her pic taken with her???

Sadly what Princesses will be out are pot luck really. You can always enquire at City hall who may call the character hotline for you to see if she will be doing meets that day.

Columbiad

The Princess Pavilion soft opened today, and it looks really neat. Here are some photos, as seen on Disney Central Plaza from chester cat:

Love that they put the castle in the middle of an Eyvind Earle artwork - it looks quite photos hoped, but the fact that they tried to put it back into the world of Eyvind Earles artwork pleases me.

I wonder if the Pavilion comes with any official backstory? What is it? A country home for the royalty? it would be interesting to see whether Imagineering coined a story to go with it.

Reiana

Wow, it really looks beautiful  :D  :thumbs:

Disney_Dreamer

It looks gorgeous. I like how they incorporated the castle into it too. It just proves that this place was meant to be for royalty.

Elaine

that is beautifully done - hmmm I wonder if I can interest my DD in going in (we usually run a mile from the Princess queued meet n greets, and this one, well you can't tell until you're in the queue how long you're going to have to wait, can you?)

david

It looks like a great, high quality addition- but the 'stain glass' château doesn't have the new colour scheme?!

CafeFantasia

@davidrsykes

Oh yes, well spotted. Epic fail on behalf of whoever did the "stained glass" inside this new pavilion. Did they not notice that massive castle has a new colour scheme?