Disney's Hotel Santa Fe refurbishment — New "Cars" touches

Started by Kristof, July 30, 2010, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Adam"I do hope that they aren't renaming the hotel. However, if they are going down that route, could they not rename it "Disney Pixar's Cars Presents Hotel Santa Fe," or similar?

What a great idea! :thumbs:

DutchBrit

Quote from: "aliscrapper"
Quote from: "Adam"I do hope that they aren't renaming the hotel. However, if they are going down that route, could they not rename it "Disney Pixar's Cars Presents Hotel Santa Fe," or similar?

What a great idea! :thumbs:

Umm, not exactly snappy though, is it?

Anthony

If it had to be renamed (and really, it doesn't) then Disney's Radiator Springs Hotel, Disney's Hotel Radiator Springs or similar would be the best option. Not too offensively heavy on the character branding; conveys the same sense of place as "Sequoia Lodge" without being as "Hotel New York" obvious. People who know and like Cars would recognise it instantly, people who don't care about Lighting McQueen wouldn't be immediately put off.

I'd be incredibly surprised if it did change, though.

penfold12

I cannot see for a minute that they would re name the hotel for two reasons....

Firstly it is not in keeping with they way they run/name hotels world wide. Even the Fab Five dont have a hotel, so would be kind of out of the blue.

Secondly, if they were to rename, surely the refurb etc would have to be so much more in-depth to even begin to warrant neming the hotel anything to do with the movie?

It would really cheapen both the hotel and movie association if they did. However this is DLRP....

JoefromSingapore

I highly doubt they are going to rename the place. But the re-theme.. and touch up is completely necessary.
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

Josh

Actually, now that I've seen the bed covers and the paintings in the rooms, I think that the theming is a bit excessive. I'd probably get tired of Cars if I stayed there for a few days. :P
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

MrsPirate

Has anyone who has been recently seen/heard anything more on this?

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

mattboywonder

Quote from: "Meph"Actually, now that I've seen the bed covers and the paintings in the rooms, I think that the theming is a bit excessive. I'd probably get tired of Cars if I stayed there for a few days. :P

I personally loved the bed covers with the Route 66 logo down the side - was tempted to "borrow" one. ;)

As someone who has actually travelled Route 66 and been to Santa Fe, I think the Cars theme goes perfectly with the Santa Fe.  I didn't find the new theming overbearing but just right.
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

benjylovesu2

Hel all, i will be staying at the santa fe hotel when i go in August 2011 and i am really looking forward to seeing the new cars theme, I am not a big fan of the film cars but i prefer it to seeing a huge bilboard with a cowboy on it. i know and understand people really like that bilboard but i just felt it had no disney magic.
thanks
ben xx
Where dreams really do come true

bethella

In October 2011 when i stay at Santa Fe for the 2nd time i personally think the 'cars' theme goes very well at this hotel, and my 3 children will love it, i think all the hotels should have a theme from one or two popular disney movies, it would certainly make the hotels more appealing to children. I cant wait to see if things have changed there  :D
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

bethella

Santa Fe has always been a 'budget' hotel, we stay there as with 5 of us we cannot afford to stay in one of the bigger hotels, but if it were myself and hubby going without kids we could afford to stay in a better hotel, so generally i think santa fe is a family hotel more than just adults staying there, so making it more child friendly themed is a good thing.  Yes the hotel being painted etc is important but we barely spend any time in the hotel/rooms, only to sleep, so we barely notice the hotel anyway, you dont go there to stay all day in a hotel, its whats going on at disney thats important.  In a recession when every company is desperate for more business then i can see why this year they are adding themes to the hotels to give them a new lease of life and more inviting again.
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

tinker_fairy

I think this is a 'wait and see' situation. The cars idea may have not been the best path to follow, but Santa fe was in desperate need of work. I know it's the cheapest, but it is definitely the cheapest looking and feeling too. Paint work old and faded, rivers that used to run the grounds all dried up. The idea is nice, but I think this hotel is going to need a lot more to raise itself to the old Disney standards. However, this cars themeing may prove to be a nice uplift for the hotel. We shall see...
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

mary

I have just returned from Santa Fe, and the hotel has definitely been "McQueened".  The bedding has been replaced with Cars theme, and Clint has been ripped down and replaced by Lightning McQueen.  Maybe the next step will be to change the rides in the play area to Cars, as many small children will expect more than just photos and bedding.

bethella

Thank goodness Clint has gone, that made the hotel look really old fashioned and unkept. Glad its having a makeover before we go  :D At least it will seem a slightly different hotel than when we went in 1993.
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

JoefromSingapore

Does anyone have a link to the updates?  :)  I think I have seen them but I have lost them!
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!