Our first trip to DLRP 13th-18th June

Started by Dorsetcandy, June 25, 2010, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"
Quote from: "loladelorean"thanks so much for sharing your trip report, it is a joy to read as i can really picture everything! your description of walking into the park made me miss the place soo much. like others, it is making me look forward to my trip although its in november so still got a bit of waiting to do.
cant wait to read the rest of your report :)
Glad your enjoying it and at least you have a trip booked!Are you counting the days yet?or is it too early?I'm just hoping don't get in trouble for writing too much about our trip as seems to be going on forever  :)

It's 130 days to go....got an iphone app for it! lol! so definitely NOT too early for a disney super geek like myself.
Don't worry your trip report isnt nearly as long as the epic one I wrote after my trip last September, I was surprised it didnt get edited i'll need to contain myself a bit better next time.
Loving every bit of yours though :)
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

tubbsy

OOH! I'd be upset if our wonderful admins edited the trip reports! I really enjoy reading them as it helps me make mental notes what to do and what not to do :lol:  (pizza planet-although I cant see Rob letting me get away with that! :lol:) !  Plus I am so swept along with yours as its your first trip :D
The room service looks really good. Yum! We've opted for Admirals Floor so that we can do breakfast in the room. Rob has special needs and I really dont like the idea of dragging him down to breakfast and competing with the bun fight (Saying that -thats what it was like in Sequoia -dont know about NPB but not taking the chance ;) )

Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"toritinker wrote:loving the update!!
    How cool are the cars you got to make!?! makes me wish I could order children's meals hahaha!!
    The salad in rainforest..wow HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!
    xx

I would order a kids meal if you want and see what they say!! :D and the salad was like a mountain,Colin took a pic when they brought it to our table and again when i really could not eat another mouthful & it still looked huge,was nice though going to see if i can recreate it somewhen this week.....just alot smaller! x

:lol: go for it Tori! I can see Steph ordering a kids meal. Hmmmmm Lunch first day me thinks?  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

hahaha  defo going to try, i never eat all the food - although saying that bf likes to eat what i leave haha!!
i could try playing the "its my birthday" card hehehe!
sorrry i cant do capital letters for some reason :s

hope you make that yummy salad soon hehe xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

ford prefect

Great trip report.  

I agree about the single lift in Newport Bay.  It is the same in Sequoia Lodge BTW.  It has always struck me as unusually bad planning for Disney
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "loladelorean"It's 130 days to go....got an iphone app for it! lol! so definitely NOT too early for a disney super geek like myself.
Don't worry your trip report isnt nearly as long as the epic one I wrote after my trip last September, I was surprised it didnt get edited i'll need to contain myself a bit better next time.
Loving every bit of yours though :)

Oooooh what iphone  app have you got? =D>
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Dorsetcandy

Hiya sorry been a few days between my report but Drew has caught chicken pox or chicken spots as the children are calling it and is quite miserable  :(  and wanting lots of cuddles when awake but at least he didn't get it before or during our trip  :D

Weds 16th June
I woke up about 6.30am feeling great after a sound sleep & was eager to get ready and do stuff but we had agreed the night before to not such an early start to the day as the day before we had found ourselves getting tired & a bit stressed which is not the way to spend your holiday!I got myself ready & topped my lanyard up with more pins and decided while everyone was still asleep to go change some travellers cheques up,wasn't sure where exactly to go so headed to the Admiral's floor desk and the cm happily changed them up for me and as was doing that spotted my lanyard & said how much she liked the UK Cinderella celebration pin as i was in such a jolly mood i said if she could find a lanyard with pins i would trade and then she could maybe trade again to get the Cinderella one!So glad i did as when she appeared with a lanyard it had the cast lanyard Boo & Robin Hood pin on so i ended up trading for 2pins(we never did see either of those pins on any lanyards in the parks) so anyone into pins it's well worth asking in the lobby if there at a quiet moment you never know what you may find  ;)

Once all ready you can see what the first stop in Disney Village was,Rhianna would of brought Aurora home with her if she could!We had decided to spend all day in the Studios so were in no real rush as thought we could probably see most of it in a day so after Rhianna had her cuddle and pic with Aurora we headed into the World of Toys to see what pins were on the lanyards  :) the nice cm from the other night was in there & came over for a chat i told him i was trying to find the latest cast pin with Baloo & Mowgli for a friend and off he went to try & find it,which i hadn't expected we found a few other pins on other cms lanyards while he was gone and Colin got a Star Wars jedi academy t-shirt and the children were happy with some sweets after we said they could have a toy later,we also found some of the pirate event pins which we decided to buy just incase we didn't see them elsewhere!He came back looking a bit sad he hadn't found the pin we were after but telling us to come back the next day and he would make an effort to find one for us...what a nice thing to do & a lovely start to the day when the cms are helpful like that it makes such a great addition to your trip  :D

Excited about our first visit to the studios of we went,definately not as many people heading in this direction as for the Disneyland Park and as was feeling so rested up i fealt alot more happy/relaxed than the previous day after heading through the gates we went to hire a buggy which for 7.90euros a day well worth it as carrying one of the kids when they got tired was starting to take it's toll & Colin found a Stitch pin on the lanyard & i found A pin with Tink & Marie on  :) we decided to grab a hot drink & a Mickey doughnut and the children had juice & a doughnut before heading into the studios for a proper look was nice just to sit & watch the other people going by & take in our surroundings the children liked the flying carpet!So we headed outside not knowing really what we were going to do first strolling in the direction of the Production Courtyard the kids got excited as they saw some characters including 2 they had been asking to see Daisy & Donald! :D

Meeting the characters was a lot less of a scrum than in the disneyland park each character had a cm with them & as it wasn't so busy people seemed more happy to wait for there turn!There were quite a few characters dotted around but seeing that a showing of Stitch Live in English was only a 10min wait we decided to join the queue with only 1family in front of us  :) we started chatting with them and Rhianna & thier daughter were holding hands and comparing shoes and talking about Disney in no time where as us adults were saying how the queues etc were fine and we hadn't had that long to wait for anything but that the thought of coming in peak season didn't appeal to us,the show was great really got the audience involved,although i'm very glad Stitch didn't decide to pick on me!All i can say is i could of sat through a longer show than it was young & old seemed to really enjoy it and are kids were giggling and joining in!
 Was quite a while to the next showing of Playhouse disney which is right next door so we decided to walk on to see some more we took in the Rock n Roller coaster & Narnia chair but the children didn't want to go sit in it or go singing in the rain,Colin & Rhianna decided to go on Armageddon and myself & Drew went and looked at the stunt cars and the few carts selling good quite liking Stitch in his tower of terror outfit,we found where the exit to Armageddon was and the wind machine which kept Drew happy while we waited,i was a bit apprehensive after seeing a few grouos exit & kids in tears as they came out but i didn't need to worry Rhianna came out smiling and telling me about rocks & fire!

Drew didn't seem quite his usual self today and seemed to want to stay in the buggy and just look around at what was going on,knowing that Colin was desperate to go on Tower of Terror we headed in that direction and i was quite expecting to go find a show or somewhere to sit with both the children while he went on the ride but no Rhianna wanted to do it too!!! :shock:

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "tubbsy"OOH! I'd be upset if our wonderful admins edited the trip reports! I really enjoy reading them as it helps me make mental notes what to do and what not to do :lol:  (pizza planet-although I cant see Rob letting me get away with that! :lol:) !  Plus I am so swept along with yours as its your first trip :D
The room service looks really good. Yum! We've opted for Admirals Floor so that we can do breakfast in the room. Rob has special needs and I really dont like the idea of dragging him down to breakfast and competing with the bun fight (Saying that -thats what it was like in Sequoia -dont know about NPB but not taking the chance ;) )

Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"toritinker wrote:loving the update!!
    How cool are the cars you got to make!?! makes me wish I could order children's meals hahaha!!
    The salad in rainforest..wow HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!
    xx

I would order a kids meal if you want and see what they say!! :D and the salad was like a mountain,Colin took a pic when they brought it to our table and again when i really could not eat another mouthful & it still looked huge,was nice though going to see if i can recreate it somewhen this week.....just alot smaller! x

:lol: go for it Tori! I can see Steph ordering a kids meal. Hmmmmm Lunch first day me thinks?  :D

Hiya Tubbsy i would recommend both the room service on Admirals floor & opting for breakfast in the room,it's 10euros extra per room & you have an option of cooked breakfast for 6.50per person but unless you get the very first sitting at 7am for brekkie you will very likely be in quite a long queue to be seated to have your breakfast as most days the queue for breakfast would be in the way of people exiting the hotel to head for the parks!The other thing we did a few times was to eat elsewhere(yes we had in effect paid for breakfest at the hotel) but for us trips away are about enjoying the time we have together the deli/sandwich place in Disney village(open from 9am) did crepes for 2.50 & a doughnut & hot drink for about 4euros and eggs & toast & drink for about 5 i had crepes there which were lovely  :)

Tori let us know how you get on with ordering a kids meal...we will all be doing it if allowed  :)

Donna

Brilliant trip report!!!   =D>

Looks like the little ones had an amazing time and  looking forward to the next installment :D  :D

toritinker

fantastic update, I can really feel the enthusiasm and excitement of your first trip!!!!!!
I too love Aurora and can't wait to have my pic taken like your lil girl!!! :D
Love the character photos :D
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Dorsetcandy

I was worried about how Rhianna would react to Tower of Terror as i'm not great with heights alot of the time i use lifts instead of escalators/stairs so was worried she would be truamatised by it lol

No need to worry  :D she did say she screamed alot but said it was fun!alot of people couldn't believe she was actually going on it and rather her than me i sat on a bench opposite the entrance as Drew was taking a nap in the buggy,while there a cm approached with a survey to do with our experience which i was happy to help with by the time Colin & Rhianna had appeared it was only about 20mins until Stars & Cars so we headed in that direction and decided to go back to the Tower of Terror shop after that to collect the pics(shown above) & see what other goodies they had!

While waiting for the parade we got talking to a family who as it turned out had been in Stitch Live earlier in the day with us and thier daughter Charlotte had been chosen by Stitch she was so pleased about it & we found out they would be on the same flight to Bristol as us on the way back so we knew there would be a few friendly faces at the airport!Time for the parade,it was great but where we had stood wasn't the best spot we will know better in future but Rhianna was happy enough & even Drew had woken up and was making an attempt to join in although he was very unsteady on his feet,well worth watching and now i have got home i wish i had bought all the pins that depict the stars & cars!

We said goodbye to the other family and headed to the shop photos,keyrings,magnet,t-shirts,postcards & a few pins later headed to the till and we found yet another unexpected item a lanyard with medal from the Pirate event for 15euros we asked how many they had unfortunately only 1 plus the display one which we were happy to have shame as we know lots of ppl who would of loved one but we were  :D Drew seemed very sleepy today so we headed to Cars and Magic carpets both of which were enjoyed by all Drew definately likes the spinning rides as he was giggling all the way through,i was loving the Studios only thing is you have to really plan your day/timings to catch all the shows and with 2 under 5 it just wasn't that easy we did however time the tram tour well and as we stood waiting the children were quite excited and us too of course,unfortunately the tv in our part of the tram wasn't working so we missed out on that,i enjoyed seeing items from various films and being amongst the water was great the children only looked worried for a brief amount of time and were then grinning again,fascinated by the thought of a dragon being nearby and looking eagerly for it....wow those flames are hot wasn't expecting the heat to be that intense!Another ride i'd happily do again & again we saw the building of the Toy Story section not sure how/what the looping roller coaster looking part is going to be but i wasn't alone in saying looked like a ride that wasn't for me! :) but can't wait to go back & see it all finished!

What i really liked with the rides was the theming present in the queues & approaching the rides always well done and actually i found myself wanting to take my time getting to the rides to try & take it all in!
Omg nearly forgot just before we went on through radiator springs we saw Buzz was nearby and we went and said hello & got a pic obviously through his space ranger outfit he couldn't speak but he pointed to our lanyards & gave us the thumbs up and then looked at the pins b4 giving another  :thumbs:

Both the children were acting pretty tired today so we decided to go back to the hotel for a bit so they could have a bath and a rest and we would see how we were all feeling later on,on getting back the children started to play with a Lilo & Stitch playset and before we knew it they had both fallen asleep,i said i was fine staying with them and Colin headed off to investigate Hotel New York which he liked the look of(think i know where we will be staying next time we go) i fell asleep for a bit aswell & when i awoke Colin said he was pleased i had cause he had been quite a while and had wandered round Hotel New York,the lake and Disney Village and had made a reservation for us at the Blue Lagoon for the next day at 5pm,i was really looking forward to it but having mentioned food i realised i was hungry so we all got ourselves sorted out and headed to Disney Village planning to see how busy Planet Hollywood was but not knowing if we would get a table or not!

Again we got shown to a table straight away(no pics from inside i'm afraid  :( )we were as interested in taking in the surroundings as looking at the menu Colin went for a seafood pasta,i had salmon and the children had a croque monseuir(i have prob spealt that wrong) meal was all nice food and the children had colouring sheet,crayons and a kinder chocolate aswell as thier main & pudding i wouldn't let them have the chocolate straight away as they had just had pancakes with nutella and said they could have it later/tomorrow.It is great to be able to now say we have eaten as a family at Planet Hollywood but this is another one i wouldn't be eager to return to as it was the most expensive meal of the trip,the food was good but nothing outstanding,we headed back to the hotel all weary but having had an enjoyable day & looking forward to the next day/our last full day in the park!

I love this picture,Colin took it on our way back to the hotel and brings back so many super memories!

tubbsy

Lovely report-interesting to hear what you thought of Planet Hollywood-not a restaurant top of my list to visit.
Cant believe Rhianna went on TOT, I'm too scared to go on! :lol: You do know you're making a rod for your own back there-she'll be wanting the faster spinning coasters in no time! :lol:
And i love that last photo, stunning.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "tubbsy"Lovely report-interesting to hear what you thought of Planet Hollywood-not a restaurant top of my list to visit.
Cant believe Rhianna went on TOT, I'm too scared to go on! :lol: You do know you're making a rod for your own back there-she'll be wanting the faster spinning coasters in no time! :lol:
And i love that last photo, stunning.
Hiya Tubbsy glad your enjoying the report  :) i kind of knew Rhianna would love the faster rides as we went to Alton Towers last year she wasn't even 3 then and was upset cause she wanted to do the bigger rides but wasn't allowed at least Colin can take her on,it may become more of a problem if/when Drew likes them too can see me having to do stuff i really don't want to lol

As for Planet Hollywood the food & the service was good,i think it was the fact it was the most expensive meal of the trip & the atmosphere/experience wasn't as good as others we had and obviously there are many more places to eat we didn't get to try this time round that will be top of our list next time,but that being said it was one myself & Colin both wanted to try on our first visit

Laura678

I love your trip report! I was there from June 14th-17th!
The last picture is amazing and your kids are adorable!!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

disneylandparisgirl

I'm really enjoying your trip report! The first trip is really special, mine was when I was 9.
I love your pictures and your kids are so cute!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

DisneyMAD..Woops

Quote from: "disneylandparisgirl"I'm really enjoying your trip report! The first trip is really special, mine was when I was 9.
I love your pictures and your kids are so cute!

I agree, I really enjoy reading trip reports, I first went to disneyland on the 5th anniversary when I was only just 1 years old and I'm really annoyed that I can't remember anything. I know it was special though. I'm going to disneyland for the 6th time in 4 weeks for my birthday. I can't wait!  :D/ I just pray that the weather's going to be good because all of the recent trip reports I have read have said that it's been raining  [-o<
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest