Our first trip to DLRP 13th-18th June

Started by Dorsetcandy, June 25, 2010, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetcandy

Day One-Sunday 13th June
Most of today was to be taken up with travelling,we were combining our first trip to DLRP with the childrens first experience of flying,so it was off to Bristol airport as although Exeter is closer to our home the flights from there were nearly double the price as those from Bristol  :o

We had been told of a parking service who meet you at Tall Pines golf club near the airport & drive you in your car to the drop off point,what a bonus this was a lot less stressfull and a bargain price of £25 for Sun-Fri much cheaper than airport parking,the service was friendly and efficient & the driver even gave us £2 for a luggage trolley when we found we had no change,would highly recomend this for anyone travelling anywhere from Bristol airport!
 Wasn't sure if i was allowed to post details of the car parking service in my report,if someone could let me know that would be great & anyone wanting the info please feel free to message me  :)

So we got through check-in/security without too much hassle other than causing an elderly couple to complain that our children were allowed thier milk bottles & they were not allowed thier juice drinks(we did have to taste the milk,i guess to prove it wasn't anything bad) the whole boarding went very well despite another passenger informing us we could go to front of que as we had small children which surely should of been the Easy Jet staffs job we have said thier service was fine for a short flight but no way we would go long distances with them!

In no time at all we were at Charles De Gualle airport collecting our luggage & being met by our taxi driver,having worked out the price for 4of us to get the coach we decided for the comfort/lack of stress paying a few more euros was worth it,with a 2 & 3yr old it definately was,the drive took about 45mins and then we saw our first glimpse of the Earffiel Tower and the studios then there was our hotel....the Newport Bay which looked amazing it was about 8pm by this point,after reading some posts on forums i was surprised the lobby was quiet & we went straight to the Admirals Floor desk where we were checked in straight away,and the children liked standing on the steps to get a good look at what was going on which was a nice touch!Although the Disneyland Park was open til 10pm we had decided not to attempt it that night instead to take bags to our room,freshen up & head to Disney Village to get something to eat,we didn't have to wait long for a lift(there were 5 up to the rooms) it did however take us a few attempts to find our room...i put this down to the travelling lol.

So freshened up,we headed to Disney Village,after taking a few wrong turns and having to ask which way as there are no obvious signs how to exit the hotel to get there,you needed to go down a flight of stairs to the restaurant level and head out of double doors between the 2restaurants,but be warned if you have a buggy or anyone who can't manage stairs there is only 1lift to this level and its not big myself and the single buggy only just fitted!This was one of the things mentioned on the Pluto ?form i filled in as i fealt a hotel with 1000+ rooms needed more than this or at least some ramps put in!

The walk from Newport Bay was stunning around the lake on a lovely evening and the kids got very excited about the balloon,it was a nice stroll but we were in need of food although we did have a quick stop at the statues of Aurora & Phillip outside world of toys and the children had a go on the remote control cars,while i did my first pin trade of the trip with one of the cms keeping an eye on the children i got Magical Mickeys Party balloon pin which i thought was nice!

We decided on King Ludwig's castle after the kids wanted to go in there and it was somewhere we had wanted to eat at some point,pleasantly surprised we had no wait for a table and were quite near the knight centrepiece which Rhianna & Drew loved the back of thier menus were colouring sheets and they were happy,our drink orders were taken very promptly and we were given bit more time to make our food choice,Colin's beer was huge so be warned large is xxl i had a cocktail but it was really strong and i couldn't drink it even after i swigged a fair amount and topped up with some of the kids juice!

We ordered a childrens burger meal,childrens macaroni cheese they got a choice of drink and pudding they went for chocolate mousse which was in a biscuit base and looked really yummy,Colin had a mix of sausage & other meat with sauerkraut(sorry i know that is spelled wrong) & i had a mix of fish,with sauce & sauerkraut,we all really enjoyed it,the service and food were good and we have said we would go back there on a future visit!
http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx95 ... ne%202010/

dagobert

Thanks for your trip report and the pictures. I can't wait for the other days!

tubbsy

Lovely trip report and photos :D Getting me excited for my trip x

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ford prefect

Fab report, looking forward to reading the rest!

Great photos, you all looked so happy!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Donna

Great start Sam!!!! looking forward to the rest :)

Dorsetcandy

Thanks for your comments,i'm enjoying doing the report although it may take a while,as it was our first trip i'm getting bit carried away  :D and i may well do some days in 2parts having got back i have realised just how much we managed to do some days with a 2 & 3yr old!!

Dorsetcandy

Day 2-Monday 14th June
Well having got back to our room just gone Midnight and having a 7am slot for breakfast we didn't get much sleep but we were all quite chirpy considering but then it was going to be our first ever day in a Disney park  :D  :thumbs:
We were some of the first to make it down to breakfast so it was quiet,although alot of the tables seemed to be reserved,none of us really ate much and were eager to go bk to grab all the stuff we thought we may need for the day,rainjackets,money,lanyards and a change of outfits for the children,as we were heading back we noticed Mickey was to be in the lobby at 8am so decided to see how busy it was when we came back down,as it was fairly quiet at present!Was so excited about the first chance to see a character!

Our first meeting with Mickey,much to my dissapointment Drew had decided not to dress up and be a bit stroppy,but he is nearly 3 so it is to be expected,Rhianna choose her Cinderella outfit to wear and looked lovely,there were probably about 7families ahead of us waiting to see Mickey and cms from the hotel shop were keeping the que orderly so we were happy to wait and get pictures and our first autograph of the holiday  :D i would advise anyone wanting to get signatures to find the thickest pen you can find and your have your autograph book with you all the time and asap after your arrival as characters can pop up unexpectedly,do try and take a thick pen over with you as htey seemed in short supply around the resort and with hands the size of Mickey & others biros are just no good!

Well what a happy start to the day not even 8.30am yet so off we headed to the park to try and make the most of the magic hours we had heard so much about,deciding to walk we took in the views around the lake and strolled through Disney Village with the children wanting to stop and pose with statues/cut outs along the way it took a while!

Dorsetcandy

Finally made it through Disney Village for our first experience of the train station,lots of people heading the same way and lots of vendors which was annoying,we just ignored them & luckily the kids seemed uninterested in the scary looking dogs and dancing cows!Lots of people were heading for the entrance but not as bad as i thought it may have been and there was someone at each gate to check your bags as you entered,so if you can unzip all compartments as you head for the gates it saves time and before we knew it we were looking to the Disney Hotel in front and the gates of the Studios to our left rather than struggling with the kids to get pictures we decided to head straight into the parks,heading in the direction others were we started to head under one of the Disney hotel walkways to see Smee walking across waving at those of us below  :D an added bonus,big grins on the childrens faces as we headed round to the turnstyles which you needed your tickets for,there was a cm at every one though helping those having problems or with buggies and Rhianna spotted a Minnie pin one cm was wearing on her lanyard so out came the pins and the first trade of the day was done  :) and from that point the lanyards remained on our necks most of the stay expect while eating & asleep as the opportunities for trading were everywhere as most cast seemed to have lanyards and we found as long as you approached them nicely and asked to see the lanyard properly all were willing to take time out from whatever task they were doing  :D   :thumbs:

We were in Disneyland Park for the first time ever  :D/  Wow what a feeling we had seen pictures and video clips but nothing prepares you for the emotions you feel when you first enter Main Street but i'm sure you all remember it!Trying to take in the sights and sounds at the same time as not getting in peoples way is not easy & then you see the castle for the first time...stunning,it was truly a magical moment for all of us we avoided the lure of trying to get a pic as was bit busy with the children to deal with aswell & decided to head to Discoveryland and our first ride of the trip!It was busy but not stupidly so although we could already imagine how the ques could build up at busier times of the year we headed to Buzz's laser Blast and Drew perked up jumping out of the buggy he had been in,took no time at all to reach the ride and the artwork along the way is fun,anyone with smaller children who havn't visited before be warned alot of the rides including this have a moving walkway you need to step on to get onto the ride and seated we found picking the children up and placing them on the seat was easieist and it is a bit of a shock if not expecting it but easy to get used to,which is good as most rides you get on and off via these moving walkways!

To infinity and beyond,for the next few minutes we were space rangers,shooting at Buzz's enemies and enjoying every second  :D  and a huge thanks to the guy in the car in front who gestured to show me you could use the joystick/control thing to move your vechile around as i wouldn't have got as good a score!And it took a while for Colin to realise which meant on this occasion my score was better than his  :) We all loved it and were very tempted to have another go straight away but no to keep Colin in a good mood we decided to walk round Discoveryland and see what else there was there/get our bearings and all important see where Star Tours was!We passed Space Mountain hearing the screams from inside  :shock:  not my sort of ride and saw the Nautilus found that Captain EO was indeed definately back,a store called Star Traders which we would no doubt be visiting several times and off Colin went pushing Drew in front and forgetting Rhianna was trying to keep up..he had spotted Star Tours and there was no stopping him lol it wasn't open yet but it was almost like he was checking it really was there!We took a few pictures and decided we would be back later and i could go to Videopolis with Drew while him & Rhianna rode Star Tours fine by me  :D now to head back to Fantasyland & the castle!!

davewasbaloo

I am really loving your trip report, it sounds like you were having a great time (though you did miss a really gem in Star Tours, at least the queueline). I am looking forward to reading the rest.

The biggest compliment I can give you, is I can sometimes get a little jaded about DLP, and our trip earlier this month was my 55th. But you have made me want to go and rebook and get back there.

Can't wait to see the rest of the report. Welcome home.
since 2001 (many before that)

toritinker

thanks for your trip report so far!!! loving it!!!
I never knew about turning the cars on buzz either until a woman told us hehe.
Seems like you had a truely magical trip, made me all excited!
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

ford prefect

I am just planning our 30th visit to DLP and I have to agree with Dave.  Your report is reminding me why I love DLP so much.

To see it afresh is brilliant.  Thank you.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I am really loving your trip report, it sounds like you were having a great time (though you did miss a really gem in Star Tours, at least the queueline). I am looking forward to reading the rest.

The biggest compliment I can give you, is I can sometimes get a little jaded about DLP, and our trip earlier this month was my 55th. But you have made me want to go and rebook and get back there.

Can't wait to see the rest of the report. Welcome home.
Thanks for your compliment  :) 55trips!Wow i only hope we can visit that many times it's nice to be home,but i find myself investigating prices of future trips already & next time hoping we can all go on Star Tours or at least wait in the queue as you have suggested.

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "toritinker"thanks for your trip report so far!!! loving it!!!
I never knew about turning the cars on buzz either until a woman told us hehe.
Seems like you had a truely magical trip, made me all excited!
xx
Glad your enjoying the report,seems we both had helpful people on the ride with us  :D and my score would of been shocking if i hadn't known about turning the car  :oops:

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "ford prefect"I am just planning our 30th visit to DLP and I have to agree with Dave.  Your report is reminding me why I love DLP so much.

To see it afresh is brilliant.  Thank you.
No need to thank me it's nice to have like minded people to share my trip with....there have been a few people i know who have visited and said they had done everything there was to do in 3days!How they managed this is beyond me..unless they have some powers i don't know about or a time machine!

I hope planning your 30th trip is going well,i will plan a bit better next time (as much as is possible with young children)

Dorsetcandy

Had to share this one..if only i could do a speech bubble with Rhianna saying "wait for me Daddy"

We headed to Fantasyland and the castle,Drew kept drifting between being really interested & sprawling in the buggy,Rhianna was eager to get there so when we entered the arch under the castle and saw the stairs going up it was me and her that ventured up as Colin waited,i'm not great with heights but the beautiful surroundings and things to see were more important and Rhianna seemed right at home,we took our time looking at the different windows & sculptures,the spinning wheel and by the time we had looked round the upper floor Colin & Drew had appeared so we went round again,Drew's favourite was the snoring suit of armour/knight and Rhianna's was probably the changing window which made her gasp first time she saw it happen! :thumbs:

With all of us there we ventured outside onto the walk round bit and had a lovely view...i noticed the sweetie shop,then headed down the steps to what we knew was heading to the dragon's lair we carried the children as Rhianna was finding the spiral stairs difficult in her Cinderella dress & it was a bit dark but once down there they loved the dragon & got excited when it started breathing smoke,Drew really loved it and i may of missed it when in the shops but would of loved to buy him a really nice dragon plush or toy will definately have to look out for one next time we visit!