Our first trip to DLRP 13th-18th June

Started by Dorsetcandy, June 25, 2010, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

You are making me excited to just think im there in october!!!10 days of pure heaven hehe :D  I will have to make a trip report when I come back as i Didnt make one for my first trip. But I can tell you it was AMAZING!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Dorsetcandy

Continuing around Fantasyland Drew suddenly announced he wanted a tea party so we headed towards where we thought the Alice stuff would be,we could see some of the characters poking through the maze but that was not yet open..it was still early so the Mad hatters Teacups it was,not sure of anyones reaction to this but heh had to try it at least once!

Drew is unsure before the ride starts!

Ok no need to worry about this ride the kids are giggling like mad which is making us giggle too!We came off the ride & Drew wanted to do it again straight away after promising we would do it later (at some point before we went home of course) we saw the teapot and the doormouse pop out of the top which was quite amusing as a family had perched there daughter on top of the spout for what they thought was a perfect photo only for her to start screaming about the mouse! :lol:  i apologise in advance if it was anyone reading this but from an onlookers point of view it was very amusing even our children laughed!

We then saw the chairs near Alice's Curious Labyrinth and couldn't pass on the photo esp as there was only one family in front of us waiting & we had our first chance to help someone with thier photos by taking a pic of them all  :)

Then on to the ride i know Colin had been dreading....It's a Small World!For some reason he got it in his head the dolls are scary looking and it didn't help when someone we know said the boats broke down and they were stuck in Thailand for about 15minns with them singing away i thought it was amusing he went quite pale  :D it took us longer to walk to where the boats are than to actually get loaded on a boat,i really wouldn't want to stand in a queue that long and off we went on our little boat trip round the world,the kids grinning the whole way round and Colin not saying much yes the song sticks in your head but i found it quite cute and a way of introducing many different cultures to children,ours already know a few but lots of new countries we now may get some books from library about.

It all went fine and Colin didn't have a panic attack,but it was a definate NO when i asked if we should go straight on again as there was no queue and Drew especially seemed to love it.

We were starting to feel a bit hungry although it was still fairly early but decided to head to Adventureland and Pirates of the Caeibbean ride before heading out to Disney Village for lunch and so glad that we did after us all taking in the really fab skull and whole pirate island theme we found only a 5min wait for the ride and most of that was the walk from the entrance to where the boats were loading,this was one we had all been looking forward to and it didn't dissapoint...although i didn't realise there were dips and Colin was giggling like mad after the first my face must of been a picture all the scenes were fab and we recognised some from pins we had at home already or ones that were wanted  :)  anyone who dosn't already know us we are very keen pin collectors and find it a great hobby the whole family can take part in!

Despite the dips i was keen to do the ride again before we left and we definately decided to eat at the Blue Lagoon one day aswell it looked a really nice setting and in the shop on the way out while looking around we did a few more pin trades with cast and bought a few things and there in a display cabinet was a pin from the last pin event in April that we had really wanted to go to but work schedule wouldn't allow a gorgeous Tink pin as a pirate in a wooden chest saying 'Pirates of the Caribbean pin hunt event le of 600 and date of the event' well of course we had to buy one and if i didn't find another pin i really liked the whole trip i was happy with that one even if it was nearly 30euros  :D

So off we went to Disney Village to get some lunch taking in the sights and sounds of the Disneyland park as we went!

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "dlrpmad"You are making me excited to just think im there in october!!!10 days of pure heaven hehe :D  I will have to make a trip report when I come back as i Didnt make one for my first trip. But I can tell you it was AMAZING!!
Heh Sean i'm excited about our next trip and we havn't even booked yet or know when it is lol and i look forward to reading a trip report after you have been in Oct,Halloween is a time of year i'd love to visit but probably when the children are slightly older

dlrpmad

Halloween is absolutely brilliant!!! The music is fantastic, the characters are in costumes and it's really a great atmosphere!! I still haven't put all the pics up on facebook lol! I want to go to the Disney parks at least 50 times on my life, If I could afford it! I'd love to go to dlrp for the 20th aniversary!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

loladelorean

thanks so much for sharing your trip report, it is a joy to read as i can really picture everything! your description of walking into the park made me miss the place soo much. like others, it is making me look forward to my trip although its in november so still got a bit of waiting to do.
cant wait to read the rest of your report :)
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "loladelorean"thanks so much for sharing your trip report, it is a joy to read as i can really picture everything! your description of walking into the park made me miss the place soo much. like others, it is making me look forward to my trip although its in november so still got a bit of waiting to do.
cant wait to read the rest of your report :)
Glad your enjoying it and at least you have a trip booked!Are you counting the days yet?or is it too early?I'm just hoping don't get in trouble for writing too much about our trip as seems to be going on forever  :)

Aveen2008

Absolutely brilliant report and photos so far, really enjoying it and can't wait to read more!! I feel like I am there with you and it's making me want to go right now! :P  ;)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Dorsetcandy

As we were heading for Disney village we got to see the party train for first time so we were all making Choo Choo noises as we headed for Rainforest cafe for lunch,it was very quiet in Disney Village which was nice and we got shown to a table straight away once the children had finished looking at the fish tanks and we got sat right near an elephant,the children loved it

The children had a nice colouring booklet and crayons to keep them busy although they were just mesmirised by the elephant alot of the time and both chose burger & chips we didn't really mind what they had this week as we tend to eat well at home,myself and Colin had a starter to share with chicken wings,breaded cheese,quesilidas,prawn crackers and a potato/egg combo with salsa & gucamole which was nice i'd chosen a salad for my main & Colin had gone for a steak.

:shock: the salad was huge no way i could eat that even if i hadn't had a starter,there were crispy noodles,prawns,avacado,pineapple,lettuce,salmon and some other extras in it very nice but way too big a portion,Colin said he didn't really like the potato thing that came with the steak & the steak wasn't as gr8 as he had hoped,the kids loved theres and as a pudding had chocolate mousse which was in an edible wafer basket and topped with smarties it was an ok meal and the kids loved the surroundings but for the price we paid for what we had i think we will give this a miss next time we go or maybe just pop in for a pudding and a drink if the children really want to go back.

We were all feeling full and bit tired and decided to go to Woodys roundup village to meet a few more characters and then maybe head to the hotel for a rest.As we were waiting to see the first character Goofy it started raining quite heavy and our jackets were under the buggy outside  :( so we all got a bit wet but it cleared up again quickly & all was forgotten when we saw Goofy,Minnie,Mickey,Woody & Jessie we got a pic of the children with all of them and thier autographs  :thumbs:

We also saw Scrooge in this bit too which was a nice surprise,by the time we exited the weather was looking dodgy & Drew was very sleepy so we decided to head for the hotel although on reaching Fantasyland Rhianna decided she wanted to go on more rides and so it was agreed that Colin went back with Drew and i'd do a few rides with Rhianna before we also headed back,seemed wierd queueing on our own for Casey Jnr and it was one of the longest queues we had been in and then the heavens opened the rain started & it poured down  :cry:  and there were a few claps of thunder we stayed in the queue and hoped for the best but it didn't seem to be easing off & just as we neared the top of the steps the ride was closed and we all had to find our way out back the way we came,Rhianna was wet and upset but i promised her we would go on it when weather was better and some sweets on the way back to meet Daddy & Drew which calmed her down.

Such a shame but can't help the weather we made what seemed to be an even longer walk back to the park entrance in the rain but by time we got there it was clearing up again and becoming warm but i needed to head for the hotel we stopped in the boutique before exiting the park to get sweets as promised and glad we did as i got 2cast lanyard pins and Rhianna picked a lovely Marie pin with a jewel so both happy!I avoided the temptation of stores in Disney Village and headed for Newport Bay and our room and a much needed rest...the boys were both sound asleep & after having some milk Rhianna was aswell i took much longer to settle but soon we were all having a much deserved rest.

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Absolutely brilliant report and photos so far, really enjoying it and can't wait to read more!! I feel like I am there with you and it's making me want to go right now! :P  ;)
Hiya Aveen,hope your well havn't spoken for a while there will be plenty more to read as only on Monday and we were there til Fri but we did cram alot into first day maybe too much looking back but nevermind...any news on when you may be going back?or has passing ur driving test/getting a car meant no trip in near future?

toritinker

love the update to your trip report, especially the bit about drew on the tea cups hahahahaha!
Glad you managed to get so much pin trading done...
looking forward to even more hehe..
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "toritinker"love the update to your trip report, especially the bit about drew on the tea cups hahahahaha!
Glad you managed to get so much pin trading done...
looking forward to even more hehe..
xx
We traded lots of pins without making it our main priority which was great and the majority of cm's were lovely about trading and were pleasantly surprised when we let them choose whichever pin they wanted from our lanyards,made us think most of the time they are just handed a pin it was nice to see them showing off thier new pins to fellow cm's and the Up balloon pins seemed to dissappear as soon as we put them on our lanyards,Rhianna traded as many pins as i did on the trip and has them on a canvas now  :)

Dorsetcandy

Conclusion of Monday 14th June
I got a bit of much needed rest but i'm quite a light sleeper normally and woke up way before the others i tried to entertain myself with the tv,and looking through park info & sorting pins but was soon feeling bit bored & wanting to go do stuff!Drew woke first and we played with his Stitch playset for a while and did some colouring by 7pm decided time to wake the others...easier said than done but realising the time Colin got a bit more motivated & Rhianna perked up when i said we would go outside!

The parks were shut by this time but Disney Village was calling and we hadn't had a proper look round the shops,my purse fealt lighter already  ;) As i thought Rhianna insisted in another pic with the Aurora statue and we headed into World of Toys what a great range of stuff it was overwhelming!Lots to look at and so different to the UK stores and cm's seemed to all be wearing lanyards  :) what fun we satarted talking to one cm who was commenting on how nice the pins on our lanyards were and how it was nice to be able to choose,he had worked in the US for a while & seemed quite interested in pins and had a lovely jack skellington st patricks day one on his tie,he said to make sure we came back to trade again we said we definately would as were staying til Fri.lots of lovely pins a fair few Colin was buying i was holding back on core pins until i saw what LE pins i could find around the park as the core pins seemed available most places although Cheshire Cat seemed bit harder to find so grabbed a cpl of those.
We wandered through to the clothing store,made such a nice change to see so many items for adults compared to the UK!Then although we had been stuffed after leaving Rainforest cafe we decided to head for Annettes.

We hadn't booked but again got shown straight to a table upstairs quite a nice booth,and looked at the menu i couldn't face anything too much so decided on nachos & a peanut butter shake,children chose nuggetts & burger meal and Colin went for a Chilli burger,the kids menu were on a bit of card you could make into a car which kept them entertained until the meal came,made a nice change to colouring & thier meals came on a frisbee which they could keep too  :D

The service was friendly and although when we got the bill they had charged for a drink we hadn't had we said to sort it out and keep the difference as part of the tip which they were fine with and it saved us hanging around too long as anyone with young children know they can start being silly in restaurant/cafes and this was one of those times for ours!We took a leisurely stroll back to the hotel,buying Drew a Stitch spinner toy and Rhianna a Minnie one and a few postcards on the way.

The children settled quite well & me and Colin decided we would head to Peter Pans Flight as first ride in the morning and that we wouldn't go to breakfast at the hotel as the children were not keen to eat that early & if we ate later it was alot busier/would miss out on some of the Magic hours benefits that was extent of decision making for now as Colin had already nearly fallen asleep,he runs a bar and is not used to early starts as i only work 3days a week i do most of the early mornings with the children!

tubbsy

Really loving your report-I can really feel your excitement :D My Dh thinks I am mad because I am already deciding which pins we'll be taking with us to trade :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Absolutely brilliant report and photos so far, really enjoying it and can't wait to read more!! I feel like I am there with you and it's making me want to go right now! :P  ;)
Hiya Aveen,hope your well havn't spoken for a while there will be plenty more to read as only on Monday and we were there til Fri but we did cram alot into first day maybe too much looking back but nevermind...any news on when you may be going back?or has passing ur driving test/getting a car meant no trip in near future?

Hey huni, great installment for the monday!! I love annettes, its fab!! The kids are so adorable too, was meant to write that in my last post hehe!

I am hoping to go in October for Halloween if I can afford it, I am just not sure if I will be able to afford it but i really hope so and your fab report makes me want to go even more!! :)

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

never2old

Thank you so much for your trip report, it really feels like you're taking us all along with you!! It's making me want to go back so much!!! The first visit is really special, and it looks like you guys had a great time.

Fab pictures too  :D

Looking forward to lots more!!