Our first trip to DLRP 13th-18th June

Started by Dorsetcandy, June 25, 2010, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey-claire

great report hun, love reading them gets me all excited lol, i kinda get the whole scary doll thing, they kinda creep me out too, dont know what it is lol, look forward to reading the rest  :belle: xx
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "tubbsy"Really loving your report-I can really feel your excitement :D My Dh thinks I am mad because I am already deciding which pins we'll be taking with us to trade :D
We started buying pins from the UK as soon as we knew we were goinng to dlrp and storing them in Mickey & Minnie biscuit tins seperate from our other traders so we knew we would have plenty for our trip a mix of core £3 pins and celebration £5 and LEs £7 we only really traded core and a few celebration onto lanyards although i gave an LE pin to an especially helpful and chatty cm in Dsiney Village

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "Dorsetcandy"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Absolutely brilliant report and photos so far, really enjoying it and can't wait to read more!! I feel like I am there with you and it's making me want to go right now! :P  ;)
Hiya Aveen,hope your well havn't spoken for a while there will be plenty more to read as only on Monday and we were there til Fri but we did cram alot into first day maybe too much looking back but nevermind...any news on when you may be going back?or has passing ur driving test/getting a car meant no trip in near future?

Hey huni, great installment for the monday!! I love annettes, its fab!! The kids are so adorable too, was meant to write that in my last post hehe!

I am hoping to go in October for Halloween if I can afford it, I am just not sure if I will be able to afford it but i really hope so and your fab report makes me want to go even more!! :)

Aveen xxx
The kids are adorable most of the time..lol today however has been hard work!
Hope you do make it over for Halloween,we are waiting a while before visiting at Halloween thinking a trip in Dec/early Jan to see the Xmas decs would be nice,will do some more of the report 2moz  :)
 Sam xx

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "never2old"Thank you so much for your trip report, it really feels like you're taking us all along with you!! It's making me want to go back so much!!! The first visit is really special, and it looks like you guys had a great time.

Fab pictures too  :D

Looking forward to lots more!!
Thanks i'm enjoying reliving the trip through the report & it's gr8 so many of you are enjoying reading it!We will never forget this trip,we could of maybe taken more photos but didn't want to feel the camera was attatched to us all the time and yes we had a fab time,a few little moans but overall  :thumbs: for dlrp and this will be the first trip of many hopefully  :D

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: stacey-clairegreat report hun, love reading them gets me all excited lol, i kinda get the whole scary doll thing, they kinda creep me out too, dont know what it is lol, look forward to reading the rest  :belle: xx

Lol @ you getting the scary dolls thing i vagurly remember some film when was younger but it never really got to me as some people have described/used comparison to the It's a small world dolls!
 Not too long to wait til your next trip  :) x

bensmum

Brilliant trip report. Gald you all had such a good time and that you are planning another trip. I had forgotten that when we stayed at the NBC there was at least one conference going on which is probably why it was so busy.  :roll: Looking forward to the rest of your report,
Lynne

dagobert

Thanks for another great update! Always a pleasure to read your trip report.

kelly.dylan

Such a lovely trip report, really feels like you're taking us all along with you and your photos are lovely!!  :D
The first visit is really special, the first time we went i think we spent the first couple of days just in awe of the whole place and didnt really do much :oops:  When we go now I always plan ahead just to make sure we get to see/do everything ;)
We are taking my mum for her first time next february and reading your report reminded me of how special your first visit is, so am hoping she will feel the same :D
Am looking forward to reading some more about your trip as we have to wait until October for our next trip
Kelly xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

toritinker

loving the update!!
How cool are the cars you got to make!?! makes me wish I could order children's meals hahaha!!
The salad in rainforest..wow HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Dorsetcandy

Tuesday 15th June
Well i awoke on Tues fairly early about 5.30am and had quite an unsettled night for some reason,the others had slept soundly and still were,time for a much needed coffee before a shower and getting dressed,love going on holiday but you do miss your home comforts even at Disney!Anyway by the time everyone was up,dressed and ready to go it was just before 8am,Rhianna had opted for wearing her Tiana costume(which i think is lovely,one of the nicest) so we would have to go meet Tiana today  :D we had seen that Pluto would be in the lobby at 8am so headed down,unfortunately there was already quite a crowd gathered and a fair amount of noise,you couldn't really see any queue forming so as we hadn't mentioned it specifically to the children skipped that and headed to the park!

It was/always was a great feeling heading to the parks and through the gates surrounded by other people anticipating the fun filled day ahead i think you need to have experienced it yourself to fully understand,we were all excited about another new ride Peter Pan's flight,i love the film and collect Peter Pan pins(among others) there was a queue but it moved quickly and in no time at all we were heading off in our boat,Rhianna grippped my hand as it was very dark(i was quite pleased about this lol) it was great but no way you can take in all the things going on around you,you got off feeling you just had to do it again....so we did!!! :D Followed by the tea cups and It's a small world before another tour of the castle!

Deciding it was time for a sit down and a drink we headed back to Main Street and walking through the covered arcade found a really nice place next to Harringtons,not sure of the name of the place  :oops: was real nice snack and a nice place to sit down for a bit with really interesting decor.

As meeting Tiana & Naveen in the Town Square wasn't that far off we decided to look in the shops off Main Street & see if we could find any more pins we would like to trade for,first stop Harringtons as it was only next door they have quite a few LE pins there compared to other shops and we both found a framed set we liked mine a Tink one and Colin a Stitch but we both said we would wait til near the end of our trip to get one but there were others there we liked including some more of the pins from the Pirate event in April,unfortunately the Stitch pirate pin and Mad Hatter St Patricks Day pin they didn't have  :(  this did get to be a common thing to happen to us during our trip as all LE pins seemed to be in locked display cabinets/frames and cms would then go check out back for what you asked for,so asking for any pins you had to keep your fingers crossed they would return with them,also bought a Pin trading bag and a map from the Pirate event so that hopefully when/if we could track them all down we could display them on it!

So by then it was time to head to the meet & greet we got there 20mins before Tiana was due to appear but there was already a long queue,but Rhianna didn't care!Drew wasn't as interested so Colin headed off with him to investigate more shops & cast lanyards for pins.The cast members were very good here at controlling people trying to sneak in which made waiting much less stressfull than elsewhere & luckily we got into the first group of people to see Tiana & Naveen,a big thankyou to the lovely Spainish couple who gave up thier place in the queue so several children could get in the first group and didn't have a longer wait  :thumbs: that's the Disney spirit and i even knew to say muchos gracias  ;)

Tiana & Naveen truly were a Prince & Princess they bent down to greet Rhianna as she approached asking her name and age,commenting on how lovely her dress was and asking who her favourites from the film were,she was a bit shy but grinning loads and managed to say she liked Lois and his trumpet they both signed her autograph book & asked for a kiss before she went it was an experience i will never forget even if she dos! :D

Thinking Colin had waited long enough we headed to Discoveryland and Star Tours,the plan was for me and Drew to watch cartoons in Videopolis while him & Rhianna went on the ride as we knew drew was too young/small however Rhianna ended up staying with us as she was told she was too small but she was fine joining me & Drew phew i expected a bit of fuss!Colin returned grinning and telling how his first shuttle had broken down and thats why he had been a while...to be honest we hadn't really noticed to absorbed in classic cartoons!Deciding it was time for some food we headed to Pizza Planet as the children were determind to do it,lots of kids running around and in the play area and it was a real struggle getting the kids to eat anything which was frustrating its a buffett style were you help yourself to selection of pizza,pasta(it was a bolgnaise or carbonara style) and salad,range of drinks and puddings including pastries,brownies,choc cake and fruit the food was pretty standard we had paid around 46euros for all of us and fealt we could of eaten better elsewhere but could see the advantages for groups of people(school trips/club outings etc) and there were a couple there that day but we personally wouldn't go back on future trips!

We decided to go to Phantom Manor next this was one i'd been really looking forward to and wasn't disappointed,we did get a few looks from people obviously thinking the children would be scared because they were young but they love Doctor Who esp the weeping angels & victorian ghosts/zombies episode and had gone on the huanted house/laser blast at Alton Towers last year and loved it so we were not worried and obviously if they had protested we wouldn't of made them go on!I think the thing that worried Rhianna the most was walking to the doom buggy via the moving walkway as she nearly tripped,we all loved it the children pointed and made spooky noises when the phantoms appeared behind the buggy and we could see them  :thumbs: another one would definately like to do again and again!

Lots to see outside the manor too,which was fun investigating and some stunning views of Big Thunder Mountain & the river boats we all waved as they weny by!Amazing how time passes so fast when you are in the parks looking at our watches we decided time to head in the direction of the parade via Le Voyage of Pinocchio another reasonable wait for the ride and we all enjoyed it,myself & Colin did comment it was a little fast as we couldn't take in all the scene before getting to the next but very enjoyable and another one the whole family could enjoy!

The long days were obviously catching up with all of us as we wearily headed to Main Street we had timed it a bit wrong and it was still a good 40minutes b4 the parade started Colin decided he had done enough for one day and asked if anyone wanted to go back to the hotel for a swim Drew grinned from ear to ear so off they went,Rhianna wanted a drink and we wandered off to get one but i could tell she was sleepy and wasn't sure she would get to see the parade at all at one point she said she was sleepy and could we go,then started crying as we headed under the arches to the exits so back we went managed to get a spot to watch the parade,which was very good and so glad we had made the effort to stay despite the fact i got bashed on the back of the head several times by someone with a big camera trying to get good shots  :evil: i was probably only getting really annoyed because the battery on my camera had decided to run out part wat through but we loved swaying along to the music and waving to the character & got to see some we hadn't managed to elsewhere!I'd love to see a night time version on a future visit  :)

So after a long day in the park off we headed back to the hotel,no stops on the way this time other than to grab some milk in the hotel shop,the boys were still swimming when we got back so we watched tv & did some pictures of our day it was only 20mins or so and they got back,we quickly decided everyone was too tired to head to Disney Village for something to eat so ordered kids meals & sandwiches & drinks via room service were told 30mins which was fine but it came in half that amount of time,the children got a gift of little spirograph sets that said Disneyland Paris on them so they were chuffed and loved there Mickey pizzas  :D very good value we thought and if your feeling especially tired it's so nice to have food brought to you!

Everyone seemed ready for sleep so we cleared the stuff away,wrote some postcards then the children settled down although as the room had 2double beds Rhianna ended up laying with me and Drew with Colin and that was really last thing i remember as i fell into an exhausted yet happy sleep ready for the following day which we had decided would be spent in the Studios  :D

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "bensmum"Brilliant trip report. Gald you all had such a good time and that you are planning another trip. I had forgotten that when we stayed at the NBC there was at least one conference going on which is probably why it was so busy.  :roll: Looking forward to the rest of your report,
Lynne
We definately can all say we had a fab time and want to return,the Newport Bay was very nice the first few days but as it started to get busier towards the end of our stay we could see how irritating lack of room getting through the lobby when crowded/only having one lift could/would be very annoying if it was a constant thing for your whole stay,so annoying as it's a beautiful hotel with great theming and such a nice setting right by the lake but because of the downsides when busy we will probably stay elsewhere in future.

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for another great update! Always a pleasure to read your trip report.
Glad your coming back to read more of the report  :) and ur enjoying it

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Such a lovely trip report, really feels like you're taking us all along with you and your photos are lovely!!  :D
The first visit is really special, the first time we went i think we spent the first couple of days just in awe of the whole place and didnt really do much :oops:  When we go now I always plan ahead just to make sure we get to see/do everything ;)
We are taking my mum for her first time next february and reading your report reminded me of how special your first visit is, so am hoping she will feel the same :D
Am looking forward to reading some more about your trip as we have to wait until October for our next trip
Kelly xx
Thanks,we were definately in awe the first few days & feel we could of planned better but i don't feel we missed out as such as we wouldn't of got round to doing anything no matter what and didn't want to feel too organised as 2young children destroy the best thought out plans..lol
I would love other members of my family to come along with us on a future trip as sure they would love it,although i would worry about my sisters temper confronted with the pushing/shoving you get at times might be amusing to see the outcome though!
October will be here before you know it and then it's no time at all til Feb,lucky you having 2planned trips to look forward too already  :D Sam x

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "toritinker"loving the update!!
How cool are the cars you got to make!?! makes me wish I could order children's meals hahaha!!
The salad in rainforest..wow HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!
xx
I would order a kids meal if you want and see what they say!! :D and the salad was like a mountain,Colin took a pic when they brought it to our table and again when i really could not eat another mouthful & it still looked huge,was nice though going to see if i can recreate it somewhen this week.....just alot smaller! x

Aveen2008

another great addition to the report! The room service looks lovely, your lil boys cute wee face is adorable in the photo hehe! I love the lil tiana dress too and the photos and experience your lil girl had with tiana and naveen I bet it was soooo fantastic to watch.

:) cant wait to read and see more!
Luv Aveen xoxo