Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

I just wanna go and see it all for myself, And I'm sulking I've got to wait so long.  :(

But on the up side. If the height restriction goes down to 1m 07, littlun has five months to grow 1cm so we can ride it as a family.  :D I just hope everything is busy enough to distract me from the fact I am on a roller coaster! :shock:  :D  :shock:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Grandmath

Quote from: "Nath"Sadly the guy who filmed this didn't get to film inside the first section of the ride before you go outside, because I could imagain that would be really themed and would be a great place to start the ride.

However, as much as the lift hill was themed really well with great music and voice overs, whatever happened to this 4 meter bruce? I did see his head poking out of the side of the submarine, but that was only his head, not his supposidly 4 meter planned body. Can anyone confirm this is what i've seen? Or do you see him later on etc?

-Nath

The first section of the ride before you go outside, lasts for about 5 seconds. You just really start at the load, turn around the corner of the beautiful pier, and up you go pretty fast on the first lift hill which is just bare. So you didn't miss much, but I agree it is a nice start (the pier part of it).

For Bruce, you only see the first half of his body. It is pretty big, but wasn't that convinving I thought... it goes by pretty quickly and you don't see him again later. That is a problem I found on this ride: we are not immersed enough in the NEMO universe (ie not enought characters from the movie). It is more of a generic under-the-sea universe.

Sad that the memories start to fade slowly... I really want to ride it again now  :D That in itself shows that my opinion remains mostly positive about it.

CafeFantasia

So, now that the ride is complete, how many video projection scenes are there inside? I was imagining there might be 2 or 3. But, from the sounds of things, there just seems to be that one tiny Nemo projection at the start of the dark ride section. Am I right?

I wouldn't call analysing an attraction "bashing" it. How can you have a meaningful discussion about anything without analysing and comparing the finished product to what was planned? I might go back and watch that Peter McGrath presentation video, to recall all the elements that were planned for this attraction.

Grandmath

There is one projection of Nemo & Squiz, and one projection of the sharks shadows at the bottom of the sub, as seen in a recent rendering.

There might be a projection of the turtles jumping in the EAC (just before the big drop), but I didn't see it as I was facing backwards.

As for the Peter Mc Grath presentation, few things have changed besides the heads on the turtle shells. But the first blueprints reveal effects and themeing that were cut from the end product. This is done on every rides, and we shouldn't really know about it. Crush wasn't "oversold", it's just that we happen to we know there were more ideas for the ride.

It really bothers me though that each passenger sees only one projection at the beginning. I mean, we ride in front of the two screens, but depending on where you seat, one of them is always turned off when your vehicle passes by. Even some simple and random animation such as a bunch of fishes seen in the Epcot dark ride would have been cool. There ARE two screens, the awesome video system is there, let's display two animations, i won't cost more money!

Japper

I think it's a great ride! But is there any chance that things will change/or will be add till june?

(sorry for the bad english)

RnRCj

Please stop talking about the bad stuff on Crush's Coaster! It's making me depressed!

For the people who haven't ridden it yet and are already disappointed about it - Don't judge a book by it's cover!  :lol:

I'm sure it's a great ride!  :D

x-charlotte-x

Quote from: "tubbsy"I just wanna go and see it all for myself, And I'm sulking I've got to wait so long.  :(

At least you don't have to wait as long as me tubbsy!  :( We're not planning on going until September 2008.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

tubbsy

Sorry Charlotte, didnt mean to depress you :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

x-charlotte-x

Aww, you didn't depress me tubbsy  :D you can tell me all about it when you get back!

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Mr_B

Here's to still hoping we get a chance to ride it early before the 9th.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

pjulie75

Now that some people have had a try of the ride, in your opinion is it too scary for young kids??

ChipChap

I don't get it. Now I heard from a friend that there will be a public preview for  the Toon Studios. Is this true? But then again the Shareholders and AP Dream Preview would make no sense...
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

CafeFantasia

Hey, I just remembered a few things that Crush's Coaster was supposed to have, but doesn't seem to...

- What happened to the "dry for wet" effects? Does dry for wet simply mean a black room with bubble projections? I thought there was more to it than that.

- Wasn't there supposed to be a water splash effect outside, as the vehicles drop outside?

- At the top of the main lift hill, weren't the vehicles supposed to break through some kind of mist screen projection? I imagined something similar to the Davy Jones effect on the Pirates of the Carribean ride.

GeoffD

Quote from: "ChipChap"I don't get it. Now I heard from a friend that there will be a public preview for  the Toon Studios.

Yes and no, it's not a public event but there are soft openings where they allow people to get on the ride mainly for CM training.

Owain

Quote from: "Alan"Wasn't there supposed to be a water splash effect outside, as the vehicles drop outside?

It does have it, i think. On Videos you can here splashes.