Dlrpfan

its really taking shape :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Nala_84

Wow, they're really quick!! Nothing in comparison to the guys that had to create e better infrastructure (does that word exist?!) for the WM in Germany :D

I hope so much they'll be finish until May/April and they'd open the Studio at the beginning of June...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

penfold12

Considering I hated the blue, its begining to grow on me!! Still have to say I prefer the yellow, or maybe the green/blue used for the entrance to MGM.

Btw, it studio 5 as taller than 1-3 as it looks?

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"Btw, it studio 5 as taller than 1-3 as it looks?
It's hard to tell...

It must be taller.  It's very impressive when you're stood in its shadow by the Flying Carpets. :)  One funny thing I noticed is that the shadow under the top edging/rim and the plaque (look back at the photos I posted before) is actually painted on for effect:

It doesn't look too good from that angle, but really it's just a mixture of grey skies and me trying to take a photo without getting shouted at for faffing around and not getting into my flying carpet. :wink:

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"

Wow, I simply love this pic. The blue works quite well I have to admit. Step by step it grows on me too. I'm curious to know how it will look like when the details are added to the land because the blue seems like the basic layer. Besides that, Studio 5 seems to become an important weenie to this corner of the park.

Does somone know when the Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and Wendy statue's will be added to the Sorcerer's Hat? Did they already arrive in Europe?

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Does somone know when the Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and Wendy statue's will be added to the Sorcerer's Hat? Did they already arrive in Europe?
No idea.  We've only really heard a very vague "November" for this part of the project.  For the whole week I was there, though, nothing changed at those two areas except a few plastic tubes being moved around, compared to lots going on at "New" Toon Studio all the time.

I like the blue too, I think I spent most of one day telling Patrick how "oh my god, I can't believe it looks good!".  It still goes against all their "warm colours for the cold environment" stuff, but as a colour scheme to tie the land together it works very well.

You might not be so impressed when I post close-up photos of the paint, though. Be warned...

Mod note to self: stop going off topic. :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Perhaps we will be seeing a certain turtle and under-sea friends appearing at the front of the building soon! :)

The Butlin Boy

Form La Rouquine at central plaza

QuoteThe queue external of Crush' S Coaster from now on is covered; the roof of the queue being finished.

Anthony

From WDSFans:

QuoteAs Winter sets in, some welcome shelter has been given to the quickly progressing outside queue for Crush's Coaster. Much like Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast opened at Disneyland Park earlier this year, Crush will be given an extended outdoor queue in addition to a smaller, highly themed indoor queue space. Unlike Laser Blast, however, this one will thankfully be almost fully covered.

Grandmath at Disney Central Plaza forum has just posted the latest construction photo, showing the new corrugated metal roof. Sure, it doesn't look glamorous yet, but this is a Hollywood attraction - all the beauty will be on the outside. Preliminary concept sketches showed a queue themed to a dried-up Australian fishing pier (you can see an image of this here), but, as you can see the concept, the corrugated look is destined to still be there in the final design. Either this will be a way of explaining the attraction is only a filmset, or the fishing pier will be more industrial - the lights drawn on the roof appear similar to those at Armageddon: Special Effects.

The flooring of the queue has also progressed this week, with the outline of the path and some turquoise pieces now visible in the concrete foundations.
From Grandmath at DCP:

RnRCj

I'm definately going to take some photos of the construction site when I visit  the park tomorrow  :D

Does anyone want any photos of any particular things?

Maarten

Quote from: "RnRCj"Does anyone want any photos of any particular things?

Well... haha, I would like to know what can be seen, at this very moment, of the Studios from a Frontierland point of view. Is it possible to see the new Studio 5 from Thunder Mesa of Big Thunder Mountain for example (except for the lifthill)?... such a pic would be great... thank you very much in advance. Enjoy your trip.  :wink:

(I hope i doesn't sound to greedy).  :D

RnRCj

Quote from: "Maarten"Well... haha, I would like to know what can be seen, at this very moment, of the Studios from a Frontierland point of view. Is it possible to see the new Studio 5 from Thunder Mesa of Big Thunder Mountain for example (except for the lifthill)?... such a pic would be great... thank you very much in advance. Enjoy your trip.  :wink:

(I hope i doesn't sound to greedy).  :D

I found out that Studio 5 cannot be seen from Thunder Mesa, but it can be seen from the top of the Thunder Mountain lift hill.

I don't think there's any point in taking photos if it can't be seen :P

Owain

Could you post some Tower of Terror Photos ! or have you already posted some ? :!:  :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"I found out that Studio 5 cannot be seen from Thunder Mesa, but it can be seen from the top of the Thunder Mountain lift hill.
Did you go on the Mark Twain?  That's one thing I missed on my last trip and I really wanted to see if Studio 5 can be seen.  It's a very tall building and the berm gets very low over by those geysers.  I know ToT can be seen from that point...  :?

Samninetysix

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I found out that Studio 5 cannot be seen from Thunder Mesa, but it can be seen from the top of the Thunder Mountain lift hill.
Did you go on the Mark Twain?  That's one thing I missed on my last trip and I really wanted to see if Studio 5 can be seen.  It's a very tall building and the berm gets very low over by those geysers.  I know ToT can be seen from that point...  :?

I'm gonna have to check that out at Christmas