Reasons to be Cheerful...

Started by Magic M, November 16, 2009, 01:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Like I have said before, I do understand people complaining about all the bad things at Disneyland, bur in my opinion they shouldn't just complain here on the forum. When we have been the last time to DLRP I told all the things I didn't like about the parks the CMs at the City Hall. I don't know if this helps, but at least I have the feeling that they get to know that there is not everything okay in the parks.
I didn't complain about broken lightbulbs, but I did complain about the restrooms and about the overloaded dustbins. Nevertheless I try to see the positive things at Disneyland, because I can go there only once a year and for me it is still the most magical place on earth.

I also don't know about the condition of the parks 15 years ago, but from 2006 to 2008 I have been there every year and condition of the parks improved from year to year.

There are also many people who think that the American parks are better maintained than DLRP. It might be true for Disneyland Anaheim, but not for WDW. Maybe Disney improved WDW during the last year, but in 2008 DLRP was by far the better maintained resort.

I will see how the parks will be in February and then I will judge again.

CafeFantasia

Right, those of us complaining about things, are not doing it because we enjoy negativity. We're doing it because we want to see Disneyland Paris get better, not worse. We're trying to help the parks, and steer them away from getting uglier and tackier, by providing constructive feedback. Of course, if no-one at Disneyland Paris actually reads what we write, it's all kind of pointless :-)

I guess for a kid today that grew up with the Walt Disney Studios Park, and thinks it is the best thing in the World, it's kind of hard to understand how Disney has declined. Disappointment and the resulting "negativity" is simply the result of having expectations higher than the reality. I mean, if your expectations are low and you don't know any better, Armageddon is the best special effects show in the World. That's easy.

A lot of us are just disappointed in the quality Disney is delivering today, based on what they used to deliver 15-20 years ago. They used to build things that exceeded your expectations, that were bigger, better and more innovative than what you were used to. But these days, they're not trying so hard, they're not trying to be the best, they're less ambitious, they're settling for less. And the result of that is: Toy Story Playland in a Disney park, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in a non-Disney park.

dagobert

Well said Alan.

Concerning TSPL I have mixed feelings. WDS really needs attractions for younger guests, except the Magic Carpets and Cars there is nothing for children and TSPL focuses mainly on the younger guests. So I do understand why Disney is building this carnival rides, but they should have chosen other small rides instead.
The next thing is that Euro Disney is always out of money so they don't have the background to build attractions like Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones Adventure at the monent. But money isn't the only problem.

You just have to look to Florida and Anaheim. Both resorts are making a lot of money and Disney is there also on the cheap side. At first the big mistake with DCA, which gets fixed now, and than DAK with these cheap Dinoland USA.

The management thinks that people will come as long as there is the Disney logo at the entrance.

In my opinion Disney became a too large company during the last 20 years and so they lost the way. I also think that there are too many people, that came from outside the company, in the management team. They have learned at college and university how to reduce costs and not what Disney is/was all about.

WDI has also lost a lot of credits, but I hope this all gets better again since John Lasetter is part of WDI. Except TSPL the new attractions look really good and hopefully DLRP will receive such attractions for the 20th birthday