Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Segafredo is blissfully independent.

I'm not sure Unilever has a brand of bottled water. Which must surely make it the one thing they don't sell. The European market is dominated by Nestle (Perrier, San Pellegrino, Vittel) and Danone (Evian, Volvic).

I would miss Nestea and San Pellegrino, though. Lipton Iced Tea is dreadful, especially the carbonated kind that is so inexplicably popular in Europe.

littlemermaid83

Lets just hope the workers are faster at taking and making orders then what they are in the parks.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CGM12345

Earl of Sandwich is open
@Disney_Paris
QuoteAfter one year of work and the creation of 80 jobs, the new Earl of Sandwich restaurant is now open at Disney Village !

Josh

I can't wait to go and see it! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Lets just hope the workers are faster at taking and making orders then what they are in the parks.

Fast food needs a new definition at DLRP. They really need to improve the ordering process, because it takes really long to order and to get the food. At WDW the CMs are a lot faster.

But it's also annoying when guests stand in line and when they have to order they don't know what to choose.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Lets just hope the workers are faster at taking and making orders then what they are in the parks.

Fast food needs a new definition at DLRP. They really need to improve the ordering process, because it takes really long to order and to get the food. At WDW the CMs are a lot faster.

But it's also annoying when guests stand in line and when they have to order they don't know what to choose.

I remember being at the Hyperion and it took 25mins to get served and get food. Noone was in front of me, the CM just seemed to be half asleep. I was disgusted.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Martyn

Quoteand that Euro Disney hasn't caught up with this yet, still selling mainly burgers and fries

I have to disagree with this that, kind of. Me and my parter were both pleasently surprised with how different the food in the parks were compare to last year. Annoyingly though, I cant remember too much of what was different, but I can remember having a lovely bagette in the Blockbuster Cafe, and a really tastly veal and chicken(?) kebab in the Hakuna Matata restaurant. Also, the offerings in that little Mexican place opposite BTM were very nice too, think the new stuff there were tortilla's? Also had some nice chicken and chips from a little hut opposite the riverboat landing.

The food may not be perfect, but the variety of what was on offer had changed a lot compared to 2009/10.

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"
Quoteand that Euro Disney hasn't caught up with this yet, still selling mainly burgers and fries

I have to disagree with this that, kind of. Me and my parter were both pleasently surprised with how different the food in the parks were compare to last year. Annoyingly though, I cant remember too much of what was different, but I can remember having a lovely bagette in the Blockbuster Cafe, and a really tastly veal and chicken(?) kebab in the Hakuna Matata restaurant. Also, the offerings in that little Mexican place opposite BTM were very nice too, think the new stuff there were tortilla's? Also had some nice chicken and chips from a little hut opposite the riverboat landing.

The food may not be perfect, but the variety of what was on offer had changed a lot compared to 2009/10.

Compared with other Disney resorts and even with other themeparks, DLRP is still far away from the food offered there. And from a vegetarian point of view it gets worse and worse from year to year. In 2008 there was the Omelette Burger, Vegetarian Fajitas or several veggie sandwiches available. Last year none of those meals were offered.

Compared with WDW DLRP is really bad when it is about food.

pussinboots

The Disneyland Park has always had a few outposts selling regional specialties, of which the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue has always been the best by far in my opinion. Hakuna Matata and Fuente del Oro just aren't very good, although they do offer an alternative to standard fast food, yes.

But as Dagobert points out, the overall quality is horrendous and the menus have become simplified into infinity, especially compared to the American parks. Instead of the relish-topped slaw and chili cheese dogs of Casey's at Walt Disney World, Casey's Corner in Paris serves nothing more complicated than hot dogs with and without cheese. Instead of the delicious, ample Angus burger of the Village Haus in California, au Chalet de la Marionnette offers something flat, over-processed and bland. Instead of parfaits with fresh fruit toppings, we get Activia yogurt. Then there's the outdated way you order. Is it even possible to get a custom order? What would the cashier do? Panic?

Coffee is another thing, of course. In the US parks, it's now possible to get such Starbucks-style concoctions as an Iced Chai Tea Latte. Disneyland Paris has given us Cafe Cafes, which serves Nescafe with flavored syrups. But I suppose there's some hope there.

But what doesn't even exist here is the food court. White Water Snacks, that sort of thing. Our hotels have sit-down restaurants... Period. The closest thing would be the Castle Club lounge at the Disneyland Hotel, but that's not exactly public as we know.

Anyway. Apparently, Disney has already taken to putting an outdoor vending cart in front of New York Style Sandwiches this week. Maybe they're starting to fear the competition?

dagobert

Quote from: "pussinboots"The Disneyland Park has always had a few outposts selling regional specialties, of which the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue has always been the best by far in my opinion. Hakuna Matata and Fuente del Oro just aren't very good, although they do offer an alternative to standard fast food, yes.

But as Dagobert points out, the overall quality is horrendous and the menus have become simplified into infinity, especially compared to the American parks. Instead of the relish-topped slaw and chili cheese dogs of Casey's at Walt Disney World, Casey's Corner in Paris serves nothing more complicated than hot dogs with and without cheese. Instead of the delicious, ample Angus burger of the Village Haus in California, au Chalette de la Marionette offers something flat, over-processed and bland. Instead of parfaits with fresh fruit toppings, we get Activia yogurt. Then there's the outdated way you order. Is it even possible to get a custom order? What would the cashier do? Panic?

Coffee is another thing, of course. In the US parks, it's now possible to get such Starbucks-style concoctions as an Iced Chai Tea Latte. Disneyland Paris has given us Cafe Cafes, which serves Nescafe with flavored syrups. But I suppose there's some hope there.

But what doesn't even exist here is the food court. White Water Snacks, that sort of thing. Our hotels have sit-down restaurants... Period. The closest thing would be the Castle Club lounge at the Disneyland Hotel, but that's not exactly public as we know.

Anyway. Apparently, Disney has already taken to putting an outdoor vending cart in front of New York Style Sandwiches this week. Maybe they're starting to fear the competition?

Totally agree with you and there is nothing to add. Even at counter service restaurant at WDW it is possible to substitute or leave some ingredients off the meal, but in Paris that's not possible. And the service is also a lot better and faster compared to Paris. I admit that the language barrier may have to do with that, but that's why DLRP introduced the new photo menues to show the cashier what you want to order. Unfortunately it didn't really help. Not to mention the quality of the food offered at WDW.

The table service restaurants at DLRP aren't that bad, but compared to other parks I have been, especially WDW, they lose.

aliscrapper

The one thing that really frustrated me last year was the lack of fresh fruit available - in fact when I return in September I'm going to take a backpack full of the stuff; save me constantly hunting for the stuff! :)

smurfy74

slightly off topic - if you stay in a disney hotel then theres always a fruit bowl at breakfast - we have often taken an apple or two for later in the day as its easier than trying to find some in the parks :-)

DopeyDad

Apple juice! That's all I'll say, we found one place in the parks to buy apple juice and that was the Baby Centre, and our 18 month old at the time......would only drink apple juice! There is more to soft drinks than milk (sort of!), orange juice, and a bottle of coke DLP.

aliscrapper

Quote from: "smurfy74"slightly off topic - if you stay in a disney hotel then theres always a fruit bowl at breakfast - we have often taken an apple or two for later in the day as its easier than trying to find some in the parks :-)

Thanks.

Josh

It'd be nice if they did the frozen lemonades. I had them when I went to WDW and they were so nice! I was addicted by the end of the holiday!
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]