Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliscrapper

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I do fancy the Montegue!  I might have to try out the one in London next week.

Ooh I didn't realise we had Earl of Sandwich in this country!!  Are there many of them in London?? Thanks :thumbs:

davewasbaloo

One opened in Ludgate Hill in the square mile last month, it is the first, but their business plan is to rival Pret a Manger or Eat in the UK (notice they did not mention Subway, given that Subway is bigger than McDonald's now, probably sensible).
since 2001 (many before that)

aliscrapper

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"One opened in Ludgate Hill in the square mile last month, it is the first, but their business plan is to rival Pret a Manger or Eat in the UK (notice they did not mention Subway, given that Subway is bigger than McDonald's now, probably sensible).

Thanks Dave :thumbs:  Gives us an opportunity to experience Earl of Sandwich before we get to DLP in September! :D

Martyn

Looking good! It will be nice to sit out on that balcony on a nice day.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I do fancy the Montegue!  I might have to try out the one in London next week.

Make that 2. Just looked at the menu and this'll be the first one for me.

Also, they've a nice full screen Coming Soon message on the French version of the website

http://www.earlofsandwich.fr/

Josh

It's just a week to go, now! I wonder if they'll be able to make it in time! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Here is a new picture from inside EoS:

Photo by Disney Gazette

http://www.disneygazette.fr/concours-ea ... s-509.html

Anthony

Love that ceiling decoration. This might just beat Starbucks and all its cool recycled wood for me.

Quite an improvement over just a few years to have two stylish cafés in the village now, isn't it?

Riebi

It would if we could see a general master plan or a general design for the village. At the moment it´s just a mix of diffrent boxes which doesn´t fit that well together.

So yes the earl´s design is a good step for one building and it´s nice to see that they try something new. But please do something that brings back the  "all of a piece"-look of the village. That´s not something that you can fix with some ballons.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi"It would if we could see a general master plan or a general design for the village. At the moment it´s just a mix of diffrent boxes which doesn´t fit that well together.

So yes the earl´s design is a good step for one building and it´s nice to see that they try something new. But please do something that brings back the  "all of a piece"-look of the village. That´s not something that you can fix with some ballons.

The balloons are so ugly and I hope they will be removed sooned than later. You are totally right, there is no master plan of DV. When King Ludwig's Castle opened the industrial theme was gone. For me the problem is that one side of DV has a consistent design, while the other side with King Ludwig, Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich, is a mix of buildings.

I think one solution could be that Disney firstly removes all the balloons and installs lamposts and secondly gives the other side individual designs. That means that every building looks different and that creates a "consistent theming" again.

littlemermaid83

Does Earls offer a kids menu? I haven't come across one.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

Fandlrp from DCP has posted two new pictures:

That restaurant has indeed the best spot in DV. From the terrace you will have a great view over Lake Disney.

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 011#990257

peterpanfan1953

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Riebi"It would if we could see a general master plan or a general design for the village. At the moment it´s just a mix of diffrent boxes which doesn´t fit that well together.

The balloons are so ugly and I hope they will be removed sooned than later. You are totally right, there is no master plan of DV. When King Ludwig's Castle opened the industrial theme was gone. For me the problem is that one side of DV has a consistent design, while the other side with King Ludwig, Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich, is a mix of buildings.

I think one solution could be that Disney firstly removes all the balloons and installs lamposts and secondly gives the other side individual designs. That means that every building looks different and that creates a "consistent theming" again.

I am hoping that once World of Disney opens they will replace the existing "Disney" stores on the other side and whatever they put there will have better exteriors.  

I am not a fan of the current look of Disney Village so I really hope that it gets an overall facelift soon after the opening of World of Disney... and until that happens I guess it doesn't really make much sense to do that... as much as I would cheer if they did :P
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

dagobert

New pictures by MagicEmotion from DCP:

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 011#990750

Josh

The way that it just sits next to the side-rails of the bridge looks kind of odd, but it's a brilliant building overall.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]