Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "aliscrapper"The one thing that really frustrated me last year was the lack of fresh fruit available - in fact when I return in September I'm going to take a backpack full of the stuff; save me constantly hunting for the stuff! :)

I pack loads of fruit with us, except bananas incase they get squished.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Terkina

Quote from: "smurfy74"slightly off topic - if you stay in a disney hotel then theres always a fruit bowl at breakfast - we have often taken an apple or two for later in the day as its easier than trying to find some in the parks :-)

Which hotel did they have fruit at breakfast?
I staid in Santa Fe in March and couldn't find fruit for breakfast.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

Josh

It was the Sequoya. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

tinkswishes

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Meph"Do they do takeaways? My family are hoping to use it a lot to grab some lunch to eat in the parks. :)

Why would you want to do that? The sandwich would get cold (these are hot sandwiches). also it has some of the best views of the resort. And where would you eat it in the parks? Hopefully not at a table.

Theres no need to be so rude. Like myself the poster clearly didnt realise they were hot sandwiches!

You can eat sandwiches in the park just sat on a bench sandwiches dont require tables.

Josh

I was thinking about the cold sandwiches that they also do. I guess it wouldn't be a problem to let the hot sandwiches cool down and eat them later, though. xD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Meph"It was the Sequoya. :)

I stayed in the Sequoia Lodge last September and unfortunately there was only fruit salad available - I didn't see any whole bits of fruit. :(

aliscrapper

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "aliscrapper"The one thing that really frustrated me last year was the lack of fresh fruit available - in fact when I return in September I'm going to take a backpack full of the stuff; save me constantly hunting for the stuff! :)

I pack loads of fruit with us, except bananas incase they get squished.

Yes I'm definitely going to do that for our return trip in September.  Someone also suggested taking the little tins of pineapple that have a ring pull on them. :thumbs:

smurfy74

ive had fruit when staying at the Cheyenne, Santa Fe, SL, NPBC and the DLH never stayed at the New York :-) as far as we can remember though the fruit at the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne were available at dinner

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "tinkswishes"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Meph"Do they do takeaways? My family are hoping to use it a lot to grab some lunch to eat in the parks. :)

Why would you want to do that? The sandwich would get cold (these are hot sandwiches). also it has some of the best views of the resort. And where would you eat it in the parks? Hopefully not at a table.

Theres no need to be so rude. Like myself the poster clearly didnt realise they were hot sandwiches!

You can eat sandwiches in the park just sat on a bench sandwiches dont require tables.

What is so rude about asking a question (though I do have a huge dislike for picnicers in the parks - too many bad experiences of buying food in a counter restaurant and not being able to get a seat due to picnicers taking tables and breaking the rules, and DLP cast are terrible for enforcing them).
since 2001 (many before that)

Martyn

Your post did come across quite rude.

If they want to get a take away sandwich, its their choice, no need to question their decision on that, and no need for the little dig at them sitting a table.

davewasbaloo

Apologies if it came across as rude. It just struck me as facinating when EoS probably has the prettiest view now of all the eateries (except maybe Cafe Mickey). Also wanted to point out these are hot sandwiches, so they may not be as enjoyable eaten cold. and yes, I wanted to dig at picnicing. No picnics used to be allowed in the parks and I would like it to stay that way.

Martyn

But you dont like the food they have on offer in the parks either? Yet you dont want people bringing in their own food....

dagobert

It is annoying when people bring their own food and use the outside and sometimes even the inside tables of the park restaurant. On New Years Eve 2006 there were so many people occupying tables in Colonel Hathi's without even ordering anything and eating their own food. Another park guest complained and the people were told to leave the restaurant. The CMs should enforce that more often.

I don't mind people picnicing in the parks as long as they use the general benches and not restaurant tables, don't leave trash behind and don't sit or lie and the lawn in front of the castle.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Martyn"But you dont like the food they have on offer in the parks either? Yet you dont want people bringing in their own food....

Where do you get that idea. I hate the way they have dumbed down the menues, or gotten rid of good table service offerings in favour of buffets. But I like the Silver Spur, Blue Lagoon, Auberge de Cindrillon, Last Chance Cafe, Fuente Del Oro, Hakuna Matata, and Bella Notte. As well as the California Grill, Annette's, and the Steakhouse.

I miss how Cowboy Cookout BBQ, King Ludwigs, Cafe Mickey (when it was LA Bar and Grill), Parkside Diner, Manhatten Bar and Grill, and Hunters Grill used to be (unique dining experiences).

and no, I do not think food should be allowed to be carried into the park unless you have a special diet need and prove it with medical documents.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"I don't mind people picnicing in the parks as long as they use the general benches and not restaurant tables, don't leave trash behind and don't sit or lie and the lawn in front of the castle.

If people wish to picnic, there is a picnic area between the village and the car park.... :thumbs: