Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I know there is a picnic area and if Disney wishes that people use it then they have to enforce that people leave the park. In my opinion Disney knows that most people will not leave the parks and tolerates that. I think it is not possible to for a park with thousands of visitors per day to do so. I just want that restaurant CM tell people who don't order anything to leave the resataurant.

People picniced at WDW inside the parks and it was also tolerated. When security searched the bags they didn't take the food away.

SM:M3

I don't think it was rude, just blunt and fair. Imagine you go into your local café and you cant get a table, but someone is sitting on a table with an M&S meal deal. Same as going into a park restaurant and finding someone with a picnic at a table.

davewasbaloo

Thanks SM:M3...
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

It is getting a bit off topic, but how do other themeparks handle that problem? Is it tolerated to picnic inside the park at DL Anaheim, Tokyo, Hong Kong and non-Disney parks?

I don't know if it was allowed at Cedar Point, but many people brought their own food and ate inside the park? We saw that at WDW, too, but WDW also offers picnic baskets to purchase. I think WDW and all other Disney resorts have the same policy that bringing food into the parks is not allowed, therefor they have picnic areas outside the park, although I think these places are hardly ever used.

As I've said before, I don't mind people eating their own food as long as they don't use the restaurant tables, don't leave trash behind and don't sit on the lawn in front of the castle.

davewasbaloo

Non disney parks often allow it (the Merlin parks do allow picnicing, just at designated areas in the parks).

Disney officially does not allow it in any of their parks, but they turn a blind eye (they never used to when I was a kid, but they also enforced a dress code back then too).

dagobert

A dress code? I'm sorry to say that, but that's a little problem in the US parks and not only in the parks. I couldn't believe in what clothes some people showed up on the University.

The Japanese definately win when it comes to clothes.

dagobert

Now back on topic:

Does Ear of Sandwich operate the restaurant or is it a franchise operated by Group Flo or even by Disney?

smithl16

Does it do cold sandwiches as well as hot? On the menu I only saw hot?

davewasbaloo

I am not 100% sure about Paris, but I only recall hot sandwiches in the one in Florida.

SM:M3

Quote from: "dagobert"Now back on topic:

Does Ear of Sandwich operate the restaurant or is it a franchise operated by Group Flo or even by Disney?
I believe its Earl of Sandwich operated.

dagobert

Thanks for the info, SM:M3!!

Although the restaurant is open now for a few days the website isn't still working.

Josh

By the way, I didn't think of it as rude, but thanks anyway. ^_^
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

littlemermaid83

I have had hot sandwiches as subway and not eaten them till I have walked home, hey I even left one over night and ate it the next day lol.

Does anyone know if they do a meal deal and how much they are?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

JoefromSingapore

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Does anyone know if they do a meal deal and how much they are?

As yet there are no meal deals, you can make up your own meal but it's priced per item and not as a set.

Sandwiches are at a rate of €5.50 each and Breakfast and Childrens Sandwiches are a cheaper €3.50!
 :D
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "JoefromSingapore"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Does anyone know if they do a meal deal and how much they are?

As yet there are no meal deals, you can make up your own meal but it's priced per item and not as a set.

Sandwiches are at a rate of €5.50 each and Breakfast and Childrens Sandwiches are a cheaper €3.50!
 :D

Its quite pricey if you have to add on extras, which sucks.

Do they sell fries?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!