Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyAlba

I, too, think the 2D (or "2.5 D"  :wink: ) buildings look pretty darn good in those latest pictures! They actually look quite believable.

And indeed, I don't even want to imagine the horror of a fake blue sky backdrop.  :wink:
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

The Butlin Boy

:o  :o  :o  :o

Source: Kyoto at DMI
 :arrow: http://kyotodmi.free.fr/DLRP%2004102007/TOT/

Anthony

Hey it's very tall, isn't it? Don't forget the main backdrop is still to go behind this one, and should be about twice the size... :o

The detail on the tunnel is much better than I expected. I remember imagining this project like a series of cardboard cut-outs, it's turned out so much more "real"...

peep

Wow, that looks awesomes, although it looks too close to the hotel, but thats probably just due to the angle the photo has been taken from.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

RnRCj

I can't really see the details on the backdrop from the picture, but it's good to see that some of it has finally been added :D

Kristof

I've uploaded a bunch of photos from yesterday here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... acemaking/

The backdrop looks pretty impressive, especially when you stand on Disney Brothers Plaza.  You have this nice frame of buildings with the green hills on the back ground.

I still can't believe this is happening at our Studios...  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

More amazing photos Raptor, well done and thanks for sharing them :)

RnRCj

I usually don't like backdrops much, but I have to say, this one's looking pretty good so far :)

GeoffD

it does look fantastic, and so much different from when i went.

It was nothing except frames when i was there.

skalos

Sorry for asking... When is the Hollywood Boulevard placemaking is going to be finished? Is there any chance of being done by late November??

RockNRoller

Ah you beat me, when are you going to be able to walk down it? it looks really good and I hope its open by November 26th. Dont think I can wait till next years visit.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Flounder

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Ah you beat me, when are you going to be able to walk down it? it looks really good and I hope its open by November 26th. Dont think I can wait till next years visit.

I don't think it's gonna be open that date ... I think it goes along with the opening of ToT - but please correct me if I should be wrong.

RockNRoller

Really hope you are wrong Flounder. Last year all we saw was construction work for TOT, Cars and Nemo. It would be nice to see it finished and be able to walk down that Boulevard late evening. Make up for the fact that i cant ride TOT till our next visit Nov 2008
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mehdi5

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Ah you beat me, when are you going to be able to walk down it? it looks really good and I hope its open by November 26th. Dont think I can wait till next years visit.
If i remember correctly it will open in December with the TOT previews and soft opening.

WDI1992

It really does look impressive as Raptor has said! It looks huge and in real 3 dimensions from the front and once you're at the back you just cant believe it is so small and so flat in real life. This is 'Trompe l'oeil' at it's best! It's great and it's still getting better each day! oh and I noticed last sunday: in the front buildings: real windows! how good its that? They could've opted for fake ones just aswell.
Btw I think the opening will be together with the soft opening of ToT aswell; so during december, Greetings!  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net