Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDI1992

which look absolutely great!  :wink: oh yeah, and realistic!
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Anthony

Wow wow wow!! They make SUCH a difference to the placemaking, don't they? It's crazy when things like this are a luxury, but thank god the Imagineers know exactly what the park needs.

They're fake I guess, as expected? Nice and realistic, as WDI1992 says. Also, do they get smaller with each one, or is that my crazy eyes? :-s

WDI1992

Raptor explained to me that they are fake cause real ones wouldn't survive, only the kind of palmtree that is situated in the front lot can survive in degrees down to -20°!   :P didn't I pay good attention!
I wonder too if they get smaller, the further away they are placed... It seems like the most logical since this would help the trompe l'oeuil effect. I think they do indd. Again wow they look great! they make it so much more real and add that extra touch...  :D
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Maarten

Wow, those palmtrees look really good! Amazing! I also like the fact that the buildings on our Boulevard won't be exact copies of the US cousins. Look at our Sweet Succes building; its called Beverly Court.  :wink:

Soap

Just great YUMMIE! I can't wait to go see them myself...i hope soon, very soon!!  :shock:
Step by step it is growing to something bigger and better :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Here I was thinking that this can't get any better, and they go and add PALM TREES!!! :D  I love how they get smaller as they go along, and this is in our Studios :o

RockNRoller

Now that is something special, I cant wait to walk down that Boulevard. I hope all the people who knocked the Studios are seeing this.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Kristof

Lots of progress!!

The new information kiosk:

Scaffolding came down:

Nicely themed planter:

Studio Tram Tour letters on Hollywood Tunnel:

I like this shot: :-)

Lots more here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... acemaking/

The Butlin Boy

Amazing photos Raptor, where would we be without you? :wink:

I was actually just about to post a photo of the STT entrance sign that I found on disneytheque, but I guess you beat me to it :lol:

I was just wondering, will the tunnel be the entrance to the STT or will there be space in between the sign and the entrance? :?

anthony2k6

Quote from: "raptor1982"Oh my god... PALMTREES!!  :shock:   It's day full of surprises!

Photo credit: fabawan / DCP

real or plastic? didnt you say real ones wouldnt survive the paris weather?

The Butlin Boy

They're fake :wink:

-breeno-

Wow they are brillant pictures thanks :D

At first i was a little worried that the boulevard would look cramped and not looking too well, but after those photos, it looks great :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

Wow! I go away for a day and I miss loads! This is looking absolutely amazing :shock: The Imagineers hve really done an incredible job with this 8)

Maarten

Wow, "the Hollywood that never was is finally here!"  8)

Dlrpfan

hehe very sneeky Rator  :lol:  great pictures!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012